Quantcast

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: There are no limits! Top 5 SMS moments to me

Master System There are no limits! Top 5 SMS moments to me

Master System vs Amiga:

Amiga is a 16 bit computer but R-Type proved to be superior in detais to SMS:

"I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Master System vs Arcade:

The game were one those that i did play in arcades. The SMS version is very closed to arcade.

PS: The cartridge had only 1 mbit/128 kb.
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Mmm? Watching both R-types side-by-side the Amiga version seems superior in every way.

Even if we include the Master system's FM audio expansion, it still sounds better on the Amiga

EDIT: On second look, it seems some backgrounds are either missing animations or outright missing in the Amiga version.

Master System vs PC Engine:

PC Engine is a 16 bit Video game but the Dragon's Curse (Dragon's Trap) not was better than SMS version. The SMS not only is the same but not is racist. (blonde hair characters and blue eyes)

PS: PC Engine's version were released later than SMS.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    Mmm? Watching both R-types side-by-side the Amiga version seems superior in every way.

Even if we include the Master system's FM audio expansion, it still sounds better on the Amiga

EDIT: On second look, it seems some backgrounds are either missing animations or outright missing in the Amiga version.
    Look carefully in 1st stage: The stars in SMS are moving giving a move feeling. See the amiga 1st stage. Now look to all detais.So i judge sms better with all amiga's handicap. Moreover R-Type had FM sound, but PSG did a good work there.

EDIT: You noted.
    Last edited by segarule; 12-28-2015 at 06:53 PM.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Quote Originally Posted by segarule View Post
    Look carefully in 1st stage: The stars in SMS are moving giving a move feeling. See the amiga 1st stage. Now look to all detais. Moreover R-Type had FM sound, but PSG did a good work there. So i judge sms better with all amiga's handicap.
    I did notice the backgrounds have better animations on the Master System, but I think that's the only advantage it has over the amiga in this regard. Though TBH I think the Master System port of R-type is a bit overrated. It's impressive for the system, but I'd much rather play Power Strike 2

If you take in count the SMS limitations with sprites and backgrounds you will see that R-Type were a great job from Compile. See all stages in Arcade.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Master System vs Genesis:

Forget larger sprites, the map and the additional level.

If you compare the same levels the SMS is more detailed than Genesis:

The 2 versions released in 1993.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Master System vs NES:

Phantasy Stars don't had, don't have and don't will have equivalent. A game released in 1988 against all FF and DW and don't compared.

The member staff Kotaro Hayashida said about PS: "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..."

Merry Christmas to all you my brothers!
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by segarule View Post
    Master System vs PC Engine:

PC Engine is a 16 bit Video game but the Dragon's Curse (Dragon's Trap) not was better than SMS version. The SMS not only is the same but not is racist. (blonde hair characters and blue eyes)

PS: PC Engine's version were released later than SMS.
    SMS: 30fps
    PCE: 60fps

SMS: 4-color sprites
    PCE: 15-color sprites + more detail & shading in tiles

SMS: passwords
    PCE: passwords + back-up saving

The Mark III and Game Gear artwork for MWII/Wonderboy III depict Hu-Man with blonde hair and blue eyes. They just couldn't pull it off on SMS

A better example would be Phantasy Star vs dozens of 16-bit RPGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post

The Mark III and Game Gear artwork for MWII/Wonderboy III depict Hu-Man with blonde hair and blue eyes. They just couldn't pull it off on SMS

A better example would be Phantasy Star vs dozens of 16-bit RPGs.
    Also, I don't get the complaint about the PCE being racist?

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_ Master of Shinobi NeoZeedeater's Avatar

Dragon's Curse is superior on a purely technical level but I definitely prefer the art and controls of Dragon's Trap. The only thing I really like more on TG16 is the frame rate.

I love both versions of R-Type. The SMS version, while impressive for the hardware, doesn't have the kind of detail of the Amiga port overall. Audio is tough to compare. It sounds more advanced on many Amiga tracks but the SMS has that amazing exclusive Super Stage tune that resembles Golvellius and The Guardian Legend.

I haven't compared Choplifter versions in a while. I recall thinking the graphics were better in the arcade but the sensation of speed was better on SMS.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

James Pond 2 on the SMS is ridiculously impressive. Looks nearly on par with the 4th gen versions:

The audio gives it away, but the NES could never pass for a 16bit machine .

If not for the ugly bar on the left, Road Rash is stunning too:

Last edited by Kamahl; 12-25-2015 at 03:01 PM.
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stika View Post
    Also, I don't get the complaint about the PCE being racist?
    Wonderboy and Monsterland are racist, because the main character has blonde hair and is therefore a nazi and the games are therefore nazist propaganda.

Wonderboy III on SMS was a political statement and the rest of any game content is incidental.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Well, if you is ironical here i can to be sarcastic too.

You don´t wanna to argument Only disagree with info what don´t mean nothing. Your text only show how the sms is better.

When hu-man kill a enemy the animation is more visible in SMS. In PCE is more smoothy but incomplete see 0:54 s in vídeo above for example. The enemy dont die it disappear. Where the Hudson did put the 60 FPS?

I saw all colors in characters eyes. With 15 colors sprites could put others except blue ?

Really that you posted it? ok. For noobs is very important.

This subject can be better apreciated here:

http://shinobiman.proboards.com/thre...crollTo=113795

What foolishness! We know that who take care with art box is marketing staff with visual appeal. I presented the gameplay. But in supposition at your weird argument:

1 - you are daltonian because the art box wonder boy don´t have blue eyes and only in japanese box cover art it appear with blonde hair maybe in wonderboy 1 reference:

2- The PCE version all main characters have blue eyes. If it were only hu-man! but all except mouse man. I saw the vídeo totally. Not searching mistakes but with objective in appreciate. But it´s hard see the salesman pig with blue eyes and yet the nurse with blue eyes!

3 - If not racism (not nazism) at least is lack of criativity.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Thread Information