Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dreamcast's Colin McRae Rally 2.0 Revealed

Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    Ya sure about that? look at earlier PS2 titles and then compare it to that c'mon your tell me that Sumggler's Run looks better than the game on the video?
    Yes, Smuggler's Run looks at least 100 times better than this game.

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider View Post
    Take a look at 6:44 in this video
    Both versions have the exact same polygon counts. You can see every single polygon is identical.

The Dreamcast can apparently process x15 more polygons than the N64. Why do those version have the same polygons? half-assery
    This is incorrect. The Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 is a port of the PC version, which has higher-polygon character models than the N64 version. The difference there is quite noticeable. There are lots of other visual differences too.

Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    Yes, Smuggler's Run looks at least 100 times better than this game.

This is incorrect. The Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 is a port of the PC version, which has higher-polygon character models than the N64 version. The difference there is quite noticeable. There are lots of other visual differences too.
    Of course they're gonna change the character, no ones that half-assed. But look at the levels, they got the exact same polygon meshes. Sharp edges galore.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider View Post
    Of course they're gonna change the character, no ones that half-assed. But look at the levels, they got the exact same polygon meshes. Sharp edges galore.
    Haha, there were plenty of ports to the Dreamcast that were indeed that half-assed. Take a look at some of the abysmal stuff companies like Konami, Capcom, and Acclaim put out for the system.

The Dreamcast version of Rayman 2 obviously had at least a reasonable amount of effort put into it. There were extra details added to the environments, remodeling all of the level geometry would have been a lot of effort for a likely marginal gain, especially considering that the game was already above average graphically on the PC at the time of release.

Proud 16-bit War Veteran ESWAT Veteran David J.'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    AFAIK the production run for the US version was smaller than the EU version and the game was freaking good.
    IDK what the heck happened, but maybe Codemasters miscalculated the audience for this game in US or something.
    When I bought a lot of PS1 games some time ago - in the past year or so, it was going for $20-40 at one point. No idea, nor do I care if it is going for that much now. But I know I got it new around 10+ years ago for a few bucks.
    The smell of scorched oil hangs in the air as a premonition of danger, while the engine gloriously shouts its war cry...

Throughout history, suspicion has always bred conflict. The real conflict, though, resides in people's hearts. This conflict has just begun.

nes x-men nes x-men nes x-men

Thread Information