Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Classic Game Room reviews the Sega SG-1000 MK II

Lord of the Obscure Wildside Expert LordGeo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SEGA.GENESIS1989 View Post
    I pondered on this question quite some time ago and the reason I came up with is simple: They are doing it because they are fans of the show. They simply enjoy his content. Mohamed from Qatar, Felicity from Worcestershire, etc. are all fans of the show. Within the gaming community, you rarely see people behaving in an altruistic fashion. Instead most Youtube gaming videos tend to be self-centred, devolving in a "show & tell" sort of atmosphere: "Look at me, look what I have, this game is rare!"

It's nice to see a few people buck the trend of hoarding and instead donate games to someone who they know will enjoy them. After all, they are recieving his content for free and it's a way for them to showing their appreciation for the level of enjoyment his show provides.
    That's more or less why I donated stuff to CGR. I'm a fan of the show, and I knew that the stuff that I donated will have a very good home. In terms of some stuff that I donated that has since been reviewed on the show, there's Frogger & Final Zone on the Genesis, ExciteBots for Wii, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Dreamcast, & the Fairchild Channel F System II; CGRundertow did one or two games, too. In fact, Mark got the Fairchild working better than I ever could, proving that it's better with CGR than it ever was with me (though I couldn't find out how to fix the busted controller, either); just seeing it in every episode that features the giant CRT TV makes me happy, since it's right there alongside the Famicom (I didn't send that, though).

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
    I think years of fighting a long over console war have left a lot of Sega fans kind of bitter and defensive.
    A lot? There's ~20-30 of us logged in here at any given time, out of 7,800 total members. 30 is not even 1% of the total. Even if all 7,800 members were logged in all the time, that's still 392,200 away from being 1% of all Genesis owners. If every other side of the internet is nothing but loud minorities, this side's no different.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    A lot? There's ~20-30 of us logged in here at any given time, out of 7,800 total members. 30 is not even 1% of the total. Even if all 7,800 members were logged in all the time, that's still 392,200 away from being 1% of all Genesis owners. If every other side of the internet is nothing but loud minorities, this side's no different.
    Yeah, I know that of course. I was just venting.

I wasn't trying to generalize all Sega fans. It was a criticism mainly leveled at the active community.

Thread Information