Quantcast

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Project Dream - Dreamcast 2 "announced"

SEGA OF JAPAN INTERNS ARE ON BOARD YOU GUYS
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    And boy do people have rose tinted glasses about the Dreamcast. It was 90% N64/PS1/PC ports with some nice exclusives that weren't really all that great when you look back at them (Sonic Adventure *cough*). The controller was absolute garbage too.
    It's really crazy how well you nailed the Dreamcast. Why this system is so popular is a mystery to me...

Outrunner

Looks like MrSega's been outed

http://segabits.com/blog/2015/12/22/...comment-285562

Quote: "Over at the SEGAbits forums, a new member named EternalHope has been laying out his many plans for such a project and I am pretty certain EternalHope is Patrick Lawson. But in lieu of a confirmation that they are one in the same, I will refer to EternalHope and Patrick Lawson as separate individuals. To be quite honest, EternalHope has been all over the map. One day, SEGA is successful and has a ton of money so they should get back into the console world by hitting a market that no other console maker has yet to hit, another day it is said that SEGA is suffering and needs to do this to get back on top. In his words, the plan is “To inform Sega of Japan that there’s a NICHE market for another home consumer product.” What is that niche market? I’d be lying if I said I knew exactly what it was. From what I can gather, this niche market is comprised of SEGA hardware fans, people who would buy an Ouya and NEO GEO X, casuals, and fans of digital SEGA titles. If I’m totally off base on this niche that has yet to firmly nailed down, EternalHope or one of the Project Dream leads can describe this niche in the comments and I’ll gladly make an edit.

Then here is the forum thread:
    http://segabits.com/forums/index.php?topic=3845.105

Quote: I can't do this. Fuck that, i'm not reading all of that garbage.

This just came up in a comment:

I know enternalhope. His former name was mrsega at sega-16.com. He is a fraud and got banned by the mods there. He was also active on ‘dreamcasttalk and got banned there. He used to say that sega orbi is a console. It turned out to be a holographic zoo. He wants followers to earn money. Eternalhope is alzo zachary morris. He is right about a lot and has confidential news. But he mix it with lies. Thats how he runs his biz. But i know the one doing this petition is not enternalhope. The pattern is clearly not the same. Signing the petition does not hurt. And for what its worth we all want a sega console that is succesfull. Succesfull os the word."

And

Quote "I guessed that Eternal Hope was Zack Morris when he first appeared and he denied it but said he knew him... I would not be surprised if it was him. He does this every few years, drums up hype from the frothing idiots and then when it all falls apart he disappears.

Last time I dealt with him personally and his followers... Last time he was trying to convince people that the Orbi was a SEGA console, and before that he was trying to convince people it was the RingEdge... And before that it was even more of a paper thin load of horseshit...

I like SEGA the way they are, I don't want or need a new console... I just want new, quality games, what matters more?

And

The Fail Train is leaving the station, MrSega is at the wheel. All Aboard!!!

Who is MrSega? I did a quick search on here and found that he was quite a prolific poster on these forums for about 2 years, but it seems to me that he was a prominent figure in some way?

Can someone give me a brief explanation or am I just opening a can of worms by asking?

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

He's a nutjob who spammed the forums with his beliefs that Sega were resurrecting with a new console. Either would start a new thread daily or would hijack existing ones to post endless shit like patents and other such crap he would use to twist, to try and get people to believe him.

He kept proclaiming Sega's secret project, at the time, "Orbi", was the name for their new company (Sega Orbi Enterprises) as well as their new console. In reality, it was a fucking interactive zoo co-produced with the BBC.
    Last edited by The Jackal; 12-23-2015 at 01:30 PM.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ORBI~!
    "Two and two continue to make four, in spite of the whine of the amateur for three, or the cry of the critic for five." - James McNeill Whistler

Raging in the Streets

Remember when everyone thought MrSega had died?

I think I'm glad I joined this forum after MrSega stopped posting then.

As much as I would love to see some new Sega hardware for the home, the idea of a new Dreamcast makes no sense to me. One issue of this whole project that I've not seen mentioned yet is that someone would need to offer technical support and warranty etc. Maybe I'm missing something but I don't think Sega have the infrastructure in place to offer a decent level of customer support for this kind of product. But maybe they still could, I don't know.

Road Rasher

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Soulis View Post
    Lol

I didn't see anyone defending Nintendo (the company) around here.

Judging from your recent posts, you seem to be a little insecure about your favorite company. Calm down.
    Okay, i did seem a little overboard about it you may had a point but the fact that most people hear never seems to shit talk Nintendo or Sony seems a bit vauge and most posts being "I HATE SEGA" or "I HATE SONIC & SEGA" or "THE DREAMCAST SUCKS DICK etc.." You don't see me going around saying i hate Nintendo & Sony for the most idiotic reasons (like what your doing now with this thread so far and tons others)

All i'm saying is, where's this massive hatred coming from? What happened to loving consoles for what they are and stop listening to YouTubers on what they said which system is winner plus which sales got fuck-tons of money during production.

I cannot for the life of me stand this but yet if this fucking thread about bringing back arcade 2D shoot 'em ups or a Sega Master System or Sega Megadrive/Genesis HD console i bet you guys would've jumped on board in a instance!!

And lastly, if your gonna call me butthurt fanboy of something i personally liked and had great memories before getting a Gamecube & PlayStation 2 but it didn't stop me from having short term memory and think popularity and sales matter! And this fucking post goes for not just him but for EVERYONE up in here!

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Moham View Post
    I think I'm glad I joined this forum after MrSega stopped posting then.
    i dunno, he sounds like an interesting chap - i would no doubt subscribe to his newsletter

Orbi, guys. Orbi.

I was a lot more active on here (at least as a lurker) when he was alway spewing his BS a few years ago. I didn't know he got banned, I just assumed everyone knew he was full of crap and would call him out on it and he got disinterested in posting here.

Do you have TP??? Raging in the Streets Cornholio857's Avatar

Yeah, I'm 99% sure this is MrSega. By using whois for projectdream.co the following is found:

Domain Name: PROJECTDREAM.CO
    Domain ID: D72170374-CO
    Sponsoring Registrar: GODADDY.COM, INC.
    Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 146
    Registrar URL (registration services): www.godaddy.com
    Registrant ID: CR211658275
    Registrant Name: Evening Star
    Registrant Address1: 4859 TUTWILER AVE
    Registrant City: Memphis
    Registrant State/Province: Tennessee
    Registrant Postal Code: 38122
    Registrant Country: United States
    Registrant Country Code: US
    Registrant Phone Number: +1.9013884552
    Registrant Email: lao.dara@hotmail.com

IIRC, MrSega is from Tennessee.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DSwizzy145 View Post
    I cannot for the life of me stand this but yet if this fucking thread about bringing back arcade 2D shoot 'em ups or a Sega Master System or Sega Megadrive/Genesis HD console i bet you guys would've jumped on board in a instance!!
    A new Genesis clone with proper emulation or even proper clone hardware? That would be nice I suppose, would hopefully kill off those crappy atgames machines.
    A "new" system called the Genesis 2 that's just a PC in a crappy box? That's just dumb.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

The Cat in the Hat Shining Hero NeoVamp's Avatar

in a console form factor similar to Valve's Steam Machines.
    y not jaguar case?

Thread Information