Quantcast

Page 5 of 60 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Sega-16 Beat the Last of the Genesis, Sega CD, & 32X Libraries in 2018

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
    007 The Duel is a turd. I hate the controls. Has anyone else ever played this game?
    I did, sadly.
    For some reason I assumed it could be mediocre and frustrating but fun as the bastardized version of Lethal Weapon on the SNES (I used to play that one with a childhood's friend). How wrong I was.

I started on James Pond 3. Had a blast with it until today. Played about 30 levels, when it suddenly seems like I cannot backtrack into the Cheese Tower to complete a level I didn't beat there. Checked a Let's Play on YouTube, where it seems like you can backtrack via a route from the fruit lands, but that route never appeared to me though I bet the stage and got the multi-route item on it. So I will take a break from this and play Rent A Hero instead. Then when I'm done with it, use an older password so I can beat all levels in the Cheese Tower, and then proceed after that. Except for this hassle, the game was very fun. Lots of secrets, exploration, constant story progress/dialogue, many items to use, nice gfx, quite OK sound. By far the best of the three in the trilogy.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Nice! Enjoy the new Rent-A-Hero translation, and we'll rest a bit easier knowing you'll be back to beat James Pond 3 after your triumph.

Formerly segafan1989 Master of Shinobi 4Runner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I did, sadly.
    For some reason I assumed it could be mediocre and frustrating but fun as the bastardized version of Lethal Weapon on the SNES (I used to play that one with a childhood's friend). How wrong I was.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    ^I played it a bit, sometime last year or the year before. I eventually got through the first level or two, but I certainly wasn't a fan of the game.
    I'm glad my sentiments are shared.

Not seeing it on the list, but I completed Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball-bu Soccer-hen MD the other day:

http://i.imgur.com/BlV1ddy.png

Once the review is done in a couple of days or so, I'll then look into posting ending screens for Super Baseball 2020, Powermonger, and Centurion.

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Not seeing it on the list, but I completed Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball-bu Soccer-hen MD the other day:

http://i.imgur.com/BlV1ddy.png
    Ah, that's because it's a Japanese game, which we're not (yet) doing. Congrats, though, and:

Quote Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
    Once the review is done in a couple of days or so, I'll then look into posting ending screens for Super Baseball 2020, Powermonger, and Centurion.
    Hey, does that mean you beat Centurion? If so, excellent, I'll mark it down!

Regarding the Premier Manager games, can they even be beaten? I don't know about that series in particular, but all those soccer team management simulations I know of (they were a subgenre of their own, at least in England and Germany) don't really have any kind of "endgame" - most just let you play on endlessly, because if you won the championship one year, that doesn't mean you do so again the next season (just like in real life - usually). Managing to advance your team from the lowest division up to winning the Premier League Championship for the first time may be considered to be the goal of the game for most players, but still, the game carries on regardless after the fact.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

After you win the Premier League you get the chance to manage/train the English national team. So I would assume that you have to win the World Cup to have the game "beaten".

Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner View Post
    007 The Duel is a turd. I hate the controls. Has anyone else ever played this game?
    I beat it several years ago (probably in 2008). Imo the game is mediocre but not bad (btw. I'm not a James Bond fan). I didn't like the graphics; at times you have to proceed tactically which was kind of interesting.

After beating Rent A Hero, I returned to playing James Pond 3. It's going well .

Im still working on Lunar Eternal Blue

Comrade as in friend. Master of Shinobi ComradeOj's Avatar

I've been trying to tackle kid chameleon for months. Last time, I got to this stupid pyramid shaped level where you have to smash certain blocks in order to get certain power-ups to progress. If you smash the wrong block at the wrong time, or lose the power-up, you're screwed.

Just had to vent my frustrations. I'm going to see what else is on the list that needs to be beaten...
    Modded consoles:
    Master System (v7040) with s-video & direct AV out
    Model 1 with 10mhz overclock & halt switches
    Model 1 with 10mhz 68010
    Model 2 VA2.3 with unfiltered Mega Amp, & s-video
    Model 3 VA1 with compatibility fixes & s-video
    32X with s-video
    Visit my web site at www.mode5.net
    Or my collection of homebrew Genesis games, programs, and music on SEGA-16!

I'm progressing on James Pond 3. I found a route that lead back to previous stages, which is good. Now I can pick up anything I've missed if I need to. I've completed 67 stages of the game, which is about 2/3 of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe View Post
    I'm progressing on James Pond 3. I found a route that lead back to previous stages, which is good. Now I can pick up anything I've missed if I need to. I've completed 67 stages of the game, which is about 2/3 of it.
    Nice!

I beat James Pond 3, but I didn't get the best ending, only the second best. I destroyed all mines and stiltonium machines, and rescued all agents, but there were satellite pieces and lost treasures missing. I don't feel like vacuuming ~100 levels for them, but if anyone can help me find them I'll pick up the game again.

Cool! Unless it has a clear bad-ending vibe, like this infamous Rolo to the Rescue ending, then it should count. Given that you describe it as the "second-best" ending, I'm guessing it's good enough.

EDIT: OK, this is the bad ending. Is this the best ending, or the second-best one? Comments below the video make it sound like there's another one where the villain starts quoting Darth Vader.
    Last edited by goldenband; 02-11-2015 at 01:37 PM.

Thread Information