Quantcast

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344

Thread: Can Sega-16 Beat the Last of the Genesis, Sega CD, & 32X Libraries in 2017

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

^Oh, man, you're the hero we've been waiting for. Congratulations -- so glad you're aboard!

The PAL list is one step closer to completion; beat Snake, Rattle & Roll today.
    I liked the game for the most part but the small size of the game (there are 12 levels but each one is very short), missing options, a broken 2-player mode, very unforgiving controls and some frustrating/unfair parts make the 10 out of 10 review rating look ludicrous.

@RvR: Keep up the good work!

Attached Images Attached Images

^Awesome! So nice to see this thread heating up again. And now only 15 PAL games remain.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker RvR's Avatar

Congrats Seingalt! And thanks guys! I wanted to get people fired up and ready to beats some games so glad to see another game fall.

Going forward, I have devised a strategy to win the hockey games. There is a used game shop near me and they will probably have at least one of them and cheap because sports games are so common yet hard to sell. With the physical games I can go to hang out with my friends on the weekend and try to beat them together.

If anyone wants to help but doesn't want to take on a big project there are like 6 (American) football games and at least one is probably easy. I am Canadian and thus have no idea how football works so I cant help with those.

I know its done already but beat Ghouls and Ghosts tonight. Great game! Much easier than Ghosts n Goblins but still very tough. Especially the giant worms.

I just beat Coach K Basketball with the AK Razorbacks (I picked the best team to make it easy, but the game still put up a fight.) It's the same engine and graphics as the NBA Live series, which are the best basketball sims on the Genesis, imo. The graphics, controls, music, are all solid. I enjoyed the time I had with Coach K.

This is the ending screen after you beat the tournament. After this, it just sends you back to the menu.

20171002_212817.jpg20171002_212826.jpg

^Niiiiiice. Great to have you back! And: 60 NTSC Genesis games left!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Prince Talmit's Avatar

I beat AH3 Thunderstruck last night on default settings. The credit cinema say "now beat it on Hard mode" or something like that. I started in on Hard mode and will have no problem completing that. *except if my Mega CD is dead
    I also played a few rounds of BC Racers. Played straight through the default settings first go without losing a race. Then got first overall in hard circuit. A few night later I went to try the final "Rock Hard" tracks, and the CD won't load. Nothing had been touched since last time I played it, but no go. Tried cleaning the original disc, tried a freshly burned disc, ...the audio tacks play no problem, but the game won't load.
    Then going back to AH3 Thunderstruck that wouldn't load either. ...lots of basic trouble shooting, and I found that if I play some audio tracks and forward to a later track like 10,11,12, etc, then go and choose CD-ROM, then it will load... though BC Racers so far won't load no mater what.
    So looks like my region-free JPN Mega-CD might be dying.

Oh, man, that sounds like bad news. I wonder if there's something physically wrong with the drive mechanism that maybe could be fixed with lubrication or similar maintenance (vs. outright replacing parts)? The thing about seeking to track 10-12 and then having the disc play sounds suspicious.

I hope your Mega CD recovers and allows you to finish off these games!

I tried to drunkenly beat games with my friends. We failed on hockey games but we did have a blast beating gunstar heroes. I also beat Battletoads & Double Dragon last night. Great games. I can see why they have long been off the list!

Thread Information