Quantcast

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Classic Game Room reviews the Sega SG-1000 MK II

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Default Classic Game Room reviews the Sega SG-1000 MK II

It sort of reminds me of the graphics and sound of the Colecovision.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

He doesn't know the difference between the SG-1000 II and the Mk III.....

Somehow I'm not surprised.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

I don't expect everyone to know about the Mark II and Mark III. Yeah, MK III is pretty much the Master System
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    He doesn't know the difference between the SG-1000 II and the Mk III.....

Somehow I'm not surprised.
    I noticed that as well. Hopefully he just used the wrong choice of words.

Raging in the Streets goldenband's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    It sort of reminds me of the graphics and sound of the Colecovision.
    The architecture is pretty much identical, yeah. Lots of ports between the two have been done, though the CV BIOS and certain SG-1000 timing issues have occasionally gotten in the way (I think a Hang-On II port to CV was shelved for that reason).

BTW the Mark III will have the dark/messed-up color palette, so if he plays SG-1000 games on both the difference should become apparent very quickly. See the bottom of this post for an example.

Jeeze, now we'll have even more people calling the SG-1000 II a "Mark Two" and confused about the fact that the Mark III is an entirely different platform.

Knowing what you're talking about isn't a qualification needed for anointing oneself as a game journalist, no doubt.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Teehee! It happens. Mark is bound to make mistakes. After all, he just recieved both systems in the mail! The nice thing about Youtube is that he can easily rectify the error by correcting his early statement with captions or filming another video. He's done this in the past.

Since we're on th topic of CGR, I would just like to give Bussler some kudos. As of late, he is alot more communicative than he was early on. For example, he recently took the time to participate in a question and answer session via Skype with some of the smaller gaming channels. It was nice of him to do that. As expected, he was the same jovial guy that we see in his videos.
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

I don't expect everyone to know about the Mark II and Mark III. Yeah, MK III is pretty much the Master System
    Because it's not like he could go to wikipedia before hitting the record button.

When your viewers are so up your ass, you don't really have to be good or try anymore.
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.

Because it's not like he could go to wikipedia before hitting the record button.

When your viewers are so up your ass, you don't really have to be good or try anymore.
    He does not take his reviews seriously. That's part of his shtick. He'll tell you what he likes about a game, or system, and he'll usually have some dry humor thrown in there to shake things up a little.

Lord of the Obscure Wildside Expert LordGeo's Avatar

He does not take his reviews seriously. That's part of his shtick. He'll tell you what he likes about a game, or system, and he'll usually have some dry humor thrown in there to shake things up a little.
    Exactly. Plus, when Mark reviews the Mark III he'll likely properly describe it as the Japanese version of the Master System (which it technically is), and likely apologize for the mistake in the SG-1000 II review; he's done stuff like that in other reviews before.

Are they the same channel with this name which reviews games since early 2000's?
    If so, I never liked their reviews, but at least this one is better than their average.

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

And they really are up his ass.
    Heaven forbid he gets any criticism. His minions will jump to his defense faster than a scalded haint. (I don't know what a "haint" is, but apparently a scalded one can run really fast!)
    Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

Raging in the Streets

Who really cares if he knows what a Mark III is though.

I'm sure most people on the internet, especially in this community just look for reasons to get all pissy at stuff, even if a quick google search would of done the trick.

Super Robot Raging in the Streets Obviously's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    Who really cares if he knows what a Mark III is though.

I'm sure most people on the internet, especially in this community just look for reasons to get all pissy at stuff, even if a quick google search would of done the trick.
    I think years of fighting a long over console war have left a lot of Sega fans kind of bitter and defensive. I love you guys but seriously, sometimes you go looking for trouble and even tear down your allies for the hell of it.

I agree it's an embarrassing thing for a Sega fan to not know about the Mark III, especially if you're making a show on the Internet.

Maybe though there's something to be said for him not looking up information about something he didn't know about on Wikipedia and giving a true first impression unspoiled by outside information?

Quote Originally Posted by Obviously View Post
    I think years of fighting a long over console war have left a lot of Sega fans kind of bitter and defensive. I love you guys but seriously, sometimes you go looking for trouble and even tear down your allies for the hell of it.

I agree it's an embarrassing thing for a Sega fan to not know about the Mark III, especially if you're making a show on the Internet.

Maybe though there's something to be said for him not looking up information about something he didn't know about on Wikipedia and giving a true first impression unspoiled by outside information?
    Yeah, but still if you're the head of a prominent internet show, you should try to have an idea of what the things you're making videos about actually are. The information isn't difficult to find. I get the feeling of "Effort? Why do that when I can ramble about robot ninja clone nonsense and 80s movies during a game review?" His fans will eat up whatever he uploads. This happens to every big youtube personality eventually.

Some good things I can say about Mark are that he doesn't associate himself with the YT gaming "good ole boys club", comes across as likable (and not like some stupid nerd), and he doesn't have an axe to grind. But beyond that his videos are empty fluff.

Thread Information