Quantcast

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: WIP - Shinobi MD port

Looks very good and possibly perfect on real hardware. As it is I would just do these minor edits to certain shades for better consistency, and a couple of minor changes to the skeletons if possible (it adds one shade).

On a wave of mutilation

https://minirevver.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alianger View Post
    As it is I would just do these minor edits to certain shades for better consistency, and a couple of minor changes to the skeletons if possible (it adds one shade).
    Hi Alianger, I'm sorry but i have to say, is nothing worng with my consistency..
    everything is in place and like i wanted, ofc that i will change somethings in the future.. i still do more versions of the punk and etc..
    but only testing in real hardware like i always did that's i will change something.

The zombie skeleton didn't lose any she of detail.. but i dosen't have enought colors to make him like the arcade..
    so i did adaptations.. for me third one is the best.. but the sword detail is green instead red of the original

Your "corrections" is just your personal taste, changing the lighting gray for a bluesh one like you did in your mockups or change one brow tone for another to stands out more.
    in the skeleton you are using colors from other pallete and its not possible in real game.
    is not bad but but is not what i want, or saturate the last boss like you mention to "consistence" ?
    i disagree and i still didn't read that book, so i'm sorry dude for never make you happy,
    but please.. give the things the real names..
    is boring speak to another people that hes is doing something worng because is not what you want.

Visit my youtube channel Pyron's Lair
    Take here all my hacks made with love for all of us here
    Want to help me? Here is my Patreon!

Some enemies have more contrast than others as reflected in the RGB values as well. Of course it's not consistent if one sprite's shading goes down to pure black and the other one's to a couple of "steps" above that. Now on real hardware the brightest shade goes to 255 so we'll see, maybe the pure blue shading works better there for example.

Well, a full "step" of ~32 for a brighter gray shade rather than a slightly blueish one would be optimal for certain enemies but not others (it would help the most for the monks' white clothing), but I'd have to see how the palettes are divided up to do a more thoughtful edit.

I don't know what you're on about regarding books and names. You're also contradicting yourself saying it's not good if it's not what you want and then saying that I can't argue for what I want because that's "boring". But Tryphon can decide in the end, so whatever.
    On a wave of mutilation

Man you really gonna insist on this?

You really are a funny guy...
    This nonsense is not worth rebating or explaining ..
    Stay with your truth and the book can not quote because you deleted your post
    Stay in peace

Books? Deleting posts? I honestly don't know what you're talking about, if I did delete something (on imgur?) then it was an accident or something I thought was no longer relevant.

Agreed, you could've just said that you disagree or ignored it instead of trying to start drama.
    On a wave of mutilation

It's not drama, I was just giving you attention and answering your questions.
    To the point that you started getting annoying and throwing me technical data in the face as if I were a noob to justify your "consistency" that does not take into account several other factors and that in the end is just your personal taste as in your moclups.

Guys this is a big big thread! Triphon and all you are making history, some disagreement here and there is totally natural and the in right way welcome! It's delicious to get into forum day by day and see things happening! Thank you very much for the love, effort and dedication of the whole helpers!

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    Guys this is a big big thread! Triphon and all you are making history, some disagreement here and there is totally natural and the in right way welcome! It's delicious to get into forum day by day and see things happening! Thank you very much for the love, effort and dedication of the whole helpers!
    agreed
    Can't wait to see tryphon results!
    VISUAL SHOCK!
    SPEED SHOCK!
    SOUND SHOCK!
    NOW IS TIME TO THE 68000 HEART ON FIRE!

Shadow of the Beast II - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2275/

Sunset Riders - Enhanced Colors:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2287/

Turrican - Fixed:
    http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2535/

Nameless One

Quote Originally Posted by EPSYLON EAGLE View Post
    X2!

This is awesome! I've always wanted to play Shinobi on my Genesis back in 1990. I'm here just to congratulate mister Triphon for the dedication, hoping to see it fully complete one day -- I'm sure I will feature on my brazilian YouTube channel about retrogaming, on real hardware, RGB, and all that good stuff.

Again, thanks Triphon for realizing the dream of arcade Shinobi on the Genesis as close as possible to the original!

Thread Information