Quantcast

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Final Fight CD Difficulty

I would like to retract my previous statement; this gave is seriously difficult. On easy, maximum lives, 100,000 points and every 200,000 points after extra lives, with the rapid punch enabled - I can not beat this game.

The furthest I seem to get is Belger the final boss, with all my lives and continues exhausted only to last seconds against that damn cross-bow. For fun I tried the first few stages on mania and I swear the difficulty is the same as easy.

I so badly just want that ending sequence - just once! I'm beginning to suspect that either each available difficultly setting was accidentally programmed as the same (hard) or everyone here that claims to have beaten this game is lying...

i've found its about crowd control and using the special when needed. it is better to attack and lose a bit of health then get hit and lose a lot. try to group the enemies on the same side or come in at angles. I don't have a strategy against the andores but for me distance works and coming in around them to throw.

Ugggggh - I JUST BEAT FINAL FIGHT CD!

... and it was tough. I honestly don't think I could do that again, every life counted down to the last fight.

Took me nearly an entire credit to drop this bastard - wish the falling sequence was about ten minutes longer, phew...
    Last edited by Lync; 03-28-2015 at 11:10 PM.

Nameless One

Congratulations on clearing the game.
    Regarding the difficulty levels: The western releases have been tuned. The Japanese version has one extra credit and seems to be a bit easier, mainly regarding enemy behaviour and/or damage they dish out. Maybe this was acchieved by just shifting the difficulty levels (so western normal is Japanese hard etc.) and thus the difference between easy, normal and hard is blurred so much they've become almost indistinguishable .

The Best Genesis Master of Shinobi GohanX's Avatar

I suggest looking up a 1cc video on Youtube. It will completely change how you play the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMA Death Adder
    Recently I sold the majority of my 32X games for a measly 18 bucks. With it, I bought some tacos. Definitely a more pleasing choice.

VA1LT CHIP ENABLED Master of Shinobi OverDrone's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FSR View Post
    Regarding the difficulty levels: The western releases have been tuned. The Japanese version has one extra credit and seems to be a bit easier, mainly regarding enemy behaviour and/or damage they dish out. Maybe this was acchieved by just shifting the difficulty levels (so western normal is Japanese hard etc.) and thus the difference between easy, normal and hard is blurred so much they've become almost indistinguishable.
    And here was me thinking my FF skills had improved. I couldn't beat the PAL version when I had it BITD, but since owning the Japanese release I managed to clear it on defaults. I'm nowhere near a 1CC though, without studying some videos and practicing like a maniac that probably won't be happening.

Hero of Algol

Rule of thumb is SOA would fuck up the difficulty of each and every game they touched supposedly to avoid sales being damaged by rental/to improve the replay value of the games.

Most of the time I think their changes were retard and they almost broken some games with stupid difficulty rampage.

I've got nothing against difficult games, but yeah, messing with something that's clearly been tuned a certain way in the original version is playing with fire. Of course, sometimes it works out like Konami switching to one hit kills in Contra Hard Corps (the life block system in the JP version is a little too generous IMO).

FF is hard enough anyway, so I'm happy to have the superior JP version with it's uncensored enemies, intro and extra graphics etc.

Road Rasher

I bought the JP version back in '93 when it was released to avoid the stupid censorship that was well known before it's release. I beat the game a couple of times but now, I find it much harder to finish. Old age creeping up on me??? ^^; I just finally burnt a copy with the improved colours, can't wait to try it. I seem to have a lot of trouble with hard games these days. I remember being much better at a lot of them than I am now!

Also, speaking of CAPCOM ports on the MD, Strider was bloody hard too! I still remember the day I finally beat it!

I've got the Japanese version of Strider and I'm having some difficulty clearing it on defaults. There's no continues, but it's the glitchtastic nature of the game that make 50% of my runs unpredictable and unnecessarily dangerous.

It's like the Skyrim of the Mega Drive.

Road Rasher

I have not played my PAL original or JP version for a very long time. I seem to recall that Strider is not one of the bilingual releases, is there a difference in difficulty or glitchyness?

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

I didn't notice any differences between the US and JP releases other than the fact that the JP version has a sample of Strider saying "huh" every time he attacks. Every. Single. Time. I can see why they took that out in the US version as it gets kind of annoying.

I can't say I've spent a lot of time with the JP version, though.

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by SegaSonic91 View Post
    I have not played my PAL original or JP version for a very long time. I seem to recall that Strider is not one of the bilingual releases, is there a difference in difficulty or glitchyness?
    According to a video on Niconico Douga, you have to suicide after defeating the metal dinosaur in the final stage, should you make it there without losing a life. Else the stage 1 boss wont reappear to carry Strider to the Grandmaster. Seems to have been fixed in the western release judging by gameplay videos (JP video was from real hardware, US longplay on Youtube was probably emulated, in case this is bug emulation related)

Road Rasher

Heh, that's a pretty bad bug! I wonder if it was rushed out in Japan? I have no idea what the time difference between the JP and PAL/US version was but obviously time was made to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    Rule of thumb is SOA would fuck up the difficulty of each and every game they touched supposedly to avoid sales being damaged by rental/to improve the replay value of the games.

Most of the time I think their changes were retard and they almost broken some games with stupid difficulty rampage.
    I'm pretty sure this was common when most games were coming from Japan to hear. Contra Hard Corps and Silhouette Mirage come to mind immediately. SoR1 and 2 weren't over the top in difficulty hell I found SoR 2 ended up being too easy. My biggest issue with FFCD was the confusing placement of the fire in Rolento's stage which seems to be sheer luck in terms of figure out the placement. If I stand right here I can sucker the enemies to get torched whoops they got me gotta find another way out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Thread Information