Quantcast

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Post a Pic of YOUR Gaming Room !

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

I was playing some Sega CD on my '27 TV and it almost looks as good as it does on my computer with an emulator (no bilters).
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Quote Originally Posted by lordofduct
    Quote Originally Posted by jmet
    Quote Originally Posted by lordofduct
    I would, but I can't at this moment... maybe on Friday evening after my party.
    Thank you so much for blessing us with an unprovoked comment and upon be questioned about it wasting our time further with a post saying you cannot post about it at this time but will later.

I am not sure whether it was meant to be an insult or not but being less vague might have cleared that up.
    I was being sarcastic... we all here are gaming nerds!

no insult was intended.
    My bad, I can be a testosterone filled jerk at times.

I think videogames look better on TVs... those old systems are made at a low res that your TV supports unlike your computer... most computers put out a minimum of like 800X600, if your lucky maybe 640X480.

The image of your game has to be scaled to that which looks really funky (why the pixels are so defined on your emulator)

For the longest time I had my computer use the Svideo out on my Geforce ti4200 so I could play movies and emulators.

Now I just have it hooked upto a HDTV and computer monitor nulled out

Das war der Hammer.

I dunno. I think hi res 2-D art is about the coolest thing. It' too bad you see so little of it. Games like the one pictured below should be more prevalent.

http://rigg.arrowsmash.com/mb/ikonbo...54;t=1356;st=0

Quote Originally Posted by Vicman
    I dunno. I think hi res 2-D art is about the coolest thing. It' too bad you see so little of it. Games like the one pictured below should be more prevalent.

http://rigg.arrowsmash.com/mb/ikonbo...54;t=1356;st=0

Yes but the genny and sort don't put out those resolutions is what I'm saying.

Das war der Hammer.

Oh I know, but why not enjoy the added enhancements of filters to improve image quality and try to get as close to hi-res 2-D art as possible? You can get a better image because of s-video cables instead of regular AV or RF, right? Well, why stop there is all I'm saying. Look at the two pictures below, one is using Genny-esque resolution, the other is in a higher resolution. Maybe I'm just the odd one out in this crazy lot at Sega-16 but I'd take the clearer/sharper looking visuals anyday of the week over the old muddy ones.

yes but when you have an emulator playing without filters (like the kid I was responding to was)... a genny hooked to a TV will look better then it as the TV puts out the same res.

On top of that the better cable connection you use to supply the color seperation parameters will jump the quality more.

A genny hooked upto an Amiga Monitor via RGB is my favorite consideration of video quality for the genny.

Grrr, I want to start working on that RPG I was planning again. Damn it I need artists...

Das war der Hammer.

What kind of artists do you need, lordofduct?

"I dunno. I think hi res 2-D art is about the coolest thing. It' too bad you see so little of it. Games like the one pictured below should be more prevalent. "

I agree, in some ways. The current systems (PS2), for example, have the power to do such beautiful things. The games might even be cheaper...

the chances of them greenlighting a 2D game though are slim to none... they happen every once in awhile (and look sick as all hell! I remember this one war game that came out early on the PS2, you took control of a tank or some shizzy, the battles were 3D and very nice looking but the rest was all in 2D and looked gorgeous... on top of that the game was HIGHLY addicting. Its a shaim I can't remember the name of it, it was like 3 years ago me and my old flatmate played it... wow that was long).

Oh my, a great game though that was a 2d/3d game (all 3d art but 2d gameplay) was Contra Shattered Soldier... I don't know why this game got so much flack. It was AWESOME good ol' Contra fun! I was addicted and mastered that freakin' game... A rank and all!

I think RPGs really are the only thing left that still do 2d... and not often... and everyone swamps on them "ah that looks like the SNES"

NO, I don't see the SNES handling that many sprites on screen and those humongous images... stupid tards.

Das war der Hammer.

Well I took a pic of my new gaming room... kinda fuzzy though cause the camera REALLY sucks

Das war der Hammer.

100% Pure Robot! Nameless One ROBOTRON's Avatar

I have a Genesis/with a Master System converter, Segs Saturn, Dreamcast. Plus a few other systems.

Fight Like A ROBOT!!!

"Plus a few other systems" A few?! I see an NES, N64, NGC, PS1, PS2, TG-16, Atari 2600, Xbox, a box full of gaming crap with who knows what, and you have a fricken NEO GEO AES!

100% Pure Robot! Nameless One ROBOTRON's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vicman
    "Plus a few other systems" A few?! I see an NES, N64, NGC, PS1, PS2, TG-16, Atari 2600, Xbox, a box full of gaming crap with who knows what, and you have a fricken NEO GEO AES!
    INDEED!!!

I have almost 50 carts for it.

Fight Like A ROBOT!!!

Uroko Sakanabito Wildside Expert danielscheil's Avatar

Thread Information