Quantcast

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures prototype sold!

Are there any screenshots or videos of the Genesis version available?

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeOj View Post
    Does anyone know who the buyer is, or is it still unknown?
    You have some clues in this thread regarding who may be.

Bite my shiny, metal ***! Hero of Algol retrospiel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    Are there any screenshots or videos of the Genesis version available?

If you check the original auction the seller uploaded a couple of photos of the game running. (I am too lazy to link them here right now)
    Last edited by retrospiel; 05-18-2015 at 06:25 AM.
    The Mega Drive was far inferior to the NES in terms of diffusion rate and sales in the Japanese market, though there were ardent Sega users. But in the US and Europe, we knew Sega could challenge Nintendo. We aimed at dominating those markets, hiring experienced staff for our overseas department in Japan, and revitalising Sega of America and the ailing Virgin group in Europe.

Then we set about developing killer games.

- Hayao Nakayama, Mega Drive Collected Works (p. 17)

Quote Originally Posted by retrospiel View Post
    If you check the original auction the seller uploaded a couple of photos of the game running. (I am too lazy to link them here right now)
    Looks nice. Well it's a Factor 5 game, it should look nice.

Hey gang,

Mark and I did go ahead and purchase the game. With that being said, the seller went sent us a message shortly after the purchase and informed us that three separate individuals were claiming some sort of ownership of the title.

Piko was one of the three individuals to contact the seller and attempted to backdoor the deal by offering more money after the sale had taken place. The message can be seen here: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...ow=1201#bottom

The other two individuals actually do have a fair claim to the game, one of which is a founding member of Factor 5. We've been asked to not release the rom until things are ironed out. Mark and I are looking to step on any toes or piss on anyone's parade, so we are going to comply completely with the request of the developer.

I won't be able to answer many questions at this time, but know that there are a number of people working hard to give this game a proper release.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    Hey gang,

Mark and I did go ahead and purchase the game. With that being said, the seller went sent us a message shortly after the purchase and informed us that three separate individuals were claiming some sort of ownership of the title.

Piko was one of the three individuals to contact the seller and attempted to backdoor the deal by offering more money after the sale had taken place. The message can be seen here: http://www.nintendoage.com/forum/mes...ow=1201#bottom

The other two individuals actually do have a fair claim to the game, one of which is a founding member of Factor 5. We've been asked to not release the rom until things are ironed out. Mark and I are looking to step on any toes or piss on anyone's parade, so we are going to comply completely with the request of the developer.

I won't be able to answer many questions at this time, but know that there are a number of people working hard to give this game a proper release.
    So sad to read this. I hope the Factor 5 guys can settle down and understand the great importance that this lost version of their game have for the console so they eventually allow a release, even if it has to be a commercial one like piko will probably intend for his company (of course, I would prefer a release by you guys), although the company which probably has the last word on this matter is Disney, current owner of the Lucasfilm properties.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    So sad to read this. I hope the Factor 5 guys can settle down and understand the great importance that this lost version of their game have for the console so they eventually allow a release, even if it has to be a commercial one like piko will probably intend for his company, although the company which probably has the last word on this matter is Disney, current owner of the Lucasfilm properties.

To be clear, the Factor 5 guys have been SUPER friendly. They intend to release the game with the help of a prominent member of this forum and all parties have been extremely courteous to Matt and myself throughout. If the original developers want to release the game with a member of this forum, Matt and I will NOT get in the way.

Piko on the other hand made an offer to the seller in an attempt to back door us and keep the game for himself. He has no right to the game and of the SEVERAL members of Factor 5 that we've spoken to who intend to release the game, NONE have heard of Piko let alone are in the works of releasing the game with him.

This game will not be lost, everyone will get to play it, this time Matt and I won't be the ones to get it out there. We wanted to, and we would have, but the original creators and a member here have been working hard for several years to do it and we are going to make sure that we don't ruin the release for them.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    To be clear, the Factor 5 guys have been SUPER friendly. They intend to release the game with the help of a prominent member of this forum and all parties have been extremely courteous to Matt and myself throughout. If the original developers want to release the game with a member of this forum, Matt and I will NOT get in the way.

Piko on the other hand made an offer to the seller in an attempt to back door us and keep the game for himself. He has no right to the game and of the SEVERAL members of Factor 5 that we've spoken to who intend to release the game, NONE have heard of Piko let alone are in the works of releasing the game with him.

This game will not be lost, everyone will get to play it, this time Matt and I won't be the ones to get it out there. We wanted to, and we would have, but the original creators and a member here have been working hard for several years to do it and we are going to make sure that we don't ruin the release for them.
    Ok, sorry I got it wrong. I thought the Factor 5 guys were trying to keep this game unreleased like all these years back, but fortunately it seems it won't be the case. I guess the emergent retrogaming tendency has done a lot for these people to reconsider bringing from the dead what's probably one of the most impressive technical feats of the console (this is purely based on what the SNES version is and assuming that all that is replicated well in the Mega Drive version, which seems to be the case). Now the other thing they have to do is bringing a Mega Drive version of Super Turrican 2 as Mega Turrican 2 and then everything will be perfect. (just kidding, I don't think that was ever developed unlike the Indy game which was prominently featured in several mags back in the day)

At least it's a good thing to know this will be released somehow. I regard it as the best unreleased Mega Drive game which is yet to be dumped/released. I would have liked to see a release by you guys as you have done a lot for the Mega Drive community with your fantastic previous releases (and I'm aware there's still more coming), but I suppose things have to be like this. Oh well, thanks for trying it as always.

Spectral Savant WCPO Agent negative chill's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    That's wonderful as well as reassuring to hear

“The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”—Eric Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    Hey gang,

I am happy to know that the prototype is in good hands now!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Hello guys,

1.-I been talking about this game for weeks now with Factor 5 ex employees and partners.
    2.- It is a long shot because Disney is involved; so by Mark saying "they are friendly and they want to release it" I don't think he has done his homework.
    3.- I asked who had bought it, here in this very same thread, and Nolans just started to troll with memes. If they would have told me on this post or PM that they bought it, I would have worked with them.
    4.- Matt asked for recommendation or help over at NA to get to talk to Factor 5 people, LAST NIGHT, so now they are all good buddies and releasing games together.

Anyways, it is my job to do what it takes to get these games from my partners and potential partners. I already apologized to Matt about "backdooring", as I said, since they were secretive about the purchase, I could not afford this game going to a random buyer and get lost again.

I even told Matt that If there is too much redtape on this game, I would withdraw interest. So I don't know why they are making such a big deal about it;

You both should have told the truth and posted or pm's you had bought it to avoid any of this; this feels like a trap.

Edit:

Also Matt, Why would you first come to me over NA looking to work things out, and the second I tell you that I am sorry for what happened and I am willing to work with you and help you guys out in future projects, you come here and post private message?

It doesn't make sense why would you do that?
    Last edited by pikointeractive; 05-18-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pikointeractive View Post
    It is a long shot because Disney is involved;
    I knew it.

Hope this issue doesn't screw up things. They wouldn't have this problem if it would have been a Turrican game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesker View Post
    I knew it.

Hope this issue doesn't screw up things. They wouldn't have this problem if it would have been a Turrican game.
    If it was a Turrican game or an original IP it would probably be out a long time ago.

Hello guys,

1.-I been talking about this game for weeks now with Factor 5 ex employees and partners.
    Of the people I've spoken to that work for Factor 5, none know who you are.

2.- It is a long shot because Disney is involved; so by Mark saying "they are friendly and they want to release it" I don't think he has done his homework.
    Several of the past owners of Factor 5 have been working to release this game with a member here. You'd have to speak to them about it.

4.- Matt asked for recommendation or help over at NA to get to talk to Factor 5 people, LAST NIGHT, so now they are all good buddies and releasing games together.
    We are not releasing the game
    We have no intentions of releasing the game
    We are not associated with the release of the game

Owners of Factor 5 and a member here have plans to release the game and have been working on it for years. They approached us and asked us not to release the ROM, and we are going to uphold their request.

Anyways, it is my job to do what it takes to get these games from my partners and potential partners. I already apologized to Matt about "backdooring", as I said, since they were secretive about the purchase, I could not afford this game going to a random buyer and get lost again.
    Regardless of who purchased the game, you have no right to try to ruin the sale. There is no excuse.

I even told Matt that If there is too much redtape on this game, I would withdraw interest. So I don't know why they are making such a big deal about it;
    You told the seller that you would make a higher cash offer, and you made no reference to this "red tape" if the seller would have taken your offer, we would be out of luck. You don't have to withdraw interest, have at it! The owners of the IP ARE ALREADY WORKING WITH SOMEONE ELSE AND THEY DON'T KNOW YOU.

Mark, you should have paid attention in college in those intro to business courses lmao

Thread Information