Quantcast

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sega Gear: MD-Pro Flash Card

Chenjesu of the Alliance Outrunner megabomberman's Avatar

One thing though, since they are roms, is the quality still that shitty rom quality that really degenerates the experience....

Really this should only be used for translated imports as zebbe says, just seems like it would cheapen your collection if it was used for games one didn't have.
    "Age badly is something women do, games are good or bad when they are released. "

"It's like watching Runic stones by vikings here in Täby: not beautiful compared to Mona Lisa, but damn fine stuff for their time, as Phantasy Star II is, and that is why I enjoy it."

Zebbe speaks on the quality of how 16-bit games hold up against modern counterparts 28/07/07 beautiful

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

ROMs are not shitty at all. Of course there are also bad dumps with numerous errors, but most of them are labeled as such; very few MD-games do not have good ROMs in the www.
    A ROM-Image you play on Emulator is 100% the same thing you play on your real MD; its just not stored on a cartridge with EEPROM, but on your hard disk (or in this case on a flash cart). There is no quality-difference at all.
    If ROMs appear to have shitty quality, it´s either a bad dump or your PC has problems with the emulator (maybe it´s too weak)
    If you have an EEPROM burner you can even take an old cartridge of a game you hate, take out the EEPROM and burn the game you always wanted but never could afford on a new EEPROM. Put the EEPROM into the cartridge, and voila, you have your dream-game as a real, working MD-cartridge. You just need some soldering skills.
    Here´s a link to some tutorials for building SNES-carts. People pay hundreds of € for translated Star Oceans etc; this guide tells you how to do that stuff yourself. You need some soldering experience though.

http://snesdev.romhack.de/game_select.htm

MD carts work pretty much the same afaik; it should be even easier, since MD-games don´t use such a variety of special chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    The only thing the article is missing is a link to where it can be purchased.
    Sorry about that. Here it is: http://www.tototek.com/pio/main1/SUB...ption=HARDWARE
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Why do some of the pictures on their web site have the battery and others do not, yet they are for the same product? Is Tototek trying to trick me? Are they evil? Will they rip me off? The one for $70 does not have the battery shown in the pic.

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Indeed they are trying to rip you off. The company´s owner is a guy called Satan (known to the average gamer as Shigeru Miyamoto).

The company´s only purpose is to get Sega-gamers´hopes up with a seemingly attractive offer only to get their money and crush their innocent little souls afterwards. Many of those who suffer this fate never recover.

All the Engrish on their website is only to make people believe that the company is run by a retard, thus someone who is not able to execute such an evil masterplan.

Not only does the MD-Pro not contain a battery, it also draws all energy from your other Genesis-games´batteries and automatically switches the Genesis to 3 Ghz-mode, resulting in the system´s death by overheating. However, this does not happen with Genesis-3-models.

Other than that, it´s a good product, and since Sega-fans act like lemmings they buy it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Redifer
    Why do some of the pictures on their web site have the battery and others do not, yet they are for the same product?
    They are just showing both sides of the flash cart without making the customer think they will get two for the price of one.

Is Tototek trying to trick me?
    No.

Are they evil?
    No.

Will they rip me off?
    No.

The one for $70 does not have the battery shown in the pic.
    And the one with a battery doesn't have the chips on it. Guess you have to buy both and solder them together.

Melf refused to do the review on that flash cart because they wanted him to advertise on Sega-16. Being the saint that he is, he gave up the pricey toy in favor of keeping our site PURE!!!

Melf for teh win!

Agreed. A review should be enough as far as advertising goes.

I am interested in the 32Meg one with the little base thingy that you plug it into, but the link for product detail gives me the 64meg version. WTF? I don't want the 64meg version. Tototek, if you guys are reading this thread (and you can actually understand English), please fix your site.

The 32M version uses the same product detail page. They are probably too lazy to make a separate one for the 32M version. The only differences except for the MEGA POWER is:
    *Multi games support, up to 16 games
    *32M big game size support

Yeah I figured.

Anyway what is EPP printer support? What is SPP/ECP printer port? I have absolutely no clue. I don't think Macs ever had those and I've never had to hook up a printer to my PC the 1980's way.

EPP is the printer port where you plug the cable into, and on the adaptor to get it connected to the computer. It works on my PC, which was bought about 4 years ago.

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

SPP = Unidirectional (Used on original PC and XT's) Output only.. Can have 4-bits input via "Nibble Mode"..
    EPP = Bi-directional
    ECP = Same as ECP, but faster, used for scanners, and alike..

(it's more technical than that, but that's the easy way to remember them)
    Last edited by evildragon; 08-13-2007 at 03:48 PM.
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

More human than human Nameless One system's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by megabomberman
    One thing though, since they are roms, is the quality still that shitty rom quality that really degenerates the experience....
    Is this some sort of joke? If it isn't, oh boy. The ROM images of games you'll find on the net are byte-perfect carbon copies of the data stored on the ROM memory chips in Mega Drive carts. If I were to load up a one of them on a real Mega Drive it would be exactly the same as when run from a retail cart.

YM3438 Master! ESWAT Veteran evildragon's Avatar

I think what was meant was, the sensation just isn't the same, as the real thing...
    Customized Sega Genesis Model 1 - VA3. Energy efficient with buck converters instead of LM7805's.

Thread Information