Quantcast

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859

Thread: Can Sega-16 Beat the Last of the Genesis, Sega CD, & 32X Libraries in 2018

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Thank you, Goati!! That brings us to just 35 Genesis games left to beat -- and only one game away from the milestone of 95% completion of the NTSC-U Genesis library.

Regarding the remaining NTSC games:
    Is John Madden Football 93 CE really a distinct game or just a roster swap of John Madden Football 93 like NHL/Elitserien or Sensible Soccer/International Sensible Soccer LE?

MiG-29 is done!
    I dreaded tackling this game because of the complicated controls and ugly 3-D-graphics. However after I got a handle on the controls MiG-29 turned out to be quite addictive.
    This game is a more realistic flight simulator and I liked it overall better than EA's F-22 Interceptor.

Scores:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Seingalt View Post
    MiG-29 is done!
    I dreaded tackling this game because of the complicated controls and ugly 3-D-graphics. However after I got a handle on the controls MiG-29 turned out to be quite addictive.
    This game is a more realistic flight simulator and I liked it overall better than EA's F-22 Interceptor.
    Fantastic! I kept meaning to sit down with this one but every time I tried, the complicated controls put me off. I quite enjoyed LHX Attack Chopper, though, so I hoped that it would be worthwhile once I got past the controls. Glad to hear it is.

And: that brings us past the 95% completion mark on the Genesis list! We're really starting to get close to that goal line, though there's a row of seven linebackers standing in our way who still need to be overcome.

EDIT: BTW, I don't know the deal with Madden '93 CE, but short of disassembling the ROM it's hard to say.
    Last edited by goldenband; 05-21-2019 at 12:19 PM.

I just saw that Samurai Shodown on SCD is still on the list. I've beaten this half a year ago with every single character. I didn't like it as much as the Genesis version though. Mainly because there are very limited continues and that is something I totally hate in fighting games.

^Nice to see some motion on the Sega CD front! Agreed that limited continues in fighting games are a drag.

I take it you didn't encounter the alleged game-crashing bug at the end -- and given that you beat it with every character and presumably still didn't get that crash, I'm left wondering if the bug is a complete urban legend.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    ^Nice to see some motion on the Sega CD front! Agreed that limited continues in fighting games are a drag.

I take it you didn't encounter the alleged game-crashing bug at the end -- and given that you beat it with every character and presumably still didn't get that crash, I'm left wondering if the bug is a complete urban legend.
    No it didn't crashed. Not even once. Can you tell me more about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    No it didn't crashed. Not even once. Can you tell me more about it?
    I've never seen it myself, but a ton of sources claim that the game has a habit of crashing at the final boss. Problem is, no one seems to be able to verify that it actually happened to them! It seems to be a "well-known fact" for which we have no actual evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenband View Post
    I've never seen it myself, but a ton of sources claim that the game has a habit of crashing at the final boss. Problem is, no one seems to be able to verify that it actually happened to them! It seems to be a "well-known fact" for which we have no actual evidence.
    Funny thing: Last week I played the Neo Geo version as a reproduction on my Dreamcast. I cleared that one with all characters too and one time while I played with Nakoruru while beginning the final bout against Amakusa the screen suddenly turned black. The game itself continued but the screen stayed black and I was forced to switch off the Dreamcast. That sounds exactly like what you are describing but I thought it happened because I played a Neo Geo game emulated on DC where its normal that some issues can occur. It didn't happen again and no I haven't experienced this on the Sega CD playing my original release.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Goati View Post
    Shoot a single civilian at any time and you have to redo the stage once you finish it.
    I tried Lethal Enforcers a few times, and this aspect of the game was very frustrating for me. It's annoying that they couldn't at least add a less good ending so you can continue to experience the later stages if you do shoot any civilians.

Thread Information