Quantcast

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Mortal Kombat II: 32X vs SNES

Haha, that's maximum trolling mode!

Outrunner

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

^Hm, looks like someone really sucks at Mortal Kombat.

Now with 33% more @$$! Master of Shinobi Assman's Avatar

MK2 is pretty fucking ridiculous with the throwing, though (at least in the arcade). You pretty much have to stay outside of sweep-range at all times, and throw-blocking (back + block) doesn't work at all, as I recall.

Outrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Assman View Post
    MK2 is pretty fucking ridiculous with the throwing, though (at least in the arcade). You pretty much have to stay outside of sweep-range at all times, and throw-blocking (back + block) doesn't work at all, as I recall.
    In MK2 and UMK3 you can only do a throw against the first one or two fighters, anything after that will auto throw you when YOU try throwing THEM.

And the secret characters in MK2 can (and will) throw you from full screen away.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

It goes without saying that the AI in MKII and MK3/UMK3 (but not MK1) is ludicrously cheap and annoying as hell at times. Less so in the home console ports maybe, but cheap as fuck in the original arcade games.

I don't understand how this ridiculously cheap AI was even considered a good idea. Of course every arcade game is a quarter muncher in one way or another, but such bullshit as in arcade MKII later stages only discourage from playing the game at all.

Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orchid87 View Post
    I don't understand how this ridiculously cheap AI was even considered a good idea. Of course every arcade game is a quarter muncher in one way or another, but such bullshit as in arcade MKII later stages only discourage from playing the game at all.
    I think they hoped that people would be so determined to beat the game out of sheer rage and frustration that they'd just keep pumping money into the machine whilst keeping up a litany of constant profanities. They were right!

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

My experience is like this:
    MK2 (Arcade) - Cool, challenging couple of first fights. Then I get to Kitana or Mileena....what the hell? Throw, throw and throw some more. I have beaten the game but the difficulty spike when you get to a female fighter is crazy. Which leads to this......
    UMK3 (Arcade) - Like MK2, some easy to somewhat challenging first fights. Then Jade. She would kick my ass all the time. I have many memories of getting to Jade and the Waterfront arena them BOOM, Jade goes bat shit crazy and wins. I have beaten the game, I just figured out how to trick the AI like in MK2. LOL

And the 32X version of MK2 is great IMO. I just wish Probe added the arcade endings with the ending pictures like they did with the intro.

Thread Information