Quantcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Possible rainbow banding fix [idea]

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker

You will hit your "bandwith limit" once the image is being projected onto something
    But regardless, the VDP doesn't even output pixels sharp enough to justify a CXA2075.
    The extra bandwith is nice to have but it will only capture the same, already non-ideal input.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by rama2 View Post
    You will hit your "bandwith limit" once the image is being projected onto something
    But regardless, the VDP doesn't even output pixels sharp enough to justify a CXA2075.
    The extra bandwith is nice to have but it will only capture the same, already non-ideal input.
    Bandwidth limits in this case are totally irrelevant. If i can display a 1 on 1 off pattern at 1920x1080p 72Hz, i got zero bandwidth issues.

The obvious indicator to lack of bandwidth is the comparison between s-video and RGB from a good source, RGB should be EASILY better, if its not, your display is lacking.

Road Rasher

so I tried to make a circuit using AD724, turns out for some reason it doesn't work with MD and SMS (wrong or no color), but it works on H32 games for some reason. It also worked with every other console. I also made another with a CXA1645 and it works so I wonder what makes the 724 go bonkers.

Road Rasher

Quote Originally Posted by Ryoandr View Post
    so I tried to make a circuit using AD724, turns out for some reason it doesn't work with MD and SMS (wrong or no color), but it works on H32 games for some reason. It also worked with every other console. I also made another with a CXA1645 and it works so I wonder what makes the 724 go bonkers.
    Where are you taking the frequency from?

Road Rasher

2 pin crystal for the AD724, 4 pin crystal for the CXA1645.
    I searched a bit and found that it's a known AD724/5 problem.

Thread Information