Quantcast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defenders of Oasis !!

NGPC Defenders of Oasis !!

I have incredibly fond and nostalgic memories of this game. I first played it in the 7th grade , I fell in love with it, I burned through many AA batteries since i did not have a charger.

Eventually is was too expensive to keep playing i returned both GG and game to their respective owners.

Are there any other RpGs for the system????
    Last edited by RPGbandit; 02-09-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

You mean Defenders of Oasis . Yes there are others but most stayed in Japan I think. If you like Strategy RPGs the Shining Forces and Royal Stone are excelent. There's also a Lunar game I haven't played and at least 1 more RPG. Then there are Sylvan Tale and Tails Adventures which are also very good.
    Last edited by Kamahl; 02-09-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

oops yup, defenders.

Sylvan tale is more action adventure. the shining force games i enjoy on the sega cd . I am only interested in English versions. i will check out tails adventures
    This image is too large and exceeds forum specifications. Please reduce it if you want to continue to use it.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RPGbandit View Post
    tails adventures
    It's also action adventure, but I like it a lot. One of the best GG games.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

There's also Phantasy Star Gaiden, which has been fan translated. But I'm not sure it's any good... Don't confuse it with Phantasy Star Adventure, which is the text adventure PS game for the GG.

WCPO Agent

PS Gaiden is pretty poor (original PS is so much better).

I've heard good things from Golden Axe Warrior.

Golden Axe Warrior is good is PS Gaiden a traditional RPG? Gaiden means Side Story is it a completely new story?

WCPO Agent

It doesn't take place in Algol and there's no Dark Force (hence the gaiden), but you can meet Alisa (though she's older than in the 1st episode, has purple hair, and has nothing to do outside of Algol, but the game states she's the same person, and there are dialogs in Phantasy Star Generations 2 that seems to be related with PS Gaiden).

It's a traditional RPG.

Merican release? -either way I'm on board and I want it

Quote Originally Posted by tryphon View Post
    I've heard good things from Golden Axe Warrior.
    Sorry there is no such game for Game Gear. Maybe you confused it with Ax Battler or you mean the Master System?

GameGear RPGs
    English releases: Defenders of Oasis (RPG), Crystal Warriors (SRPG), Shining Force Sword of Haiya (SRPG), Ax Battler (hybrid - think Zelda 2), Dragon Crystal (Rogue-Like), Wonder Boy - Dragon's Trap (ARPG)
    Fan Translated: Head Buster (SRPG), Magic School Lunar (RPG), Madou Monogatari (Puyo Pop Dungeon Crawler), Phantasy Star Gaiden (RPG), Royal Stone (SRPG sequal to Crystal Warriors), SD Gundam: Winner's History (SRPG), Shining Force: Final Conflict (SRPG), Sylvan Tale (Action RPG)

Personally I grew up with Defenders of Oasis and loved it. That and Shining Force are really the best of the US library, and Shining Force was better remade on the Sega CD. I always wanted Crystal Warriors, but it's not as great as 10 year old me had imagined. There's some good stuff on the translated front, Royal Stone and Final Conflict are excellent. I've been playing Lunar lately, it's weird at first but seems to be an excellent title as well. You start off on an abandoned island with very little instruction on where to go: and there's a ton of buildings to explore with nothing in them. Once you get past the awkward and boring introduction phase the story picks up and things get silly/fun.
    Last edited by Daria; 02-10-2015 at 04:12 PM.
    556 552 557 279 725

wow , very informative post. I always thought that GG was a barren wasteland for all things role playing except for Oasis , I wanna play PSgaiden first though. Im a sucker for little known traditional rpgs

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    It's also action adventure, but I like it a lot. One of the best GG games.
    So I looked into Tail's Adventure, and it looks amazing. Sort of a Metroid/Vania type game. Not much of an RPG though. But still a cool platformer I'd wish I'd had as a kid (instead of Chakan or Dracula at least. Eeech.
    556 552 557 279 725

Road Rasher

I always wished there were GG->MCD games rather than just SFCD. So many awesome RPGs on the GG!!! SEGA made so many great RPGs on the 'Gear and all but ignored the MD/MCD (even the "MEGA Roleplay Project" did not produce enough!) and even the Saturn. I REALLY wish that Sylvain Tale, Defenders of Oasis, Ariel and a few others had been on CD. I ESPECIALLY wish that Phantasy Star Gaiden and Tail's Adventure had been remade on the MCD or Saturn. I will never forgive SEGA for no new Phantasy Star on the Saturn!

Ooops, I forgot about Golden Axe Densetsu!! I wish that had a 16-BIT version, much like Golden Axe Warrior.
    Last edited by SegaSonic91; 04-18-2015 at 10:22 AM.

WCPO Agent

Why CD ? Isn't MD sufficient to hadle them ?

Thread Information