Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Should I get a Saturn or 3DO?

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    No, it has the same amount of ram as the 360. Just split 256 + 256. And something weird about it that requires way more care and less freedom programming wise compared to the 360. Not sure the exact details again as I forgot. But just correcting you.
    I'll assume you didn't reach page 4 before writing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwolf View Post
    Well, I can see that for a very BAD port, using the PS3 hardware very badly.
    A half-assed port. Or the RAM allocation problem. We'll never know the answer.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider View Post
    A half-assed port. Or the RAM allocation problem. We'll never know the answer.
    Considering they've patched it numerous times to try and fix it, I'm willing to bet it's the RAM allocation problem.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider View Post
    I'll assume you didn't reach page 4 before writing that.
    Yep. Plus I so should of guessed ten dozen folks from here would of pointed out that mistake all at the same time. Some real bright boys here. Which is very great to be still learning new things because of this great place.

Yep. Plus I so should of guessed ten dozen folks from here would of pointed out that mistake all at the same time. Some real bright boys here. Which is very great to be still learning new things because of this great place.
    Yes this place is great for learning. This is where I learned hexadecimals. Tomathious taught me them in some thread. I love that guy.

BRNexus have you decided upon which console to get?

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

If you're interested in the 3DO and think you might enjoy it, then I'd say get one now. There aren't that many in circulation and the people who have them tend to hold onto them. Saturns, both NA and Japanese, are very plentiful and easy to find. As far as games go, I think going Japan only is a smart decision. Games are 9 times out of 10 cheaper and come in regular jewel cases, so you don't have to worry about the longbox being reduced to a fine powder by the time it arrives at your house. And if the thought of prices climbing worries you, then just get a modchip installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

^no wonder burned never worked on fz1 or goldstar
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPGbandit View Post
    ^no wonder burned never worked on fz1 or goldstar
    Burned CDs worked on both of my FZ-1s and on the Goldstar I briefly had, as long as I used high-quality discs (Taiyo Yuden).

One of my FZ-1s had to warm up for a while before it'd read a burned disc well, but the other one does it with no problem right out of the box. The Goldstar was surprisingly tolerant too, considering their reputation for struggling with burned discs.

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

As tempting as it is, I won't use CDRs in my FZ-1. I don't want to risk wearing out the laser. CDRs definitely did a number on my Sega CD.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

I'm going to go against the grain here and recommend the 3d0 It has plenty of good games, a very under rated console. The best part about it is that it has no copy protection so you can try out tons of games for very little cost.

IMO Saturn has a far better library.

- Sega Touring Car. Very under rated. Like it more then Daytona USA. Never gave it a chance when I bought it brand new. Did recently and now I so regret it.
    Better than Daytona USA CE?
    I might give it a chance, Daytona is my favorite racing game on Saturn (even over Sega Rally which is excellent).

Quote Originally Posted by Folco View Post
    IMO Saturn has a far better library.

Better than Daytona USA CE?
    I might give it a chance, Daytona is my favorite racing game on Saturn (even over Sega Rally which is excellent).
    Don't get it unless you have the steering wheel, i find it pretty much unplayable using the d pad and the analog controller isn't much better.

Pfft stock car racing.

Never played Touring Car, but it has amazing music. Almost on-par with F-Zero GX's music.

Thread Information