Quantcast

Page 104 of 107 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107 LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 1594

Thread: Nintendo Switch (Official Thread)

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

OMG!

It just dawned on me that I've only been looking at that picture with the system in handheld form. WTF are they expecting you to do when playing it on the big screen? Have a 10-foot audio cable across the livingroom plugged to your head? Now it seems even more ridiculous.

I know this is a DS game, but will this be a new trend for Nintendo? To release DLC season pass with far less content then main game, days within each other and of game release, and with price tag higher then main game?

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

Well, that sucks. And here I bought the collector's edition.

well that's nintendo for you.

I would comment that I hate this sort of practice, but I'll probably get called out as looking through "rose tinted glasses"...

I haven't seen this mentioned here but imo a huge kick in the nuts happened to nintendo and the switch during e3. I'm a huge monster hunter fan and the new major monster hunter game isn't just going to be multiplat (ps4 and xboxone) it's not going to be released for switch at all! pretty big surprise to me and again a testament that 3rd party developers are really shitting on the switch power.
    Last edited by bultje112; 06-18-2017 at 12:36 PM.

Don't get caught up in power because we've already seen some marvelous looking games for the Switch. Third party developers just lack faith in the console at the moment and I guarantee if sales remain steady and high from now until the new year, developers will be begging to release their software on it and we will see evidence come E3 2018. Mark my words.

Edit: Being fair, I don't think Nintendo has complete faith in it yet. besides, if Nintendo wanted a specific 3rd party game on its console(s), it could have it done. A GTA game could come to the Switch as could a Wolfenstein. Nintendo needs to spend some cabbage and make it worthwhile to the developer.

Old School Sega 4 Ever! Master of Shinobi Lan Di's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post

#lol Switch voice chat
    Damn! What a cluster fuck.

Im no hardware or software engineer, so why would nintendo design the switch to need that? Is the switch not capable of a talk feature?

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCU View Post
    Don't get caught up in power because we've already seen some marvelous looking games for the Switch. Third party developers just lack faith in the console at the moment and I guarantee if sales remain steady and high from now until the new year, developers will be begging to release their software on it and we will see evidence come E3 2018. Mark my words.
    Why would they have faith in what is essentially following the footsteps of the failed NVidia Shield?

Edit: Being fair, I don't think Nintendo has complete faith in it yet. besides, if Nintendo wanted a specific 3rd party game on its console(s), it could have it done. A GTA game could come to the Switch as could a Wolfenstein. Nintendo needs to spend some cabbage and make it worthwhile to the developer.
    How often has that happened? Nintendo will continue to act like everything else exists outside of their realm, and that they are above what the rest of the industry thinks they need to do.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher avlon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cabear View Post
    Im no hardware or software engineer, so why would nintendo design the switch to need that? Is the switch not capable of a talk feature?
    Nintendo loves convoluted setups. This is the same company that:

*makes people plug the classic controller into a wiimote instead of just selling a wireless controller.

*making it so that Wii games played on a Wii U pad still need a separate wiimote to play on a 6 inch screen instead of using the buttons right
    on the pad itself.

*makes people jump through hoops to even use the Wii mode on the Wii U.

*makes transferring data from the Wii to the Wii U far more convoluted than it needs to be.

*has the ridiculous friend code system instead of user names.

Maybe they figure that enabling both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wouldn't be good for performance. With this wired setup, I see a lot of flying Switch consoles as people get themselves tangled up.
    Check out and Welcome to my https://goo.gl/KuSvJc Youtube Channel

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Why would they have faith in what is essentially following the footsteps of the failed NVidia Shield?
    Because the public are buying them as fast as Nintendo can make them, and developer/publishers can see this. If the audience is there, developers and publishers will support the platform. And hey, guess what...there is already a large audience for a machine that's only been out for three months.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    How often has that happened? Nintendo will continue to act like everything else exists outside of their realm, and that they are above what the rest of the industry thinks they need to do.
    That sort of thinking leads to successes like the DS and the Wii. As Henry Ford once said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses". The games industry and games playing audience are no different in this. There's this idea that having a console that's faster and more powerful somehow equates to a better experience - when all you get is the same old shit, running at the same old shitty frame-rate; just at a higher resolution.

Nintendo seem to be doing pretty well by doing something different. It might not always work out (Wii U and to a lesser extent the 3DS) but that's the price of trying to explore different ways in which people play games.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty View Post
    Because the public are buying them as fast as Nintendo can make them, and developer/publishers can see this. If the audience is there, developers and publishers will support the platform. And hey, guess what...there is already a large audience for a machine that's only been out for three months.

That sort of thinking leads to successes like the DS and the Wii. As Henry Ford once said "If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses". The games industry and games playing audience are no different in this. There's this idea that having a console that's faster and more powerful somehow equates to a better experience - when all you get is the same old shit, running at the same old shitty frame-rate; just at a higher resolution.

Nintendo seem to be doing pretty well by doing something different. It might not always work out (Wii U and to a lesser extent the 3DS) but that's the price of trying to explore different ways in which people play games.
    which isn't fast at all. people need to stop looking through their nintendo glasses. the first few months of wii u saw nearly similar sales as the switch now and with one difference. the 3rd party support for the switch is even worse than the initial 3rd party support for the wii u. and switch now losing this new big monster hunter game from japan is clearly an unexpected blow.

The Cat in the Hat Hero of Algol NeoVamp's Avatar

I'll never understand the whole "WHOOHOO NEW NINTENDO CONSOLE!" hype, especially after the unsupported failure that was the WiiU.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoVamp View Post
    I'll never understand the whole "WHOOHOO NEW NINTENDO CONSOLE!" hype, especially after the unsupported failure that was the WiiU.
    I personally always wanted Nintendo to succeed with Sega down over Sony and Microsoft. But their gimmicks, terrible controllers and terrible online setups put them at a distant third to me. Wake up already, Nintendo.

Thread Information