Quantcast

Thread: Game Gear repair services ?

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

Game Gear repair services ?

So my Game Gear needs to have it's caps replaced , screen can only be viewed at a 45 degree angle. I was thinking of sending it to someone and have them put it in a new lcd screen and replacing all caps . Does anyone know of a service like this preferably in North America?
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

So's your old man! Raging in the Streets zetastrike's Avatar

Contact Bratwurst. He's a member here and on Atariage. He recapped my GG and replaced the CCFL backlight with a chain of LEDs. The result is fantastic. I don't believe he does LCD replacements, so if you absolutely have to have that, look elsewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Black Falcon
    Nope. Bloodlines is the problem, not me. I have no trouble with Super Castlevania IV (SNES) and Dracula X: Rondo of Blood (TCD), and have finished both games. Both of those are outstanding games, among the best platformers of the generation. In comparison Bloodlines is third or fourth tier.

No, it's unbiased analysis. The only fanboyism is people who claim that Hyperstone Heist and Bloodlines are actually as good as their SNES counterparts.
    My Collection: http://vgcollect.com/zetastrike

Master of Shinobi streetsofrage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    Contact Bratwurst. He's a member here and on Atariage. He recapped my GG and replaced the CCFL backlight with a chain of LEDs. The result is fantastic. I don't believe he does LCD replacements, so if you absolutely have to have that, look elsewhere.
    will do thanks!
    My Consoles: Nes(toaster), Nes (toploader), Snes, Sega Genesis 2x Model 1 (HD and Va7) , Genesis Model 2 ,Sega Cd model 2 (bois ver 2.00) ,Sega Saturn N64, PS1 , Xbox 1(modded running XMBC) , 2x Xbox360(2 jaspers)

My Handhelds: Sega Game Gear , Nintendo Ds, Sega Nomad

I can do it also if he is busy

Thread Information