Quantcast

Page 3 of 131 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 1951

Thread: Nintendo Switch (Official Thread)

  1. #31
    Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2,237
    Rep Power
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zetastrike View Post
    When I hear "hardcore" all I can think of is some fat slob sitting at his keyboard, judging others for not having the same opinions as him.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrIPxlFzDi0&t=1m40s

    The song really should be titled "Mick Jagger predicts the internet in '65" .

  2. #32
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I assure you you always have some questions. But I'm too stoned for that now.

  3. #33
    Raging in the Streets Yharnamresident's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    3,249
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    I know a lot of you guys dislike RTU, but this video is really relevant and one of his best:



    maybe skip to 5:18
    Certified F-Zero GX fanboy

  4. #34
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,152
    Rep Power
    205

    Default

    I enjoy listening to ReviewTechUSA. He is on point on most of his rants.

  5. #35
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Hey, yeah. That was a great vid.

  6. #36
    Raging in the Streets
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,150
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    The Wii was a success in that Nintendo wanted to make a ton of money and the Wii in fact made a ton of money.

    The problem with the Wii's success is that Nintendo suddenly realised that marketable gimmicks can in fact make them a ton of money, however they have since failed to make a marketable gimmick, and their games just aren't fun enough anymore to sell on that alone. There are good games on the Wii U, however most of them aren't by Nintendo.

  7. #37
    Grandmaster's Reckoning ESWAT Veteran Knuckle Duster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,038
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    Nintendo is an obtuse toy company that is 10 years behind the competition, without developer support.

    They can't compete with a normal, powerful game console. People wouldn't buy it anyway, and those willing to casually drop a few hundred bucks on a simple game appliance are clearly buying PS4 or Xbox One right now. A lot of game enthusiasts have jumped to PC. The NX needs to be a gimmick, and Nintendo needs to find a new way to get their ecosystem into living rooms.


    Hopefully they go 3rd party like Sega and their games get released on Steam. That's probably the only way I will ever pay money for Nintendo products.

  8. #38
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,152
    Rep Power
    205

    Default

    Like I said, my dream for a next gen system is one that is, both, handheld and home console. When they announced the NX, I was personally stoked bc of the possibility of this feature. And, like with the Wii U, they were also aiming for the hardcore gaming crowd; which, as it turned out, the Wii U did the exact oposite. They are basically promoting the NX as the most powerful gaming console ever. With this controller, I don't see how they can implement it in hardcore games.

    Just about the only cool feature is that it has a port for flash memory. Which could be the site for game data entry. That could mean the quasi return to "cartridge gaming" on the console front, albeit in card format. And if they made it possible through the port on the controller, that would be a very cool feature.

  9. #39
    Master of Shinobi Hidden_Darkness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    WI
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,464
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    does this controller patent remind anyone else of the turbo touch 360 for genesis and snes?

  10. #40
    Outrunner Mad Moham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hidden_Darkness View Post
    does this controller patent remind anyone else of the turbo touch 360 for genesis and snes?
    I can't believe that those controllers had their own commercial.

    Having said that, yes now that you've pointed it out, it does look a little like a turbo touch controller.

  11. #41
    Nameless One AdamL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azonicrider View Post
    I love it when people bring up the "Wii sold 100 million, gimmicks do work" argument.

    The Wii is the only console in history that you can sell to a granny.
    You say this as if it were a bad thing. Which it isn't.

    As for the thread topic, why should Nintendo even give a shit about what "hardcore gamers" think about anything? Stuff like Candy Crush Saga is a zillion times more popular than any hardcore game will ever be. There's absolutely no reason for them to waste resources catering to a niche audience that is rapidly becoming completely irrelevant.

  12. #42
    Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    39
    Posts
    19,152
    Rep Power
    205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    You say this as if it were a bad thing. Which it isn't.

    As for the thread topic, why should Nintendo even give a shit about what "hardcore gamers" think about anything? Stuff like Candy Crush Saga is a zillion times more popular than any hardcore game will ever be. There's absolutely no reason for them to waste resources catering to a niche audience that is rapidly becoming completely irrelevant.
    You speak out of your ass. Since when has the hardcore gaming crowd become irrelevant? If anything it is a crowd that has exponentially grown. There is a reason why Sony and Microsoft are on the lead on the console front and Nintendo is lagging behind. Why should they care? Because this is the same crowd they catered to from the start. They simply have forgotten that. Who gives a shit about Candy Crush when we're talking about console gaming? Just because everyone has a smart phone or a tablet does not mean the hardcore gaming crowd went elsewhere. That is fucking idiotic.

  13. #43
    Road Rasher Loggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    256
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    You say this as if it were a bad thing. Which it isn't.

    As for the thread topic, why should Nintendo even give a shit about what "hardcore gamers" think about anything? Stuff like Candy Crush Saga is a zillion times more popular than any hardcore game will ever be. There's absolutely no reason for them to waste resources catering to a niche audience that is rapidly becoming completely irrelevant.
    Core gaming is fine, as it's actually bigger than ever before in the history of this industry.

    It's Nintendo who's becoming increasingly irrelevant.

  14. #44
    Master of Shinobi Mega Drive Bowlsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,809
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamL View Post
    You say this as if it were a bad thing. Which it isn't.

    As for the thread topic, why should Nintendo even give a shit about what "hardcore gamers" think about anything? Stuff like Candy Crush Saga is a zillion times more popular than any hardcore game will ever be. There's absolutely no reason for them to waste resources catering to a niche audience that is rapidly becoming completely irrelevant.
    The games industry is now larger than both the movie and music industry for the first time in history and is worth astronomic sums of money thanks largely to the hardcore gaming community. Are you seriously suggesting that a proud old games company like Nintendo should stop giving a shit what the main core of the gaming community actually thinks and wants? The same community that put Nintendo on the map in the first place back in the 80's and 90's and made them the success they were? You'll have to explain that logic to me.

  15. #45
    Nameless One AdamL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    59
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    You speak out of your ass. Since when has the hardcore gaming crowd become irrelevant? If anything it is a crowd that has exponentially grown. There is a reason why Sony and Microsoft are on the lead on the console front and Nintendo is lagging behind. Why should they care? Because this is the same crowd they catered to from the start. They simply have forgotten that. Who gives a shit about Candy Crush when we're talking about console gaming? Just because everyone has a smart phone or a tablet does not mean the hardcore gaming crowd went elsewhere. That is fucking idiotic.
    Nintendo didn't cater to hardcore gamers from the start. The NES was clearly marketed as a toy for children that families could casually enjoy together, if anything the Wii was a return to those roots.

    Casual games are the present and the future. If Nintendo as a company would like to continue to exist, that's the market that they should be targeting. Traditional consoles might be viable for a while longer, but it seems to me as the market continues to become more homogenized and development costs continue to rise the landscape will just move towards PCs.

    I mean, we have so-called hardcore gamers referring to the Wii as a failure when it sold a billion consoles and was home to the best selling single platform game of all time. That's a perfect example as to why Nintendo shouldn't care what those people think...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •