Quantcast

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Mortal Kombat II: 32X vs SNES

Systemwars vs Sega-16 Master of Shinobi gamegenie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    dreamcast already had countless arcade perfect games.
    True. I didn't mean to slight the DC. I do own one, two actually. The faster disc access speed did eliminated a lot of the bottle necks faced with the previous generation.
    "Fires of purgatory, coalesce and incinerate my enemies."

Systemwars vs Sega-16 Master of Shinobi gamegenie's Avatar

I finally got around to taking another look at the Mortal Kombats on the Super NES. Installing them on Super NES Classic mini.

SNES Mortal Kombat 1 is horrible, plays very sluggish and the CPU is really cheap to sweep you and go nuts on you if you get close or in the corner. The graphics are pretty low res too despite it matching the Arcade closer on imagery. The Genesis does not suffer from low res graphics, it is just light on colors and that is hardly noticeable in MK1. I personally don't like Genesis MK1 lack of effort in trying to match the Arcade music tracks. I seen the comments on Youtube and I see there's a huge fanbase that love Genesis MK1 primarily for it's music, I don't see it, but then again my first console MK1 was the SEGA CD, which I'll say the

SEGA CD Mortal Kombat 1 destroys every other home-port.

MKII, now the music and colors are amazing, like the arcade. The graphics themselves are very low resolution and since I'm playing off the classic mini my HDTV is doing a much higher focus on the low res than SNES gamers played it back then, but I think that is probably the real negative. In the generation arguing over 16-bits, someone should have touted that resolution matters, like they do with the current generation. The MKII sound meshes with too many other sounds/voices and it can be hard hear the music or the announcer. Sculptured cut corners creatively to get a decent MKII port of SNES out, but in the long run this port did not age well at all. In contrast the Genesis version despite not being colorful, not having arcade matching music, its graphics are highly detailed as the resolution is higher (making it future TV proof), second the music is much better arranged on the Genesis MKII than MK1 which sounded like the developers weren't even going to try to recreate the arcade music, in MKII they definitely put in a better effort in recreating the MKII sound track on Genesis hardware, and it definitely shows, the music is crisp and clear, compared to the SNES compressed/muffled arcade style BGM.

I skipped MK3 on SNES right on to UMK3, and it's a solid home port, not perfect but not terrible like the previous games. It's still plagued with lower resolution, and highly compressed sound/music that make the game sound muffled. The music is also arranged off the SNES hardware as oppose to compressed Arcade tracks of the previous MKs, and I think that fairs equally with the Genesis arranged MK3 tracks. Neither are superior and their sound is unique to their hardware.
    "Fires of purgatory, coalesce and incinerate my enemies."

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    yes but at least half weren't arcade perfecrt, while with dreamcast you'll be hard pressed to find a game not arcade perfect. including 3d.
    Well ones that run on the NA@MI board for sure, but thats no different from how Neo Geo AES and Neo Geo CD games were Arcade perfect given they were using the same hardware in the Arcades.
    The PS and Saturn really started the era of Arcade perfect ports of Arcades games running on various sets of Hardware
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Well ones that run on the NA@MI board for sure, but thats no different from how Neo Geo AES and Neo Geo CD games were Arcade perfect given they were using the same hardware in the Arcades.
    The PS and Saturn really started the era of Arcade perfect ports of Arcades games running on various sets of Hardware
    neo geo aes wasn't widely available. only few could afford that. I remember playstation and saturn games being anything but arcade perfect.

Thread Information