Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sega Rally 2 - Model 3 arcade emulation takes a big step forward

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

4K just isn't there yet. Even the 1080Ti has to have settings turned down to run top tier games a 60fps in 4k.

I have my 1080 paired with a Dell 1440p/144hz G-Sync monitor. It's the sweet spot for that GPU.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Creator of the Mega Amp Raging in the Streets Ace's Avatar

I had the GTX1080 Ti in my sights for a while until I found that my GTX1070 handled HDR in a bit of an odd manner when compared to my RX 580. I only have one HDR-compatible PC game, and that's F1 2017, which only offers one HDR option for the GTX1070, scRGB, while on the RX 580, I have that plus HDR10. scRGB doesn't look as nice on my TV (yes, I use my 4K TV as a monitor). At the same time, there are some games that I find are not worth running maxed out as you lose a lot of performance for a visual upgrade that is either insignificant or non-existent, and with the GTX1080 Ti still requiring dropping details at 4K to maintain 60FPS, what's the point in buying one? I might as well get something within the GTX1070/GTX1080 performance tier and pocket the savings (however little they may be with this exceptionally inflated pricing), and the best option I can see is a Radeon RX Vega 56 that is flashed with an RX Vega 64 VBIOS, has its HBM2 VRAM overclocked to the limit and its core undervolted as low as it can go.

There are some instances where 4K at 30FPS is acceptable, but it's really game-dependent for me.
    HATES ATGAMES WITH A PASSION

Mega Amp: An all-new audio circuit for your Sega Genesis/MegaDrive and clones.

Note: If you want to contact me on Skype, identify yourself or your contact request will be rejected.

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I had the GTX1080 Ti in my sights for a while until I found that my GTX1070 handled HDR in a bit of an odd manner when compared to my RX 580. I only have one HDR-compatible PC game, and that's F1 2017, which only offers one HDR option for the GTX1070, scRGB, while on the RX 580, I have that plus HDR10. scRGB doesn't look as nice on my TV (yes, I use my 4K TV as a monitor). At the same time, there are some games that I find are not worth running maxed out as you lose a lot of performance for a visual upgrade that is either insignificant or non-existent, and with the GTX1080 Ti still requiring dropping details at 4K to maintain 60FPS, what's the point in buying one? I might as well get something within the GTX1070/GTX1080 performance tier and pocket the savings (however little they may be with this exceptionally inflated pricing), and the best option I can see is a Radeon RX Vega 56 that is flashed with an RX Vega 64 VBIOS, has its HBM2 VRAM overclocked to the limit and its core undervolted as low as it can go.

There are some instances where 4K at 30FPS is acceptable, but it's really game-dependent for me.
    That 4K @ 30 FPS is going to be harder to obtain when newer games like Far Cry 5 and Final Fantasy XV are released.

Far Cry 5 running at 4K @ 30 FPS will require a GTX 1070 or a Vega 56 with a mixed setting of high and medium, while 4K @ 60 FPS will require 2 GTX 1080 Ti cards in sli, or Vega 56 X-fire with a mix of high and ultra settings.

https://news.ubisoft.com/article/far...ments-revealed

I just ran the FFIV benchmark with my overclocked GTX 1080 @ 2061 Mhz and the memory @ 11 GBPS, running the benchmark @ 1080p with high settings. I got a score of 8100, compared to the GTX 1070's 6215 and the Vega 56's 4700. The GTX 1080 Ti managed just over 9100 points.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by gamevet; 02-03-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information