Quantcast

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures prototype sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    So you are the Sega-16 member who has been working with the Factor 5 guys all this time to get this game released?

Well, kind of expected it actually.

I don't know if the deal you are doing with retrospiel is further allowing this or not, but I'd like to see some videos regarding how Factor 5 sorted out the 3D-esque sections of the game on the Mega Drive like the mountain raft and the plane flight.
    I'm free to post vids and pics, so that's not an issue. I will have to wait until next week though. The game is hard as balls, and I'm extremely busy until the 26th. I can post some videos of the rolling ball at the beginning of the game. That shouldn't be much trouble.

Death Adder's minion DrKingSchultz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    I'm free to post vids and pics, so that's not an issue. I will have to wait until next week though. The game is hard as balls, and I'm extremely busy until the 26th. I can post some videos of the rolling ball at the beginning of the game. That shouldn't be much trouble.
    Repped, looking forward to this update, thank you!

Thank you.

Please, see if you can also post some pics of the introductory logos/copyrights, especially the U.S. Gold logos and references since these are probably going to be removed from the release that it's being planned.

Feel free to post some specific questions regarding the game in this thread, and I'll do my best to answer them.

I will have a lot of free time to myself starting 6/26, so I can update the thread with screen shots, videos, etc. I will say that graphically, the game is extraordinary. The game play is somewhat lacking, but not a dud by any stretch. It's well worth a play through for sure.

Edit for now!
    Look forward to it. Gameplay wise the SNES game was not much fun either. Very tough, frustrating at times. I beat it on the normal mode, but there was supposedly a better ending on hard. I couldn't get past the last skeleton boss though.

PS: Can't remember, but did Factor 5 say why this game wasn't released?

Nameless One

If you get stuck there's a level skip;

Pause
    Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, A, B, and C
    Unpause

Also some level passwords in the Sega Pro guide. We don't have a good picture of the title screen, so it would be helpful if you could capture one.

Screenshots or Videos of this shet running (LOL) please!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Took a quick video today. It's a shitty cell phone vid, but at least it gives you an idea of what we're looking at. I recorded the entire attract mode, and it contains most levels of interest like the plane and mine cart. I will take higher quality video sooner rather than later. Chris plans on paying for the game within the next five or so days, so from there you can direct all questions and such to him.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xw54wamhks...%20PM.mov?dl=0

Took a quick video today. It's a shitty cell phone vid, but at least it gives you an idea of what we're looking at. I recorded the entire attract mode, and it contains most levels of interest like the plane and mine cart. I will take higher quality video sooner rather than later. Chris plans on paying for the game within the next five or so days, so from there you can direct all questions and such to him.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

"Mode 7" stages, the pallette swap in the cave levels and the intro logo effects all looking awesome!!!
    Music sounds good too with some nice percussion samples.
    Factor5 rules!
    Last edited by LinkueiBR; 06-21-2015 at 07:25 PM.
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Omg! Finally!
    amazing just amazing!

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Death Adder's minion DrKingSchultz's Avatar

Oh wow. I didn't know what to expect beyond what's in the SNES game, but that's quite impressive looking. A real shame it never saw a release.

Hard Road! ESWAT Veteran Barone's Avatar

It looks fantastic. Seems to scroll faster than the SNES game and it appears to be using the MD's hires mode since the view is quite wider than the SNES version. Really really awesome.
    I just hope I get to play it sooner than later somehow.

Awesome. It's just what I had always expected from Factor 5. The 3D-esque stages all look amazing and it proves that a Mega Drive version of Super Turrican 2 could have been possible too.

The Indiana Jones tune sounds good too, and I suppose it's the same with the rest of the soundtrack. No wonder why, since Chris Hülsbeck helped converting it to the Mega Drive.

Thanks for the video BeaglePuss. It should have been recorded in 4:3 display, but thanks anyway.

The 3D stages looks like that same gimmick used in Mickey Mania and Lion King.
    Anyway, if the rights of the franchise are not achieved in the end, just remove the references to it and change some of the sprites and musics for the release. As long the gameplay is intact this is not a problem.

Thread Information