Quantcast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MegaDrive++ : new switchless region + IGR mod

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training SukkoPera's Avatar

Note that last week i made some changes:
    - the master branch is now the former 6button/lcd_support branch. This is now the recommended version, and the only supported hardware is the Arduino Nano.
    - the legacy branch is the old master branch, for installs like zerosignal's. It's still there but it won't get any updates.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by SukkoPera View Post
    Looks like I can finally post . Thanks majinga for helping with this!

I need some information first, just the basic facts... Can you tell me where it hurts?

Erm, I mean: what MD++ branch are you using? Master or 6button? The latter is newer and more stable but does not support ATtinys, an Arduino Nano or Uno or Pro Mini is recommended.
    Hi, glad you can post and sorry for not replying sooner. I was using the master branch as I wanted to use an ATTINY44 chip. I bought a bunch of ATTINY44 chips and using Arduino Uno as a programmer. I had already wired all 20 of the megadrives to use a PIC16F30 and the D4S code, when I saw that your code was pin compatible with the ATTINY24/44/84 chips I knew I had to upgrade. But I could never get it to work. Is there any way I can check that the ATTINY44 chip is programmed correctly? I had no errors in Arduino IDE.

Does the reset button work, either for resetting or changing region?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-Training

Quote Originally Posted by SukkoPera View Post
    Does the reset button work, either for resetting or changing region?
    Hi, thanks for getting back to me.

No, reset doesnít work for either. However itís fine when dropping the PIC16f30 back in. I might post a video showing what happens.

Looks like the ATtiny is not working correctly then. Did you burn the bootloader from the Arduino IDE? This doesn't actually burn anything, but writes the correct fuse values into the chip.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Pha's Avatar

Little question, the MegaDrive++ allows the reset in main menu with the EverDrive-MD flashcart original ?

by default with this EverDrive-MD flashcart original (from 2011, OS : v36, firmware : v13) :

-the menu only appears when the console is started
    -once the game has started, the reset restarts the game.
    -it is therefore necessary to turn off the console each time you want to load a new game...

But maybe the reset proposed by the Megadrive+++ resets it to complete the console and therefore allows access with its specific reset ? (which would be good to mention in the MegaDrivePlusPlus wiki)
    Because KEGA Fusion is anything but absurd.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

I don't think they are related. The MegaDrive ++ reset is equivalent to pressing the reset button.
    I don't know how the Everdrive performs the reset, maybe there is a reset line on the cartridge slot and forces the signal. Or maybe it just does a soft reset.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Pha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by majinga View Post
    I don't think they are related. The MegaDrive ++ reset is equivalent to pressing the reset button.
    I don't know how the Everdrive performs the reset, maybe there is a reset line on the cartridge slot and forces the signal. Or maybe it just does a soft reset.
    Thanks, I found a post from KRIKzz (the designer of the EverDrive-MD) it explains things clearly:

Turn off is the only way to return in menu for everdrive-md. Turning the Genesis off/on not a problem for cart. Logic of CPLD chip not allow to reset internal registers, so, there is no way to reset in menu somehow

So now it is a question of knowing if the Megadrive++ performs a reset of the internal registers (in theory and especially in practice) and if it does not do, can it do so ?
    Because KEGA Fusion is anything but absurd.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert majinga's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pha View Post
    So now it is a question of knowing if the Megadrive++ performs a reset of the internal registers (in theory and especially in practice) and if it does not do, can it do so ?
    No, it can't. The only way to do this is to implement something that can turn off and on the console. Something like a controlled switch on the main power.

I agree with majinga. The "internal registers" Krikzz is talking about are those of a chip that is inside the Everdrive (the CPLD he mentions), and MD++ of course has no access to that.

Thread Information