Quantcast

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sega Gear: MD-Pro Flash Card

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars
    Actually, Nintendo DS flash carts use SD cards. Can be put in every cheap USB card reader and rewritten that way. Then plug it into the flash cart and voila.
    I think this is the next step for MD flash carts too.
    They should use SD cards..

Thing is, what kind of bank switching to we want to use for that? My 512MB SD card would need lots of bank switching.. But that sure is a lot of mega power..
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

What does the extra E in EEPROM stand for? I am only familiar with EPROM (Erasable/Programmable Read Only Memory).

Parallel ports are for pussies.

108 Stars has the best idea. That truly rocks and it 100% doable. 108 Stars gets a "Get out of BANNING free" card that he may use once.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    108 Stars has the best idea. That truly rocks and it 100% doable. 108 Stars gets a "Get out of BANNING free" card that he may use once.
    Whoa! Cooool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    What does the extra E in EEPROM stand for? I am only familiar with EPROM (Erasable/Programmable Read Only Memory).

Parallel ports are for pussies.

Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory

Meaning, you don't need UV light to erase the ROM, you can do it by electricity..

If parallel ports are for pussies, then why does the Genesis use a parallel interface for the cartridge, and sega CD? oh yea, because it's just how they natively communicate to the CPU's data and address lines (kinda why a parallel port is the choice to program an EEPROM, which is parallel)
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

Hell if I care how the Genesis communicates with itself and its attached parasites. Parallel ports on computers are lame. They are ancient technology. Any new hardware being developed today needs to make use of new bleeding edge space age technology, or else! Who the hell has a computer anymore with a freakin' printer port? If your computer was made after 1926, then it probably doesn't have one. Only losers with 1925-era and before computers have lame-o parallel ports. Sissies.

Your just jealous because your Mac don't have one and you have to buy a USB adapter.

Really, even if you added USB, you still can't program the EEPROMs any faster.

Wildside Expert

Another top notch article, Zebbe. I'm curious about how it was packaged for shipping. Bubble wrap and a cardboard box?
    Twilight Translations: Japanese Games - Englisherize!
    (Engrish not included.)
    Now with 25% more Blog than the next leading brand!

Very in-depth analysis. Should come in handy to anyone thinking about buying.

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
    LOL! What's with the hentai, etc, being flashed onto the cart, in the software screenshot?
    It is called humour. Sorry if you didn't get it/found it boring.

RedComet: Thanks. It came in bubble plastic and brown thin paper. It was packaged well.

Here is another flash cart, which I found after completing this article. Melf was supposed to get one free for reviewing it on this page. http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.p...0&bestseller=Y

It sort of makes my article incomplete . Maybe Melf can review the Neo MD flash cart to compare all three.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe
    It is called humour. Sorry if you didn't get it/found it boring.
    You must have missed my "LOL", because I obviously found it funny...

Yes, I missed it.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zebbe
    Here is another flash cart, which I found after completing this article. Melf was supposed to get one free for reviewing it on this page. http://www.ic2005.com/shop/product.p...0&bestseller=Y

It sort of makes my article incomplete . Maybe Melf can review the Neo MD flash cart to compare all three.
    Somehow I doubtMelf will ever get his hands on one; he volunteered to get the long awaited 3-in1-cart in July 2006.
    That Dr.Neo seems kinda fishy to me. First of all he hardly speaks decent English, and he avoids answering questions like the plague. Not to mention the ridiculous price tag for the 3-in-1; 200 fucking Dollars is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by evildragon
    Your just jealous because your Mac don't have one and you have to buy a USB adapter.

Really, even if you added USB, you still can't program the EEPROMs any faster.
    Nah, I have a real PC from 1916 with a parallel port. It's not about the speed, it's about the lameness.

More human than human Nameless One system's Avatar

I own the 64 mbit variety of this. I am a pirate, yarrr!

Why do these flash cart type products keep using 1980's technology like printer ports? Are the designers living in a technology deprived world where nothing ever advances? USB is fine, and even then they can't make it so that some USB ports don't destroy the thing. And they need the printer port AND the USB simultaneously. That's messed up. Hell, put a firewire jack on the thing. At least step up to the 90's.
    Because it's much easier to program communcation via the parallel port than, say, USB as it has all kinds of bloat tacked on to make it "universal".
    Last edited by system; 08-11-2007 at 02:24 AM.

The only thing the article is missing is a link to where it can be purchased.

Thread Information