Quantcast

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: There are no limits! Top 5 SMS moments to me

Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Dragon's Curse is superior on a purely technical level but I definitely prefer the art and controls of Dragon's Trap. The only thing I really like more on TG16 is the frame rate.

I love both versions of R-Type. The SMS version, while impressive for the hardware, doesn't have the kind of detail of the Amiga port overall. Audio is tough to compare. It sounds more advanced on many Amiga tracks but the SMS has that amazing exclusive Super Stage tune that resembles Golvellius and The Guardian Legend.

I haven't compared Choplifter versions in a while. I recall thinking the graphics were better in the arcade but the sensation of speed was better on SMS.
    Here we have a serious argument. About WBIII i yet use the argument: if you had a SMS and PCE you would be ready in buy the both versions? If had completed th sms version? I am sure that someone could say this game i already completed it in both cases. Like as said is the same game.

About R-type version i insist just in details. I disagree with you. See the level 1 the background into the room. In árcade the background change from black to Techno lights blinking. The SMS do it very well but the Amiga continue with background black. Now see the level 2 in 5:04 in Amiga. The Glasses are in black in back. In Arcade the glasses are completely transparent. The compile to compensate made a background blue (blue! blue!, now according black tiger is racism too) in back draw blue too to give a transparency effect. The details in levels is more light in SMS.

About Chopfliter, i don´t said that sms version was better than árcade but: The SMS version is very closed to arcade.

Noted what i said about 1 mbit in cartridge?

PS: With FM WB III have better soundtrack in some levels and PCE have ( yet with SMS FM) better soundtrack in others levels. But to me the PSG is very good made by westone
    Last edited by segarule; 12-25-2015 at 10:04 PM.
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

If you can't comprehend a 2D game running at sub 60fps, you shouldn't even comment.

All the main characters have bluish green eyes in the artwork for the Sega versions of MONSTER WORLD II/WONDERBOY III. The game isn't just a sequel to Monsterland, it is a continuation which begins near the end of the previous game... in which the main character has blonde hair. Nobody would have made a big deal about it, but by your own rational it is a knock against the SMS/GG version
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Ah ok. I understood now! 60 fps mean enemies disappearing in screen. Thanks!

You continue insisting in artwork? Man, first go put glasses. you said:

The Mark III and Game Gear artwork for MWII/Wonderboy III depict Hu-Man with blonde hair and blue eyes

The "art box show starts".
    Last edited by segarule; 12-25-2015 at 07:55 PM.
    "I wanted to create something that the Famicom wouldn’t have been able to do..." (Kotaro Hayashida)
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

ding-doaw Raging in the Streets tomaitheous's Avatar

Racists? LOL! Wtf..

Segarule only cares about SMS stuff, only posts about sms stuff. No use arguing with an SMS fanboy.

ding-doaw Raging in the Streets tomaitheous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by segarule View Post

When hu-man kill a enemy the animation is more visible in SMS. In PCE is more smoothy but incomplete see 0:54 s in vídeo above for example. The enemy dont die it disappear. Where the Hudson did put the 60 FPS?
    Maybe you shouldn't comment on games you haven't even played? That youtube video you posted is 30fps, the PCE game runs at 60fps. So that video's missing frames: try instead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHON-_ipSBg or even better yet, trying actually playing the game if you're going to make a comparison between them. Seesh.

It's just a simple port on the PCE, nothing more, but it's superior still. The music itself is superior as well.

Also, I don't see what makes the SMS port superior to the Amiga one. You keep using this word "detailed" but I don't think you know what it really means. Yeah, the first stage is missing part of the BG, it's not in the rest of the stages. Plus, the res is higher on the Amiga, the sprites are better, bigger, and more detailed. The SMS port is a fantastic port, and the Amiga port is no where what the Amiga should be doing, but to say the SMS version looks superior or more detail - really a bit of stretch.

I dunno. Maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Your English is kinda bad.

Quote Originally Posted by tomaitheous View Post
    Racists? LOL! Wtf..

Segarule only cares about SMS stuff, only posts about sms stuff. No use arguing with an SMS fanboy.
    The 60 fps could make disappear this post? I don't post only sms stuff but is more interesting for me the SMS. The fact that im sms fanboy dont invalid my arguments.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Maybe you shouldn't comment on games you haven't even played? That youtube video you posted is 30fps, the PCE game runs at 60fps. So that video's missing frames: try instead - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHON-_ipSBg or even better yet, trying actually playing the game if you're going to make a comparison between them. Seesh.
    You are correct. I did PCE emulator (i know, not is the console) download and dont saw nothing disappearing. But this not were my first claim. I claimed that in pratice the games are same. It gives great merit for SMS.

It's just a simple port on the PCE, nothing more, but it's superior still. The music itself is superior as well.
    Nothing significant. In Brazil we use the expression: "Diferença gritante" what i guess in english could say: "important difference". Not there is that difference.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

Also, I don't see what makes the SMS port superior to the Amiga one. You keep using this word "detailed" but I don't think you know what it really means. Yeah, the first stage is missing part of the BG, it's not in the rest of the stages. Plus, the res is higher on the Amiga, the sprites are better, bigger, and more detailed. The SMS port is a fantastic port, and the Amiga port is no where what the Amiga should be doing, but to say the SMS version looks superior or more detail - really a bit of stretch.
    I dont wanna to be unfair. Someone explain to me: To run R-Type the minimum requirement is an Amiga 500?
    Last edited by segarule; 12-26-2015 at 07:48 PM.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

lets see if i understood correctly, Seesh. When the amiga gameplay presented in video: Stage 5 - Boss with only 6 cells covering it Seesh. Stage 6 - The background with no lights effects/sparkling Seesh (i Got! the 60 fps caused a powerplant blackout). Stage 7 - Simply don't have background.
    Plus others problems already mentioned.
    So you said that 68000 7 Mhz computer with 4096 colors, 512 MB made these garbage more detailed than SMS?

@tomaitheous your evaluation is worst than my english.

PS: No there is racism in games. Capcom changed the title screen in Genesis Street Fighter (western) only to show the 16-bit colors capacity.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

In the actual "creative" artwork for the Sega versions of WBIII/MWII, not only do all of the playable characters have blue/green eyes:

But so do the enemies with the same style eyes:

So it was only the Sega hardware being racist and un-creative.

Also, the game makes you walk over to the console to access the in-game menu to change gear, but the TG-16/PCE version lets the player access the menu from the controller, where us humans tend to be while playing games. So the SMS game is now proven racist, but can please elaborate? Is it the human race it hates? Is there a select list of human racial backgrounds which it was targeting, and just blanket bombed all of us in the name of genocide?

And if you thought that hardware having the color capability to show eye color and then using the same color for variations on the same character is racist, then you're going to hate how racist the upcoming Monster Boy games is:

Or is only blue eye color racist?

lets see if i understood correctly, Seesh. When the amiga gameplay presented in video: Stage 5 - Boss with only 6 cells covering it Seesh. Stage 6 - The background with no lights effects/sparkling Seesh (i Got! the 60 fps caused a powerplant blackout). Stage 7 - Simply don't have background.
    Plus others problems already mentioned.
    So you said that 68000 7 Mhz computer with 4096 colors, 512 MB made these garbage more detailed than SMS?
    Elements are missing from both versions and there are indeed several elements which appear in the SMS version which do not in the Amiga version. But you undermine your own judgement when you claim to be incapable of perceiving resolution, number of on-screen sprites, sprite sizes, slowdown, flicker and the actual detail of everything which is there.

Plus, you're already comparing 16-bit console versions to the rest of your SMS games in this thread and R-Type TG-16 is better in every way. The Amiga is a computer and as such, received endless lackluster ports for a variety of obvious reasons.

60fps in 2D games was standard from the 8-bit generation onward. Wonderboy III/MWII not running at full speed was noticeable to everyone who played it when it came out, as it wasn't on par with 99% of SMS and NES games.

PS: No there is racism in games. Capcom changed the title screen in Genesis Street Fighter (western) only to show the 16-bit colors capacity.
    Capcom had different subtitles for their arcade games in Japan and happened to choose a subtitle for the Genesis version which only made sense to blend into the existing "champion edition". Since PLUS used a different palette, the title screen went from 33 colors to 23 colors, not 16. But title screens, titles and content often change when localized. How could changing a title screen to show less color, even if it had happened literally like that, be "racist"? The SNES version didn't have its title screen changed outside of Japan.
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

In the actual "creative" artwork for the Sega versions of WBIII/MWII, not only do all of the playable characters have blue/green eyes:
    Do you insist in artwork ?!What i claimed were the gameplay in both versions.

So it was only the Sega hardware being racist and un-creative.
    What stupidity. The game "per si" what is markable. In blueyed curse, (Ops!) not only the main characters but the pig salesman, the nurse. You ignored it. So if someone continue following in game appear this feeling. Artwork is other departament.

Elements are missing from both versions and there are indeed several elements which appear in the SMS version which do not in the Amiga version.
    And? Really! what are missing from both versions? hehehehe. I dont compared the SMS with arcade because is obvious for a monkey what there is elements lacking in two versions (AMIGA/SMS). What i did in comparison were take the systems capacities and judge (see the threard´s title) what is one "diferença gritante", important difference.

But you undermine your own judgement when you claim to be incapable of perceiving resolution, number of on-screen sprites, sprite sizes, slowdown, flicker and the actual detail of everything which is there.
    Sprite size i neither will take in consideration because this perspective is ridiculous in R-Type case. But if you like of large sprites Blue Tiger (ops!) so go play Rastan Saga. Sprite size not is an element what causes problems in SMS injury it. Conclusion: you judge the R-Type/Amiga Better?

Plus, you're already comparing 16-bit console versions to the rest of your SMS games in this thread and R-Type TG-16 is better in every way.
    Hahaha Where you got this conclusion? Nes is 16 bit?. Congratulations! In part Joe have reason. Any members don´t know what they are saying.
    Of course, R-Type in PCE is better than SMS. If not, i would have compared with the PCE version in those case.(Where you got what i was comparing all versions of games?) Don´t matter. The Amiga version were the parameter. Therefore each case is one case. The Amiga version is better? See the thread.

The Amiga is a computer and as such, received endless lackluster ports for a variety of obvious reasons.
    And? Amiga have better specs? Amiga R-Type is better?

60fps in 2D games was standard from the 8-bit generation onward. Wonderboy III/MWII not running at full speed was noticeable to everyone who played it when it came out, as it wasn't on par with 99% of SMS and NES games.
    Do you understood what i did analogy between my english and tomaitheous judgement about Amiga R-Type ? Not about Wonderboy Blueyed curse.

Since PLUS used a different palette, the title screen went from 33 colors to 23 colors, not 16. But title screens, titles and content often change when localized. How could changing a title screen to show less color, even if it had happened literally like that, be "racist"?
    Great excuses but if you don´t lived in those period so cannot comprehend what occurred.
    In magazine what i saw in 90´s pointed the News about "government politicies" in US (see Game Sackhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L52h20XAa_s). So the softhouses were forced to adapt the games to social conditions. (the White man punching the black man) In Bare Knuckle 3, the queer in boat were cut in US version.
    Last edited by segarule; 12-31-2015 at 09:29 AM.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

The SNES version didn't have its title screen changed outside of Japan.
    Which version had the same genesis title screen?
    Last edited by segarule; 12-28-2015 at 05:52 PM.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

I know post screenshots too:

Man! Now i noted. What amiga larger sprites! We don't need of backgrounds! Viva os grandes sprites!
    Last edited by segarule; 12-31-2015 at 09:53 AM.
    Don´t let Wii die!!!

WCPO Agent

Nothing can be worse than your english

You made a great list. I owned a SMS and i think I liked every game you listed. But you're not forced to pick up a fight, especially on some fallacious arguments like racism in Dragon's Curse. To be honest, I thought you were joking.

Do you insist in artwork ?!What i claimed were the gameplay in both versions.
    You can't even keep track of your own arguments:

3 - If not racism (not nazism) at least is lack of criativity.

1 - you are daltonian because the art box wonder boy don´t have blue eyes and only in japanese box cover art it appear with blonde hair maybe in wonderboy 1 reference:

No language barrier should prevent you from quardruple posting.

Thread Information