Quantcast

Page 51 of 60 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Sega-16 Beat the Last of the Genesis, Sega CD, & 32X Libraries in 2018

One thing I always wondered is: Why is Thomas the Tank Engine unbeatable? I don't own the game (yet) but what I found on the net is this:

Quote:

"Game

To find the correct rolling stock and take them to the designated station (any station in easy mode). Once complete, the Fat Controller will make a comment on speed and memory, and a score will be tallied.

Rolling stock include flat trucks, mine trucks (Troublesome Trucks), log trucks, gravel trucks (also Troublesome Trucks), passenger trucks (Annie) and flat trucks having a shape of varying quantity or colour.

Stations include Cronk, Barrow, Crewe, Knapford, Dryaw, Maron, Elsbridge, Shiloh, Brendam, etc.

If the job is finished in 0 or 1 minute, Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon or James will congratulate you and tell you Sir Topham Hatt wants to see you.
    Race

Race to the finish line before the other engine reaches it, the player must keep up with his skills and speed (For example, get the up arrow hot air balloons and candy. But watch out the mud, down arrow hot air balloons and other engines).

The first race is against Toby, the second race is against Percy, the third race is against Duck, the fourth race is against James, and the fifth race is against Thomas. (The characters often switch around depending on the engine the player chooses at the start)

Winning against three engines will give the player a silver medal and winning against all five will give the player a gold medal and end the game."

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure...(Sega_Genesis)

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Huh, that's news to me. I know nothing about the game and can only go by what I'm told (or the consensus thereof).

So, wanna take care of it?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    Huh, that's news to me. I know nothing about the game and can only go by what I'm told (or the consensus thereof).

So, wanna take care of it?
    I am going to buy it this month and then I'll clear it off the list.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Brock Landers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    One thing I always wondered is: Why is Thomas the Tank Engine unbeatable? I don't own the game (yet) but what I found on the net is this:

Quote:

"Game

To find the correct rolling stock and take them to the designated station (any station in easy mode). Once complete, the Fat Controller will make a comment on speed and memory, and a score will be tallied.

Rolling stock include flat trucks, mine trucks (Troublesome Trucks), log trucks, gravel trucks (also Troublesome Trucks), passenger trucks (Annie) and flat trucks having a shape of varying quantity or colour.

Stations include Cronk, Barrow, Crewe, Knapford, Dryaw, Maron, Elsbridge, Shiloh, Brendam, etc.

If the job is finished in 0 or 1 minute, Thomas, Edward, Henry, Gordon or James will congratulate you and tell you Sir Topham Hatt wants to see you.
    Race

Race to the finish line before the other engine reaches it, the player must keep up with his skills and speed (For example, get the up arrow hot air balloons and candy. But watch out the mud, down arrow hot air balloons and other engines).

The first race is against Toby, the second race is against Percy, the third race is against Duck, the fourth race is against James, and the fifth race is against Thomas. (The characters often switch around depending on the engine the player chooses at the start)

Winning against three engines will give the player a silver medal and winning against all five will give the player a gold medal and end the game."

http://ttte.wikia.com/wiki/Adventure...(Sega_Genesis)
    Interesting. For the SNES version I had just required a loop of the mini-games, but I wonder if it works the same way there too

CORD NAME: BLACK-FIRE Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Goati's Avatar

Guys I have beaten both Cannon Fodder(!) and Dashin' Desperadoes, I want to make a bit of a detailed writeup when I feel like but I should let it known by now so that people don't happen to pick them up because they aren't beaten yet.
    Since 2014, I livestream a show called Mega Marathon here www.twitch.tv/goati_ and it's about beating every single MD game, all regions, homebrews, unreleased, etc., while being informative.
    With a 68000 heart on fire.

^Added to the list! Congrats, Goati, and thanks for taking down these two tough customers. Only 2 remaining until we hit 50 Genesis games left -- or 10 PAL-exclusive games left!

Death Adder's minion

This thread is the reason I originally signed up for this site like 4 or 5 years ago, would of loved to have been more engaged but life keeps getting in the way, great to see the community is still whittling the list down. I'm surprised to see Xenon 2 has not been beaten yet! I will give that one a crack tomorrow if my day stays as free as I'm hoping, it's a game I quite enjoy even if the MD version only has a disappointing 4 levels. I remember doing a couple of loops of the SMS version years ago, think that had 6 levels but the bosses repeated, if I remember correctly the MD version has a unique boss for each level.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One RvR's Avatar

Xenon 2 was one of my favorite original Gameboy games. I sucked at it though and never got past level 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    This thread is the reason I originally signed up for this site like 4 or 5 years ago, would of loved to have been more engaged but life keeps getting in the way, great to see the community is still whittling the list down. I'm surprised to see Xenon 2 has not been beaten yet! I will give that one a crack tomorrow if my day stays as free as I'm hoping, it's a game I quite enjoy even if the MD version only has a disappointing 4 levels. I remember doing a couple of loops of the SMS version years ago, think that had 6 levels but the bosses repeated, if I remember correctly the MD version has a unique boss for each level.
    If you're able to take Xenon 2 on that'd be fantastic! Any and all contributions are extremely welcome. Thanks for popping back in to the thread, and for being interested in this project.

Inspired by things heating back up a bit in this thread, I decided to take a look at HardBall III.

The way the game works, it essentially allows you to edit everything and simulate everything; the only constraint is that you have to play out the games of any team you own. But you can wait to buy a team until the World Championships, and simulate everything up to that point (!).

I tried never even buying a team and instead simulating the whole season, and I actually got a "VICTORY!" screen for the winning team anyway. I strongly suspect that, in this kind of management-oriented game, I'll get that exact same screen no matter what -- whether I play a 162-game season out manually, or simulate a short 13-game schedule as I did.

That said, simulating a season and getting a win screen without actually doing anything seems like a step too far. So what I think I'll do is sim everything up to the WCs, then buy one of the two teams and win the championship manually (i.e. by actually playing baseball). Does that sound reasonable to folks?

It's amusing that a game where you can get a victory screen by doing literally nothing is still on the unbeaten list.

Death Adder's minion

xenon2won.jpg
    So Xenon 2:Megablast has been uhh.... Megablasted? Yeah that'll do.
    I've always enjoyed this game from when I got the SMS version so many years ago, purchased the MD one last year and played through, was great to play through again. Didn't manage to 1cc, had to continue in the last stage (Um does this still count for the challenge?) I love how powerful and big your ship gets in this game. Most shmups give you great fire power but with the exception of options usually your ship always stays the same. Not in this, you end up looking and feeling powerful, and the developers wisely chose to not have a hit box on all those extras.

Edit: Having a look at the list of games left, the only ones I own are Lemmings, The Punisher, Asterix and the Power of the Gods and Man Overboard. I don't like my chances with any of these but will give some a try when able!
    Last edited by Hades; 03-06-2018 at 10:18 PM.

Awesome, Hades! BTW your attachment didn't come through, thanks to Sega-16's quirky (to put it politely) attachment system; there's a guide to making it work in post #3 of this thread.

Only 11 PAL games left! And some of those are platformers, albeit tricky ones. Still, getting closer...

Death Adder's minion

Ah cool thanks for letting me know, I think I have fixed it?

Fixed! I was tinkering with Man Overboard, but if that one grabs your fancy go for it; also note that The Punisher would need to be beaten on Expert. It'd be awfully nice to see one of the Lemmings games fall...

Hey guys,

thought I ought to post an update regarding ISS DeLuxe. I had my phone stolen a couple of weeks ago and in it were the pics of my passwords. Since they weren't automatically uploaded to Onedrive, I had to start the world series all over again.

That said, simulating a season and getting a win screen without actually doing anything seems like a step too far. So what I think I'll do is sim everything up to the WCs, then buy one of the two teams and win the championship manually (i.e. by actually playing baseball). Does that sound reasonable to folks?
    It certainly sounds good to me, especially given the weird nature of this game.

Also, congrats for beating Xenon 2 Hades. It's good to have you aboard.

Thread Information