Quantcast

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures prototype sold!

ouch
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    Of the people I've spoken to that work for Factor 5, none know who you are.

Several of the past owners of Factor 5 have been working to release this game with a member here. You'd have to speak to them about it.

We are not releasing the game
    We have no intentions of releasing the game
    We are not associated with the release of the game

Owners of Factor 5 and a member here have plans to release the game and have been working on it for years. They approached us and asked us not to release the ROM, and we are going to uphold their request.

Regardless of who purchased the game, you have no right to try to ruin the sale. There is no excuse.

You told the seller that you would make a higher cash offer, and you made no reference to this "red tape" if the seller would have taken your offer, we would be out of luck. You don't have to withdraw interest, have at it! The owners of the IP ARE ALREADY WORKING WITH SOMEONE ELSE AND THEY DON'T KNOW YOU.
    We'll see, If we can't release it, I hope somebody else does LEGALLY and Officially, not bootlegs.

Quote Originally Posted by pikointeractive View Post
    We'll see, If we can't release it, I hope somebody else does LEGALLY and Officially, not bootlegs.
    Agreed, and that's exactly what Factor 5 will be doing.

I would add one more adjective though: Ethically.

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    Agreed, and that's exactly what Factor 5 will be doing.

I would add one more adjective though: Ethically.
    Oh so you are confirming Disney gave the green light? Do you have an idea how possessive and careful Disney is with their IPs when it comes to Software development? I am not saying it is impossible, but will take a lot of effort. We could have facilitated that, however If Factor 5 can do it themselves, what is better than a game being released by their original developers?

Quote Originally Posted by pikointeractive View Post
    Oh so you are confirming Disney gave the green light? Do you have an idea how possessive and careful Disney is with their IPs when it comes to Software development? I am not saying it is impossible, but will take a lot of effort. We could have facilitated that, however If Factor 5 can do it themselves, what is better than a game being released by their original developers?
    I have no idea with regard to Disney. As Mark said, it's not a release we have anything to do with.

I'm extremely excited to hear that the original developers will be releasing the game, and I look forward to purchasing a copy when they do.

I don't mean to disrespect any of the parties involved, but the priority here should be to get the game dumped and on the internet so that it is preserved.

Any intentions of selling it are just going to bring the attention of Disney and that's going to result in a C&D letter. The prototype will end up in a state of limbo.

It would have been better if the owner had just dumped it and anonymously uploaded it. I would have gladly spent $1200 to do so if I knew of the auction.

i already post in some topic here some magazines scans of the game, have reviews about it,
    is 100% playable and very very close from snes version.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

here.. i found on my archivs again

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Quote Originally Posted by JumpingRyle View Post
    I don't mean to disrespect any of the parties involved, but the priority here should be to get the game dumped and on the internet so that it is preserved.

Any intentions of selling it are just going to bring the attention of Disney and that's going to result in a C&D letter. The prototype will end up in a state of limbo.

It would have been better if the owner had just dumped it and anonymously uploaded it. I would have gladly spent $1200 to do so if I knew of the auction.
    If you read the whole thread, the owner of Factor 5 has asked us NOT to dump it publicly, so we're going to oblige.

It appears as though he already has a copy of the ROM, so the game is not going to be lost.

Spectral Savant WCPO Agent negative chill's Avatar

I'm not entirely sure why exactly Disney would care about a 20 year old video game that never saw the light of day commercially. Someone care to explain it to me?

“The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”—Eric Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by MrMark0673 View Post
    If you read the whole thread, the owner of Factor 5 has asked us NOT to dump it publicly, so we're going to oblige.

It appears as though he already has a copy of the ROM, so the game is not going to be lost.
    Again, if this had just been quietly dumped and uploaded then that wouldn't be an issue. Obviously the Factor 5 owner is not that interested in making this available if he's been sitting on a copy of the ROM (although I'm not sure why they now seem interested). I don't think I need to tell you that many people here are interested in preserving the history of these games, and that is not limited to respecting the wishes of the creators. Of course, once you publicly announce that you have the prototype then obviously you are in a legal bind. Think about how much video game history would be lost if people respected the wishes of creators that their works not be dumped and uploaded to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by negative chill View Post
    I'm not entirely sure why exactly Disney would care about a 20 year old video game that never saw the light of day commercially. Someone care to explain it to me?
    Disney probably doesn't care. Their lawyers do. Disney owns the Indiana Jones IP and they have to fight all violations of the copyright regardless of scale.

After being asked not to by the creator of the game? That would be pretty weak.

You do realize that I've released numerous unreleased games to the public over the years, right?

Again, if this had just been quietly dumped and uploaded then that wouldn't be an issue. Obviously the Factor 5 owner is not that interested in making this available if he's been sitting on a copy of the ROM (although I'm not sure why they now seem interested). I don't think I need to tell you that many people here are interested in preserving the history of these games, and that is not limited to respecting the wishes of the creators. Of course, once you publicly announce that you have the prototype then obviously you are in a legal bind. Think about how much video game history would be lost if people respected the wishes of creators that their works not be dumped and uploaded to the internet.
    You do know that Mark and I have released the rom files for numerous unreleased Genesis games, right? Beastball, Time Trax, Dragon's Lair, Bill's Tomato Game, Danny Sullivan, Swamp Thing, and possible some others that escape me at the moment. We did our best to contact the IP owners to all those titles, and when we came back empty handed, we released the roms. Keep in mind this doesn't included countless roms for the NES, SNES, Famicom, Game Gear, Gameboy, etc.

It's one thing to boldly say that you would release roms and spend the money, when Mark and I actually do it.

This is a rare case where the IP owner has actively contacted us and ask that we respect their wish to release the game on their own. I'm not interested in doing anything behind their back, and Mark and I respect their wishes. They'll make the game commercially available, and the rom will follow for certain. This is actually the best possible outcome if you think about it.

Spectral Savant WCPO Agent negative chill's Avatar

Disney probably doesn't care. Their lawyers do. Disney owns the Indiana Jones IP and they have to fight all violations of the copyright regardless of scale.
    Reminds me of when the creators of the game Chroma Squad got arbitrarily sued by Haim Saban because he and his lawyers felt that it tried to capitalize on their trademark even though Power Rangers doesn't even exist as an intellectual property in Brazil....

“The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn’t understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.”—Eric Schmidt

Quote Originally Posted by BeaglePuss View Post
    You do know that Mark and I have released the rom files for numerous unreleased Genesis games, right? Beastball, Time Trax, Dragon's Lair, Bill's Tomato Game, Danny Sullivan, Swamp Thing, and possible some others that escape me at the moment. We did our best to contact the IP owners to all those titles, and when we came back empty handed, we released the roms. Keep in mind this doesn't included countless roms for the NES, SNES, Famicom, Game Gear, Gameboy, etc.

It's one thing to boldly say that you would release roms and spend the money, when Mark and I actually do it.

This is a rare case where the IP owner has actively contacted us and ask that we respect their wish to release the game on their own. I'm not interested in doing anything behind their back, and Mark and I respect their wishes. They'll make the game commercially available, and the rom will follow for certain. This is actually the best possible outcome if you think about it.
    Yes, I am aware that you purchased prototypes, held them hostage until you sold a certain number of unauthorized reproductions, and then publicly released them with a nice bit of cash in your pocket. Are you aware of the countless numbers of people in this community that have donated immense time and money to things such as translating games, scanning covers and manuals, dumping roms, conducting interviews, and so on and have NEVER seen a single cent in profit?

Get off your high horse for a second, please. We all know you bought this prototype with the intention of selling reproductions. It is convenient that you respect the IP owner's wishes in this case, since not doing so means you will be sued.

Thread Information