Quantcast

Thread: Jimmy Hapa's Import Gaming FTW!

Hero of Algol

YouTube Jimmy Hapa's Import Gaming FTW!

I had the intention to create a thread for this great Youtube show years ago, but it went on a hiatus for sometime and then I decided to wait.

Now it has been active again and I can't recommend it enough, especially for those willing to get some extra education on JP-exclusive titles. And, no, I'm not talking about your regular "OMGZ, look at this rare game called M.U.S.H.A", this is something a lot deeper and less flashy than that.

Some reviews that I strongly recommend:

He also has IMO the best coverage out there of the Ganbare Goemon series in some of his other videos.

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

...what's this, then?
    a YT channel:
    a) that looks well edited
    b) narrarator's voice doesn't make me long for death
    c) actually highlights games i've not heard of

sub'd! putting these in queue for a slow day at work, keep em comin man!

About time someone covered Willy Wombat. It's such an import-friendly title, yet hardly anyone's heard of it. It's also a pretty good game, which makes how ignored it often is rather odd.

Currently Reviewing: Galaxy Force (SMS)
    Coming Up:TF3 Side by Side
    Done:

Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Coop View Post
    About time someone covered Willy Wombat. It's such an import-friendly title, yet hardly anyone's heard of it. It's also a pretty good game, which makes how ignored it often is rather odd.
    Did Saturn gamers just forget about till now? It was well known bitd. Gamefan made a big deal about and it was sold at Electronic Boutique. The fact that Susumu Matsushita was involved and it's gaijin-friendly helped make it one of the most well known Saturn imports in game forums in the late 90's.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

Lord of the Obscure Wildside Expert LordGeo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Tiger View Post
    Did Saturn gamers just forget about till now? It was well known bitd. Gamefan made a big deal about and it was sold at Electronic Boutique. The fact that Susumu Matsushita was involved and it's gaijin-friendly helped make it one of the most well known Saturn imports in game forums in the late 90's.
    I only know of the game because I saw it at the Digital Press store once a few years ago, & it looked interesting to me. I didn't know about how it was already in English or anything about its previous notoriety.

Hero of Algol

And yet another *great* review:

8 & 16 bit guy Outrunner Bloodreign's Avatar

Been subscribed to Jimmy for awhile, he's the one that made me cave in, try Violinist of Hamelin, and eventually buy it (and watched the anime too, but the game is cool). Watching his Pulirula video made me go back and play that Taito oddball on my PS2 and Saturn(fun game). But it's killed me to watch Purikura Daisakusen knowing that game is crazy expensive, and can only play the arcade and Saturn versions in emulation (it did however spark me to buy the half assed PS1 Power Instinct 2 port, just to have a game with Clara in it).

Thread Information