Quantcast

Thread: Cliffhanger (Sega CD)

Whoa Cliffhanger (Sega CD)

Ugh, whenever someone tells me of the great games coming out of Sony's first party stables, I have to remind them just how far the company has come in terms of game development. Their puzzled responses are met with a short history of Sony as a publisher, and once my sad tale reaches such gems as Last Action Hero and Bram Stoker's Dracula, the young gamer listening is all the more impressed with God of War 2. Yeah, there were some gems, like Skyblazer on the SNES, but you could count those on one hand and still have fingers left over to grab a doughnut. Want proof? How about Cliffhanger? Based on the suprisingly successful Stallone movie of the same name, it's your run-of-the-mill cash run that lacks all the creativity and fun we've come to expect from most licensed titles. We've a full review for you, so take a deep breath, clutch your copy of Gran Turismo 3 close to your breast, and read on gentle gamer.
    Last edited by Melf; 01-17-2008 at 09:37 PM.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

The snowboarding was kind of neat.

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

My first of only 2 Sega CD titles I owned during my extremely short time with the system back in 1998. I found this turd at the clearance bin of a K-B Toys for $4 new. There were lots of copies. I recall thinking that the platforming scenes were decent at best yet inherently crippled and CHEAP. The snowboarding sequences however, were the highlight of this game and me and my cousin logged in a lot of time into those. They were great (and appeared to use the Batman Returns scaling/rotation engine). Aside from the snowboarding sequences (which were NEVER even in the movie) and the redbook audio from the movie, the game and it's grainy, small FMV. Yet one of many slightly enhanced cart titles.

The only other SCD title I got to purchase was "Silpheed" ($20 used) and it was..........decent at best. The game was difficult as hell to boot so like Cliffhanger I stage selected my ass through it.

By '98 Sega CD/32X stuff was SCARCE as hell and a no-mans land here in NYC (or at least I didn't look far enough) and it was a drag visiting retailers and finding jack. I wanted Sonic CD so badly and never got it.

this review seems to be gone on the list of Sega CD games reviews...

Thread Information