Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rarest Game Gear games?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training Tanooki's Avatar

Probably weird (or not) being a starting post, but what about Arena Mazes of Death? I don't see that pop up much, doesn't get expensive alone, not sure about complete or new, but it is a later release in the US and a solid game too. The nice thing I've noticed is that GG like the Nintendo handhelds being that they are handhelds get little respect from the resellers who frenzy stuff (like NES, SNES, TG16, Sega CD, Saturn) to turn around and go max profit on it and do the one upping each other game to keep it rolling upwards. On the whole I find that GG, Genesis, GB any most games can be picked up in that $3-30 window with a fair deal in the low to middle end ($20 and under) level as a cartridge on its own. It makes for a solid fun time of trying to hunt down fun stuff and experimenting as it won't cost a black market kidney sale to get a few items. All the garbage drove me back to Sega at the top of November last year, and 2 weeks ago I found a blue game gear locally and I've been picking up games local and online at a steady pace despite a limited budget.

The thing is cash is one thing, rarity is another in an honest market. In a hype market cash and faux rarity go hand in hand when you see a Super Mario World cart printed and given away in the millions for like $20+ or a million seller like TMNT4 peaking at like $70. You don't see that crap on the Game Gear at all, just actual rares costing money and even then they have to be rare and desirable (Mega Man for example.)

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert Prince Talmit's Avatar

Arena is a really cool game. Would loved to have it on Master System.
    It is certainly an uncommon game in complete good condition, not one you see often.
    A recent interview posted on this site offered a few interesting comments from the developer about Arena Maze of Death.
    Last edited by Prince Talmit; 06-25-2016 at 10:20 AM.

While they are not expensive, I have had a hard time finding Urban Strike and Kawasaki Superbikes in the wild. Urban Strike is tough on eBay at times too.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training GiliusSegahead's Avatar

So what's the deal with Mortal Kombat 3? Why so pricey?
    Last edited by GiliusSegahead; 07-26-2016 at 10:31 AM.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training eheheh's Avatar

is popeye a rare game??

only releasead in japan?

Quote Originally Posted by GiliusSegahead View Post
    European release only if I remember correctly.

I have a game called Pengo. Did that ever come out in America for the Game Gear?

Quote Originally Posted by GelmiR View Post
    I've been lucky getting a complete PAL copy of Super Return of the Jedi years ago. Mostly nice to look at though, as it's not a very entertaining game. Even though slave Leia is playable in a level or two.
    Does Slave Leia choke everything out? That's the only weapon she had in the movie. Perhaps she uses the chain as a whip ala Simon Belmont.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training eheheh's Avatar

hi guys

is ristar pal a rare game?

in ebay.com you canīt find one with box

only cartridge for about 30 euros

with box this is a good price? or it worths more?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/263091409782

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by GiliusSegahead View Post
    European only release (Master System version was only released in Brazil), and it was 1995 so it was released in super low quantities.

It also sucks several barrels of shit.

For anyone thinking of buying GG games in Europe for their value, don't waste your time. I can't even flog a single Game Gear game most of the time for 99p. They are worthless.

I DON'T LIKE POKEMON Hero of Algol j_factor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sull56ivan2010 View Post
    I have a game called Pengo. Did that ever come out in America for the Game Gear?
    I've seen some question of that but apparently, there was no US version, no.

Same thing with MK3, some people used to insist it was released here. It's questioned because people in the US say they remember seeing it, but it's just because it wasn't totally uncommon for European GG games to end up on this side of the pond. I have a complete EU copy of Halley Wars, even though there was a US version, and I didn't even realize it until later. I didn't get it new in the 90s, but I did buy it in this country, over 10 years ago, with no indication that it was an import copy. I guess I had thought that maybe some games were released in both Europe and North America with the same multi-lingual packaging, but afaik now, that never officially happened. No US releases had the gray grid pattern on the box, but I'd seen that type of packaging around enough that it didn't look foreign. *shrug*

You just can't handle my jawusumness responces.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

I remember walking into a drug store, which didn't sell games, between 1996 - 1998... and finding a large bin full of PAL Mega Drive Space Harrier II.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    I remember walking into a drug store, which didn't sell games, between 1996 - 1998... and finding a large bin full of PAL Mega Drive Space Harrier II.
    I've found places selling really old games in the oddest places as well. I was in Moab on vacation buying some stuff a couple years ago at like another mom-and-pop store and they had a copy of Gunstar Super Heroes new and sealed for like $5 and I was like, well why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Sonic Drift 2 and Tempo Jr are both tougher to find and fetch a decent amount.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".

Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Game Gear does seem all over. I've collected close to 150 games, periodically going for a full set. I had the hardest time with Urban Strike. But some of the ones other people mention I see all the time (Sonic Drift 2).

Another game I had difficulty finding was Kawasaki Super Bike. But then, for some reason, I started finding it pretty regularly.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I've found places selling really old games in the oddest places as well. I was in Moab on vacation buying some stuff a couple years ago at like another mom-and-pop store and they had a copy of Gunstar Super Heroes new and sealed for like $5 and I was like, well why not?
    Did you eat the Fruit Roll-Up?

Sonic Drift 2 and Tempo Jr. are two games I haven't found yet. I have only found one copy each of Urban Strike and Lost World.

Thread Information