Quantcast

Page 2 of 131 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 1951

Thread: Nintendo Switch (Official Thread)

  1. #16
    Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    I love it when people bring up the "Wii sold 100 million, gimmicks do work" argument.

    The Wii is the only console in history that you can sell to a granny.
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

  2. #17
    Wildside Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    yes just like people complained about the gimmicks of the DS's dual screens and the 3DS's 3D. except the DS has sold 150 million+ and the 3DS 50 million+.

    i for one am glad that nintendo keeps spewing out the gimmicky stuff because the predictable internet reaction is just too good to miss.

  3. #18
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,157
    Rep Power
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    yes just like people complained about the gimmicks of the DS's dual screens and the 3DS's 3D. except the DS has sold 150 million+ and the 3DS 50 million+.

    i for one am glad that nintendo keeps spewing out the gimmicky stuff because the predictable internet reaction is just too good to miss.
    You mean like yours? You're right. You ARE hilarious.

  4. #19
    Master of Shinobi Soulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,355
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    i for one am glad that nintendo keeps spewing out the gimmicky stuff because the predictable internet reaction is just too good to miss.
    Me too, but for a different reason. Even though i don't like those gimmicks, i still want Nintendo to exist. Without them console gaming will be dead for me, I mean i already only rely on PC gaming nowadays but if i could afford it, a Nintendo console can offer some completely different exclusives, as most other PS4/XBOX games exist on PC anyway.

  5. #20
    Wildside Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    You mean like yours? You're right. You ARE hilarious.
    no i mean the people who are up in arms because nintendo doesn't cater to their every demand

    i don't even play modern games and couldn't care less. the last nintendo product i purchased was in 1989...

    i still enjoy a good show of internet outrage tho

  6. #21
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,157
    Rep Power
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    no i mean the people who are up in arms because nintendo doesn't cater to their every demand

    i don't even play modern games and couldn't care less. the last nintendo product i purchased was in 1989...

    i still enjoy a good show of internet outrage tho
    Good for you.

  7. #22
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulis View Post
    With the current state of things, it's impossible for Nintendo to go head to head with Sony and try to defeat them using just a powerful hardware with a standard controller. Sony does that too and it's more popular, has better marketing, more mainstream games, etc. I'm not even sure that Nintendo can even beat Microsoft this way.

    So they have to do something gimmicky and different. The Wii would never be able to win the PS3 and 360 if it was a standard, powerful machine like those. They tried that with the Gamecube. It was a standard, powerful console with a standard controller. It ended being what, 3rd place? So they need to differentiate themselves. They need to make a cheap console with a successful gimmick that everyone will want to buy because the PS4 won't be able to do that, so maybe they can sell a lot of systems if people want it along with their PS4s, as a second system. I believe the WiiU failed because it was more expensive than it should be. They need a cheaper gimmick maybe.

    Actually making a similar standard console and go head to head with Sony won't work, especially today with Nintendo being less popular than they ever were. Personally, i would prefer a standard console and i don't like gimmicks, Wii was my least favorite Nintendo console. But it doesn't make sense for them and i can see why.
    Seriously, who's side you on?

    Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    people are cute. the hardcore gamer crowd made the same whiny complaints about the Wii and its motion controls and then the console sold over 100 million units.

    nintendo does its own thing. sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. one thing's for certain: if they made a 'standard' console like some of you want it would fail horribly against the competition for reasons stated above.

    by the way, companies patent stuff all the time, so it's probably better not to jump to conclusions.
    You seriously consider the Wii a success...

  8. #23
    Master of Shinobi Soulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,355
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Seriously, who's side you on?
    I don't understand your question...

    You mean if i agree with what the company is doing? As a business practice, considering the circumstances, yes, it makes sense. Do i like it? No. I would prefer a powerful, standard console (like the Gamecube during 6th gen) but i know that this will be impossible to succeed today and it would probably hurt Nintendo enough, to become the next Sega. So if it's gimmicks that keeps the company alive, so be it i suppose. It's that bad, yeah.


    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    You seriously consider the Wii a success...
    It was a HUGE success.... for them. For me and you it might be a different story.

  9. #24
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,157
    Rep Power
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    You seriously consider the Wii a success...
    I'm just as baffled as you. But I wouldn't even argue with this guy. He's the sort that will argue that the sky is green just to get a rise out of people. His comments are empty and he has plainly stated he has zero desire to make for reasonable conversation in this page.

    As for the Wii being a success? Sure, it sold well. Was it successful as a video game console? Fuck no. It sold party games and shovelware for more than 90% of its run. It is much closer to being a successful meat product than it was a video game machine.

  10. #25
    Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    Nintendo should just make the NX a handheld controller with a screen, and have it interact with traditional big-screen Nintendo games you can buy on their eshop, and play through an app on PC, Xbox, Playstation, Apple/Android TV, Wii U, Wii, Smart TVs, etc.

  11. #26
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    yes just like people complained about the gimmicks of the DS's dual screens and the 3DS's 3D. except the DS has sold 150 million+ and the 3DS 50 million+.

    i for one am glad that nintendo keeps spewing out the gimmicky stuff because the predictable internet reaction is just too good to miss.
    Nintendo also did well in the portable market even before gimmicks and coloured battery back lit screens. It's called "GREAT GAMES!!!!"

    Meanwhile, the touchscreen is the bane of the DS. And to make matters worse, it seems like Nintendo is forcing companies to make use of this crap gimmick in many games where it feels completely tacked on and forced to use it without the option to say "No to gimmicks!"



    And the 3D in 3DS killed all the 2D games on 3DS. And, well, that really sucks. So I wouldn't exactly celebrate that either...

    Quote Originally Posted by Soulis View Post
    Me too, but for a different reason. Even though i don't like those gimmicks, i still want Nintendo to exist. Without them console gaming will be dead for me, I mean i already only rely on PC gaming nowadays but if i could afford it, a Nintendo console can offer some completely different exclusives, as most other PS4/XBOX games exist on PC anyway.
    Nintendo should of made a console capable of lasting 10+ years like the PS3 and 360 instead. Having to upgrade all the time is too much like PC gaming anyway. That and it pisses people like me off, because I'd rather buy games for consoles that last instead of being forced to upgrade already to something... that fails yet again. So Nintendo better smarten up before they lose all dedicated gamers.



    And seriously. Who even plays Nintendo consoles anymore? Not folks around my age. Everybody is too busy talking about Sony and Microsoft to even realize Nintendo still exists. So instead of kissing Nintendo's ass for being idiots. I'm gonna call them out on their stupidity. That's how you help Nintendo out. Not by kissing ass.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    no i mean the people who are up in arms because nintendo doesn't cater to their every demand

    i don't even play modern games and couldn't care less. the last nintendo product i purchased was in 1989...

    i still enjoy a good show of internet outrage tho
    And you're defending Nintendo's current ways.... .... TROLL!!!

  12. #27
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,157
    Rep Power
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knuckle Duster View Post
    Nintendo should just make the NX a handheld controller with a screen, and have it interact with traditional big-screen Nintendo games you can buy on their eshop, and play through an app on PC, Xbox, Playstation, Apple/Android TV, Wii U, Wii, Smart TVs, etc.
    ^Given a proper handheld. I'd always envisioned a next gen system as one that is, both, handheld and console. The PSP almost had it. How great would it be to just take your games on the go. Then sit back when you're home and watch them at full resolution on a big screen.

  13. #28
    Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    And the 3D in 3DS killed all the 2D games on 3DS. And, well, that really sucks. So I wouldn't exactly celebrate that either...
    To shreds you say?


  14. #29
    Master of Shinobi Soulis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,355
    Rep Power
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    And seriously. Who even plays Nintendo consoles anymore? Not folks around my age. Everybody is too busy talking about Sony and Microsoft to even realize Nintendo still exists. So instead of kissing Nintendo's ass for being idiots. I'm gonna call them out on their stupidity. That's how you help Nintendo out. Not by kissing ass.
    Dunno, i also don't play on Nintendo consoles anymore. Or any console generally. I'm fully PC this gen.

    Also, what would you suggest for them to do now? It's either gimmicks or non-existence for them now. You know what was their biggest mistake? WiiU. The first Wii managed to create a huge base, the biggest they had after the SNES days. The gimmick payed off. But instead of trying to market a new, proper console with proper games at current specs, since they had people's attention, they offered yet ANOTHER GIMMICK! Because that's exactly what the WiiU was. They even gave it the same name, in case someone was unsure if it was a gimmicky product.

    But this time they couldn't keep what they earned with the Wii because people were tired of gimmicks. And new blood wouldn't like the WiiU because it didn't really do anything new. Tablets/smartphones were a thing already and the WiiU tablet was below average in comparison. Plus, it was too expensive. People just didn't care about it as they did with the Wii, which was cheap enough to dive in.

    So now they lost everything and have to get people's attention again like they did with the Wii. And after that, maybe, they can become relevant again by offering something with proper specs. But we are talking about several years into the future now, who knows what things will look like by then.

  15. #30
    Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crom View Post
    yes just like people complained about the gimmicks of the DS's dual screens and the 3DS's 3D. except the DS has sold 150 million+ and the 3DS 50 million+.

    i for one am glad that nintendo keeps spewing out the gimmicky stuff because the predictable internet reaction is just too good to miss.
    What about the home console market? the Wii U is the poorest selling console since the Saturn in the 90's.

    And you have Call Of Duty:Ghosts selling 0.3% on the Wii U. Thats right, 99.7% of the game's sales were on other platforms.

    Do you guys have any idea why Activision/Infinity Ward doesn't make Call Of Duty games for the Wii U anymore? I can't figure out why
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •