Quantcast

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sega Gear: MD-Pro Flash Card

How do I tell what type of letters are involved with the printer port on my fabulous PC?

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    How do I tell what type of letters are involved with the printer port on my fabulous PC?
    Any modern PC can do up to ECP...

Go into the BIOS (either F1, F2, Delete), and go to it's page for the parallel port (they are all different depending on the BIOS used), and select what mode you want your port on..
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
    Any modern PC can do up to ECP...

Go into the BIOS (either F1, F2, Delete), and go to it's page for the parallel port (they are all different depending on the BIOS used), and select what mode you want your port on..
    Yeah, and then when you´re lucky the thing works if you select EEP. If you´re unlucky it still doesn´t work.

But actually you shouldn´t want it to work since I told you the whole truth about Tototek.

Zebbe, I don´t think it is right to lie to Joe. He´s a fellow forum-member and you shouldn´t advice him to buy that demonic device although you know what it does to both his hard- and software. Shame on you! Have you been brainwashed by the evil Tototek Empire?
    Last edited by 108 Stars; 08-14-2007 at 02:31 AM.

Where did you tell "the whole truth" about Tototek?
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Post #35

3GHz overclock? That's one hell of a blast processing..
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

If that is the truth, then yes, I AM brainwashed by Tototek. At least its better than being brainwashed by islamism, communism or MTV.

Poor Zebbe....
    It seems you shared the same fate as those other poor individuals who fell victim to Tototek´s evil schemes.

Does the Tototek work? Yes? Ok...

What DOESN'T work?

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
    Does the Tototek work? Yes? Ok...

What DOESN'T work?

My 2 cents...

well, my Flash cart just arrived today. First of all I was pleasantly surprised that Tototek had apparantly made a mistake in my favor: I had ordered the cart without the plastic case (I had intended to put the cart in the casing of an old and not-functioning EA game), but it arrived complete with case. Well, I don't complain about that.

What I did have some trouble with was getting the adaptor to work. Although the software that's downloadable on Tototeks website claims that by now it works with both EPP and ECP, I only got it to work when I followed the advice posted here and switched my LPT to EPP only in the BIOS. Talk about inconvenience.

Anyways, the cart works like a charm. At least for me it does.
    The funny thing about an oxymoron is, even if you remove the ox, there'll always be a moron. The Question Remains: Y?

@Zebbe:
    I reread this article today. Even though it would be an understatement to say that the MD-Pro is somewhat obsolete your writing style still sucked me in.
    Any chance that you review the Mega SD?

Megadrive

Hi Seingalt!

Thank you! I had to re-read it as well. I'm glad you like my style, though it isn't as arrogant in tone nor having cutaway jokes these days, I hope .

Sadly, I stopped writing for Sega-16 to focus on making Mega Drive games, so I most likely won't review the Mega SD.

HOWEVER, there is a great review you can see here, by the talented folks at My Life in Gaming:

Also, I'm pretty sure Game Sack will make a review of it sooner or later.

Fortunately, you can enjoy my writing style again when I review Ultracore shortly after it arrives in a few weeks, making an exception. It's been almost three years since I last wrote for Sega-16, so it's gonna be fun. What a shame the Reader Roundtable has been cancelled, I always enjoyed both writing for and reading those.

LOL I remember Tototek. Wow. Those were the days. Actually they weren't and I'm so happy that retro gaming has come such a long way since those days.

I actually have already done my review of the Mega SD, it'll be released in 4 weeks from this post (slightly less, actually). I want to update the review to include some of the MD+ games I'm working on. Plus there's another episode already ahead of it waiting for release.

I'm also looking forward to the arrival of Ultracore even though I have the digital version on the Mega SG.

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer View Post
    LOL I remember Tototek. Wow. Those were the days. Actually they weren't and I'm so happy that retro gaming has come such a long way since those days.
    I remember being annoyed at the MD-Pro, I didn't (and still don't) understand who thought it was a good idea to create a flashcart that had to be flashed either on your pc or if you were lucky with a Sega CD.
    just seemed like a huge step back from my Super Magic Drive copier, and then those other Chinese decided it would be a good idea to release a similar flashcart but with removable GBA carts for storage.
    (guess they had a big warehouse full of those) so Chilly Willy(?) ended up writing firmware for that GBA flashcart that supported SD cards just so we could have a flashcart that could load roms from SD.

AND THEN THERE WAS THE NES/SNES POWERPAK WHO's DESIGNER THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO STILL USE COMPACT FLASH!!

Dark times, really felt like these companies were making steps that could and should have been skipped.

Thread Information