Quantcast

Thread: Retro Komp 2015: Retro Computing and Demoscene Event (Gdańsk, Poland)

Hero of Algol

Kiwi Retro Komp 2015: Retro Computing and Demoscene Event (Gdańsk, Poland)

Event Website
    http://retrokomp.org/?page_id=1610&lang=en_US

Executables and other files
    https://files.scene.org/browse/parti...omploaderror15

Photos
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...3650467&type=3
    https://www.facebook.com/savetheflop...55649508016039
    https://www.facebook.com/savetheflop...55650328015957
    https://www.facebook.com/savetheflop...55600951354228
    https://www.facebook.com/savetheflop...55569224690734
    https://www.facebook.com/savetheflop...55517148029275
    https://www.facebook.com/savetheflop...55155031398820

8-Bit Demos Presentation (from 4:48 until 8:35; then it shows the music competition; then the other stuff the other videos cover better)

Amiga Demos Presentation

Unsorted entries list:
    Last Train To Danzig – GHOSTOWN & HAUJOBB (Amiga AGA)
    WildCat – DMA (Amiga OCS/ECS)
    Black Light – WANTED TEAM & LAMERS (Amiga OCS/ECS)
    20 years of Resistance – RESISTANCE (Amiga OCS/ECS)
    Teapot Genie – CARRION & ACEMAN (Amiga OCS/ECS)
    Bumpy – PHIBRIZZO (Amiga OCS/ECS)
    Roobaalii – WANTED TEAM (Amiga OCS/ECS)
    Hello Demo Scene – OUTSIDERS (Amiga OCS/ECS)

GameDev Competition

Unsorted entries list:
    The Wizard – AXI0MAT, ACEMAN (NES)
    Tanks Furry – JUEN,KOYOT1222,DOOMER (Amiga OCS)
    Quarrion – MATOSIMI,PG,POISON (Atari XL/XE)
    Turbo Snail – BOCIANU,KRIS3D (Atari XL/XE)
    Alter Ego – ASMAN (Amiga OCS)
    Tronowo – TOM RAIN (Commodore 64,Commodore PET)
    Crazy Preist – SORDAN,ASZU,JMD (Amiga OCS)
    RPG Tech Demo – SELUR (Amiga OCS)
    LaserBall 2015 – THOMAS IIG (Atari ST)
    Ziggy – PHIBRIZZO (Amiga AGA)
    Anarcho Ride – THOMAS IIG,ALAN G TOMINS,XFALCON (Atari STE/Atari Falcon)
    Dziurak – SPECCY.PL (ZX Spectrum)
    Chase – ASMAN (Amiga OCS)
    Total Pattern – DJPIOTRUS (Amiga OCS)
    PetSCII Poker – RON,SHINE,NVITIA (Commodore 64)
    Sudoku – RISC (Commodore 64)

Event Tour

Last edited by Barone; 01-11-2016 at 09:25 PM.

Smith's Minister of War Hero of Algol Kamahl's Avatar

Ugh I wish people here would stop using the Youtube tags. Those only work with Flash which I have expunged from all of my machines. Well, at least I can just do a Reply-With-Quote and see the link.
    Thanks for posting this!
    This thread needs more... ENGINEERS

I like the YouTube tags. Thanks to them, I can watch YouTube videos without opening a new tab,

Thanks for sharing this Barone. I think Last Train to Danzig had the greatest effects and Wildcat the best music.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

But the VIDEO tag also puts the videos on the page (and supports more than youtube, even if that's all it's ever used for), why use the more limited YOUTUBE one? When I did have flash the YOUTUBE tag didn't even use the right Youtube player.

Hero of Algol

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl View Post
    But the VIDEO tag also puts the videos on the page (and supports more than youtube, even if that's all it's ever used for)
    This is not true.

why use the more limited YOUTUBE one? When I did have flash the YOUTUBE tag didn't even use the right Youtube player.
    It's not my fault if you decided to live your life without flash, without Windows, etc.
    Those tags have always worked fine for me and I think for most people as well. I can't find the post now, but back when Joe Redifer created the script he stated that the [video] tag was far worse and asked us to use the youtube one instead.

I really thought people would be able to simply enjoy this thread because it's not everyday we can see so much new software being developed for those platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by Barone View Post
    I can't find the post now, but back when Joe Redifer created the script he stated that the [video] tag was far worse and asked us to use the youtube one instead.
    Joe also can't tell his Genesis recordings are too green and that his tag doesn't support HTML5 or the current youtube player. If anyone is visiting this site using an iPhone, all those videos you posted don't appear to them. I dunno how many people with iPhones are interested in retro games but we're still talking 94 million potential visitors in the US alone. Neither does Chrome for Android AFAIK, so only those using alternative browsers get to see the lovely videos.

Flash is essentially dead as far as Adobe is concerned, even their authoring tool is being replaced. It's full of security holes and eats battery life like a golden retriever eats pasta. So is the YOUTUBE tag since Joe isn't on the site anymore and if it ever needs an update, it won't get one. At least the VIDEO tag will keep getting updates every time the forum software is updated. Just stop using the damn tag.

Also I can enjoy the thread just fine even if you're using an outdated, abandoned, inconvenient tag, much like I can enjoy Game Sack and their green genesis videos. You should know that better than anyone no?

Removed dog video because Barone is a party pooper.
    Last edited by Kamahl; 01-12-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Hero of Algol

Joe also can't tell his Genesis recordings are too green and that his tag doesn't support HTML5 or the current youtube player. If anyone is visiting this site using an iPhone, all those videos you posted don't appear to them. I dunno how many people with iPhones are interested in retro games but we're still talking 94 million potential visitors in the US alone. Neither does Chrome for Android AFAIK, so only those using alternative browsers get to see the lovely videos.

Flash is essentially dead as far as Adobe is concerned, even their authoring tool is being replaced. It's full of security holes and eats battery life like a golden retriever eats pasta. So is the YOUTUBE tag since Joe isn't on the site anymore and if it ever needs an update, it won't get one. At least the VIDEO tag will keep getting updates every time the forum software is updated. Just stop using the damn tag.

Also I can enjoy the thread just fine even if you're using an outdated, abandoned, inconvenient tag, much like I can enjoy Game Sack and their green genesis videos. You should know that better than anyone no?
    Gotcha, smart-ass. Why didn't you post about it in the feedback section of the forum instead of bogging down my thread?

Relevant - Flash on the left:
    Keep this kind of crap to yourself.

Gotcha, smart-ass. Why didn't you post about it in the feedback section of the forum instead of bogging down my thread?
    Because this thread is relevant. I don't mind people posting songs on the "what are you listening to" thread with the youtube tag. I care that the videos of a cool retro event are inaccessible, or at least needlessly inconvenient to access, to a substantial amount of people on this thread because of a poor choice of forum tag. I want you to change that in particular.

EDIT On Topic: One thing that I didn't like very much were the Amiga games in the compo. A port of Alter Ego (a NES game) recommending an ECS chipset and a 68020 CPU? Why? Or Crazy Priest requiring 2MB of RAM. Tanks Furry (odd name...) seemed really cool though, I've always liked those tank games.

EDIT2: Ok fine I'll remove the dog video.
    Last edited by Kamahl; 01-12-2016 at 09:02 PM.

Hero of Algol

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Keep this kind of crap to yourself.
    Seriously, are the mods asleep?

Flash is the devil, but these videos work just fine on my Android phone, so I don't know what he's going on about.
    Last edited by Tower of Power; 01-14-2016 at 01:25 PM.

Thread Information