Quantcast

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Problem contacting modder, idk what to do

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

Should we make this known elsewhere? So this can't happen to anyone else?

Even IF (a big if) he really is out of town/unavailable, his lack of any communication makes him an utter failure. It's Rule #1
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

@nieds16 I remember that thread. I was interested at the time but eventually you came back and said the deal wasn't going to happen so I just never posted in it. Now I'm more than happy with internal modification which can be done for the price of a good scart cable. I know some would rather have an external box like that though. Or a cord like the one that just got kickstarted. It's good to have options.

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    Should we make this known elsewhere? So this can't happen to anyone else?

Even IF (a big if) he really is out of town/unavailable, his lack of any communication makes him an utter failure. It's Rule #1
    Yeah. Anything less than hospitalization in a condition unable to talk or send a text message, which I wouldn't wish on anyone, and I would say his modding buisiness is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalphenos View Post
    @nieds16 I remember that thread. I was interested at the time but eventually you came back and said the deal wasn't going to happen so I just never posted in it. Now I'm more than happy with internal modification which can be done for the price of a good scart cable. I know some would rather have an external box like that though. Or a cord like the one that just got kickstarted. It's good to have options.
    The issue with doing a internal mod, for one, is systems fail. For those of us like me that just don't truly understand what's going on under the hood I think it's a better alternative to have an external device. I play off a CDX aIt's easier and cheaper to replace and no modder that I've found even wants to touch the things because of how tight everything is inside. Also, for people doing mods they want to be paid for their time. When the mod costs me 5 times what the parts do, an external system is better. I get that a business is a business to make money, not to give out hand outs. I just don't see the utility. I sent a genesis and 32x out to get neptunized. The guy who was starting a modding service broke it and didn't replace the stuff so my trust factor is down. As for me doing it personally, I just don't have the know-how or the balls to take a $150 machine and risk breaking it when there's an external solution. I'm also a visual learner and want a step-by-step video to feel I'm doing the right thing. The number of clear and complete videos out there are minimal. Then you throw in that mods are possible on some revisions, not on others, or have to be modified for a particular revision gets my head spinning.

Hero of Algol

The major advantage of external boxes is that you can use them with several other consoles and not only for the Mega Drive like the internal one.

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    What would be the best scart to component converter for $100 max?
    No idea how these are going to turn out, but you might want to contact the creators and see if you can still get one from the 1st run. I cannot speak on quality, but this would be the cheapest option available. I don't think it can be much worse than the common one on ebay and at about half the cost when you consider the SCART cable you also need.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=category#

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    The major advantage of external boxes is that you can use them with several other consoles and not only for the Mega Drive like the internal one.
    GREAT point I totally forgot to mention.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Um, the guy you don't think is him, you might as well try. Never hurts. I messaged some guy on facebook who happens to have the same name of an author of a site I like on facebook, and he was like no I am not him but I get messages every so often.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty happy with a cheapo HMDI converter like this one (see vid below, skip to minute 10:50); as long as one has the scart cables, and a scart switcher (for multiple consoles) then its all good. It's even compatible with my low res. SMS system (something my scart to component converter couldn't handle), Also converts PAL to NTSC on the go.

Last edited by Segaedge; 01-12-2015 at 12:30 AM.

No reply from the guy yet,i asked him about modding my sega cd,if he was a true scammer he would have jumped at the chance of getting a free sega cd.

First of all, I'm not going to tell how zetastrike should act or feel about this, since it's his stuff that's on the line here.

But honestly, I think something really bad must have happened to this guy ( or his family IDK ), since he looks like somebody that takes his work very seriously and Murphy245's post pretty much confirms that he's not a scammer.

Also, I don't know why some people can't act with a little more class and refrain from cheap-shooting the guy's work and such for no good reason, taking advantage of the fact that he's not here to defend himself.
    Last edited by Bottino; 01-13-2015 at 10:47 AM.
    [ QCF, HCB + K ]

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy245 View Post
    No reply from the guy yet,i asked him about modding my sega cd,if he was a true scammer he would have jumped at the chance of getting a free sega cd.
    You do realize that he is a member of this forum?

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/member....athodeRayTubes

That was a good idea but I would not have posted my intentions on a public forum. Sherlock Holmes, Jessica Fletcher, cockeyed Columbo, & Penny (from Inspector Gadget) would be disappointed.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Bottino View Post
    Murphy245's post pretty much confirms that he's not a scammer.
    Honestly that's a bit short sighted. I'm not saying the guy is or isn't a scammer but Murphy's post could just as easily prove that he's smart enough to lay low for a while, and\or is aware of this thread since Murphy posted his intentions before he emailed him.

Also, I don't know why some people can't act with a little more class and refrain from cheap-shooting the guy's work and such for no good reason, taking advantage of the fact that he's not here to defend himself.
    I understand what you mean. And it seems to be too easy to jump on the "lets get this scammer" bandwagon when something like this happens. My first gut instinct was that something had happened to him as well. Since it looks like he was trying to get a modding business started up. That said I really only think one person took a cheap shot and it was very short lived. So far I think people are handling this pretty well. Everyone seems pretty open minded about it so far.

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

At this point, I'm just going to let my consoles go and try to get a chargeback. This guy isn't getting back to me, so there's really nothing I can do. They're only game consoles, nothing that can't be replaced.

I just hope that if this guy really is a scammer (we may never know) he gets held accountable. If he isn't, I hope he can straighten out whatever has gone wrong.

I'm not registered on too many other boards, but if anyone sees him show up anywhere else in the future, let me know.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

He doesn't seem like a bad guy from the sounds of it to me. If he is alive and has the samemental and physical capabilities when he finally surfaces I would say he will go out of his way to make it right. Then again, that is what somebody who is genuine would do and there are scammers out there. The profile on this one just doesn't make it sound that way.

Quote Originally Posted by nieds16 View Post
    The issue with doing a internal mod, for one, is systems fail. For those of us like me that just don't truly understand what's going on under the hood I think it's a better alternative to have an external device. I play off a CDX aIt's easier and cheaper to replace and no modder that I've found even wants to touch the things because of how tight everything is inside. Also, for people doing mods they want to be paid for their time. When the mod costs me 5 times what the parts do, an external system is better. I get that a business is a business to make money, not to give out hand outs. I just don't see the utility. I sent a genesis and 32x out to get neptunized. The guy who was starting a modding service broke it and didn't replace the stuff so my trust factor is down. As for me doing it personally, I just don't have the know-how or the balls to take a $150 machine and risk breaking it when there's an external solution. I'm also a visual learner and want a step-by-step video to feel I'm doing the right thing. The number of clear and complete videos out there are minimal. Then you throw in that mods are possible on some revisions, not on others, or have to be modified for a particular revision gets my head spinning.
    Excellent point, and I'm someone who is not fond of tinkering with console internals. Yet I've had most of them modded internally in some way. It's unavoidable. There was no way to get higher level video out of Atari, Coleco, NES, or N64 systems without doing that. To date, the only system which got an external device that I had modded was the TG-16 (too late for me). I guess if something were to break on the console, I'd have to get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I have both! Internal mods, and the RGB systems use SCART cables, with one pro upscaler converting to HDMI.

Quote Originally Posted by nieds16 View Post
    No idea how these are going to turn out, but you might want to contact the creators and see if you can still get one from the 1st run. I cannot speak on quality, but this would be the cheapest option available. I don't think it can be much worse than the common one on ebay and at about half the cost when you consider the SCART cable you also need.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=category#
    They will be selling them once production gets going, there will be plenty to go around.

Quote Originally Posted by Segaedge View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm pretty happy with a cheapo HMDI converter like this one (see vid below, skip to minute 10:50); as long as one has the scart cables, and a scart switcher (for multiple consoles) then its all good. It's even compatible with my low res. SMS system (something my scart to component converter couldn't handle), Also converts PAL to NTSC on the go.
    Cheap-O HDMI is tricky. Some just don't look that good. I couldn't use these because they all stretch to 16:9 and my TV will not force 4:3 on an HDMI input.

First of all, I'm not going to tell how zetastrike should act or feel about this, since it's his stuff that's on the line here.

But honestly, I think something really bad must have happened to this guy ( or his family IDK ), since he looks like somebody that takes his work very seriously and Murphy245's post pretty much confirms that he's not a scammer.

I've seen so many sellers/modders lately, who have serviced the community well for years, suddenly vanish with people's money. Sometimes it is a health or family problem. In one case a guy went to jail for awhile. Regardless, when someone has issues, the last thing they are going to do is make good on stuff like this.

Thread Information