Quantcast

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Shenmue III

So...I ordered the PC physical version back during the first week...and this...

Due to production circumstances, PC physical packages and disks will not be delivered by November 19th. Epic Games Store product codes, including for PC physical backers, will be delivered through your survey from Fangamer, so PC physical backers will be able to play at release.
    ...so where is my code?

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

They have not sent me my code either. Everyone else seems to be getting theirs. This KS is a mess.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

I just got mine lol. Yu Suzuki must be reading this thread.

Mega-Dorky Nerd God WCPO Agent nissling's Avatar

As mentioned before, it's basically Shenmue. Considering the community having asked for it and we are getting it, I cannot blame Yu Suzuki. Overall I feel like the decisions in overall game design are well judged, especially considering the budget restrictions. Having just played through Shenmue II for a second time I really feel like I miss the old fighting system. This is something Shenmue III just cannot compare to at all but I don't think anyone really expected it neither.

I'm playing it on the PS4 Pro in 1080i using an HD-CRT monitor. Technically speaking there are certainly much more impressive titles out there but aesthetics are fairly pleasing and are mostly tasteful while being presented in an overall contrasty image. There always seem to be added lighting on all of the characters' heads (right around the shoulders and up). Can look a bit strange in night scenes. I really appreciate the inclusion of Japanese voice actors as those are much easier to listen to than the English dub.

Either way I'm looking forward to play through the game. I'm a big fan of the earlier two games and despite the up and downs over the development of this third entry I think it was worth it in the end.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    They also added a mechanic where Ryo's health continuously goes down unless you keep eating. You won't die from it but you can't run if it gets too low.
    Could be RDR2 influence.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yharnamresident View Post
    Could be RDR2 influence.
    Never played but the first game I thought of was Super Hydlide. Ryo is currently living on a diet of garlic and bananas.

Mega-Dorky Nerd God WCPO Agent nissling's Avatar

It's nowhere near as obvious in RDR2 though, which I played through earlier this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Nah it's cool. Shenmue is very much not for everyone. It's an odd game. People who love Shenmue I think to understand why some dislike it. Then they don't get why Shenmue fans like it. It because of all the reasons others dislike it. The slow burn. The detail. The bad VA. Uneven story. Slow pace.
    This is more spot-on than when I read it the first time. Just for kicks I went online and looked at Youtube videos of the game itself. It looks like the original Shenmue with a new coat of paint. Listening to people online gush about how every drawer, cupboard, and NPC was able to be talked to as a great, nostalgic, on-point thing for the Shenmue series, made me realize that I will never understand the appeal. The only things I liked about the first game was the potential for a cool story and epic fights, as well as the QTEs. When that flopped halfway through into this long endless drudgery of asking around, with no plot or character development, the entire game seemed like a chore to me. But if people to the tune of $7M kickstarter funded dollars enjoy that immersive experience of drudgery, more power to them. I'd rather do everything Shenmue does in real life compared to the game, even if I don't get to face off against Lan Di and find the Dragon Mirror with my telepathically connected love interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

You will love Death Stranding then. Boots have a meter that wears out. You are The Postman and you walk and walk and walk and walk and walk and pee and walk and walk. Sometimes you have to walk past oil ghosts. Then you have boss. Throw your blood at it casually and it goes away so you can...walk and walk and walk and pee and walk. lol.

Shenmue III I get to walk and walk then chop wood. Eat a banana. Ask everyone if they have seen a person. Walk ask walk ask. Eat a banana. Chop wood. Go back to Shenhua's place and she asks 20 questions about my dad. I sleep and repeat. See Shenmue has more variety!

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Well theres absolutely no surprise whatsoever that the game is getting 80s-90s and 60s-50s on Metacritic.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    This is more spot-on than when I read it the first time. Just for kicks I went online and looked at Youtube videos of the game itself. It looks like the original Shenmue with a new coat of paint. Listening to people online gush about how every drawer, cupboard, and NPC was able to be talked to as a great, nostalgic, on-point thing for the Shenmue series, made me realize that I will never understand the appeal. The only things I liked about the first game was the potential for a cool story and epic fights, as well as the QTEs. When that flopped halfway through into this long endless drudgery of asking around, with no plot or character development, the entire game seemed like a chore to me. But if people to the tune of $7M kickstarter funded dollars enjoy that immersive experience of drudgery, more power to them. I'd rather do everything Shenmue does in real life compared to the game, even if I don't get to face off against Lan Di and find the Dragon Mirror with my telepathically connected love interest.
    But would you drive a forklift?
    05/05/15

Quote Originally Posted by BonusKun View Post
    But would you drive a forklift?
    "Hey, want to play a game of Lucky Hit?" - Played this for about 5 minutes, atrociously boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    "Hey, want to play a game of Lucky Hit?" - Played this for about 5 minutes, atrociously boring.
    Yeah I like how the game looks but yeah. The game just isn't for me.
    05/05/15

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Maybe if you guys had found those sailors.....
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Mega Driver Hedgehog-in-TrainingWCPO Agent Gryson's Avatar

Any time there is anything related to Shenmue posted on this forum, the same several people come out of the woodwork to talk at length about their feelings of frustration with it. I feel like there needs to be a Post-Shenmue Stress Disorder support group to help you guys get it out of your systems.

Thread Information