Thread: Damn 32x Price is insane!

Old Sega is where it's at Wildside Expert Mykale's Avatar

Default Damn 32x Price is insane!

None under 100$!

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Plenty here for a fraction of that price:

http://ebay.com
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

you should be able to find one for less than $50. I got one on ebay a couple months ago with games for about $45.

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robotscandance View Post
    you should be able to find one for less than $50. I got one on ebay a couple months ago with games for about $45.
    I assume he's talking about a CIB one? Price has been going up recently. Not too surprised. It's over 20 years old at this point.

Gumbious Priest Road Rasher Raja's Avatar

I don't find the console to be worth that even remotely - I mean CIB I'd pay like $40 tops. There are very few games and even fewer good ones. But hey $100 CIB seems to be the going rate these days.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

32X is worth it for like $30 or so, if nothing than to get better composite video out of your Genesis without mods.

At $100 for a CIB one I should probably start dumping my extras soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

speaking of, any chance anyone here has an empty 32X box? been looking for one for my sega display!

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    32X is worth it for like $30 or so, if nothing than to get better composite video out of your Genesis without mods.

At $100 for a CIB one I should probably start dumping my extras soon.
    this
    also you can get em cheap if you get the ones marked "not working" since most of those you just gotta clean the ribbons!

Look at the prices of some of the 32X games WSB is like 200 dollars now and that is absurd!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Set collectors like finding new small libraries to put together as fast/expensive as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Look at the prices of some of the 32X games WSB is like 200 dollars now and that is absurd!
    World Series Baseball has always been a very hard to locate game, I remember prices for it being in the $60-100 range even when I was looking for a copy years ago.

The top three rare 32X games in my opinion are Spiderman, Pitfall, and World Series Baseball. Honestly, I think if WSB wasn't a sports game it would probably be a even higher. It is VERY rare and was the last game I needed to complete my 32X library.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Set collectors like finding new small libraries to put together as fast/expensive as possible.
    Collectards are like locusts.

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    it's exactly this, you see it in weird spots like Virtual Boy and those black/space background early NES games too

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Ian and Pat talk about the rising prices of the 32X and its game. I better get another copy of Doom before the prices get out of hand. My cart doesn't seem to work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL1mwdflAV4

A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Prince Talmit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Ian and Pat talk about the rising prices of the 32X and its game.
    It's always disapointing when someone mentions After Burner 32x (or Space Harrier) and fails to mention how good the ports are and the compatibility with analog control.
    I know these youtube videos are off the cuff, but the lack of research into the topics they are presenting makes it all pretty weak, other than mindless banter.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Talmit View Post
    It's always disapointing when someone mentions After Burner 32x (or Space Harrier) and fails to mention how good the ports are and the compatibility with analog control.
    I know these youtube videos are off the cuff, but the lack of research into the topics they are presenting makes it all pretty weak, other than mindless banter.
    Space Harrier is an amazing port of the arcade game for the 32X.

What analog controller was available for the Genesis?
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Thread Information