Quantcast

Page 34 of 34 FirstFirst ... 243031323334

Thread: WIP - Shinobi MD port

This gets more and more amazing each time I see the progress made.

Holy cow...that sounds perfect!
    I can't wait to play a port of the game which I had always wished we got from Sega.

If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Lord Hiryu's Avatar

Outstanding work Tryphon. Sounds really well. Reminds me very close to the arcade.
    Pyron, great job with the portraits....really cool.

Keep the good job Tryphon.

WCPO Agent

Thank you very much for the kind words, I'm really glad this project gets some attention

Someone noticed the music were 1 tone lower than the arcade, and that's true : I used the "YAMAHA YM2151 Application Manual" which gives keycodes for a YM2151 clocked at 3,58MHz, whereas System16's is clocked at 4 MHz. At first I thought System16 documentation was wrong, but after checking, it really is clocked at 4 MHz, so I re-recorded the bgm ont tone higher. Here it is :

direct link

You may notice some slowdowns or frameskips here and there, but it's due to the recording (my PC has difficulties in running BlastEm and recording it at 60fps). That doesn't explain why I play so bad though

There's another issue with part of BGM 4 where notes don't cut out where they should; it's at the end of each phrase in the "chorus" part near the end of the loop.
    On a wave of mutilation

https://minirevver.weebly.com/

WCPO Agent

By BGM4, do you refer to the track that is played at level 3-3 ? (at 2:13 on the video ?)

On a wave of mutilation

https://minirevver.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by tryphon View Post
    Thank you very much for the kind words, I'm really glad this project gets some attention

Someone noticed the music were 1 tone lower than the arcade, and that's true : I used the "YAMAHA YM2151 Application Manual" which gives keycodes for a YM2151 clocked at 3,58MHz, whereas System16's is clocked at 4 MHz. At first I thought System16 documentation was wrong, but after checking, it really is clocked at 4 MHz, so I re-recorded the bgm ont tone higher. Here it is :

direct link

You may notice some slowdowns or frameskips here and there, but it's due to the recording (my PC has difficulties in running BlastEm and recording it at 60fps). That doesn't explain why I play so bad though
    Sounds very cool, on thing thats call me attetition is that the shuriken fx sounds a bit off and not so clear, it can be improved?

Also i notice that's the color map of the bug/toad man are worng, and the green ninja is not implemented on your recent demos, i think it gonna improve the overall look of the game,
    some guy told me that's loves these green ninjas =P

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Mauro Flores's Avatar

direct link

This game is a dream becoming true! Thanks a lot!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Amaweks's Avatar

Default Awesome, so exciting see every progress

direct link

It will be nice to play whem the game is finnished, that's for sure, but 50% of the fum, in the end, comes from see every progress on the development. Awemsome work guys, congratulations.

I recorded all of the arcade music and digital sounds directly from my very own Shinobi arcade PCB. No emulation. I have found emulation of this game never sounds quite right and the voices often sound harsh. Anyway feel free to use these in any way you wish. I can provide the uncompressed WAV files if you need. - http://www.gamesack.net/ShinobiArcadeOST.zip

Thread Information