Quantcast

Thread: M2 Thinks Sega's Alien Syndrome Would Make A Great 3D Classic

Default M2 Thinks Sega's Alien Syndrome Would Make A Great 3D Classic

http://segabits.com/blog/2016/05/18/...ga-3d-classic/
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...eat_3d_classic
    http://blogs.sega.com/2016/05/17/seg...erview-part-2/

Sega has posted an interview with Yosuke Okunari, Kagasei Shimomura and Naoki Horii regarding the compendium, and it has been revealed that the team at M2 has something of a soft spot for Sega's 1987 run-and-gun arcade title Alien Syndrome, and even went as far as prototyping the game as a potential addition to the collection:

KS: So rewinding a little bit, before we settled on Power Drift, we had a couple of titles to choose from for this. We talked about Alien Syndrome, Golden Axe, Turbo Out Run, and even Columns.

NH: (looks at the lineup list) These are pretty bold choices.

I'd like to see Alien Syndrome someday. Stereoscopic 3D would be really effective in that game.
    NH: Oh that game is amazing. We did a little test on it to see how it would turn out and it was great. Although, doing every single stage would be quite an effort.
    System 16 arcade Alien Syndrome would great in stereo 3D, so I agree.

Not counting emulators, the best home version was made (of course) for the Sharp X68000 home computer.

Other than maybe the order of what bosses appear on each level, I couldn't tell the difference.

Anyway, for a third wave of Sega 3D Classics / another physical collection:
    Alien Syndrome - Super Monaco GP - Golden Axe - Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder - Shinobi
    and filled out with a few more Genesis games like Thunder Force IV (provided Sega/M2 can get the rights from the guy from Tecnosoft).

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Epyx's Avatar

It probably would!

But I really want to see more super-scaler games though as they definitely work the best - AB Cop, Outrunners, G-Loc, Line of Fire, Gale Racer, Planet Harriers and Turbo OutRun please Sega!

AH BOB SAGET! Hedgehog-in-TrainingMaster of Shinobi SegataS's Avatar

Didn't work out so well last time the series went 3D...Same with Goldenaxe. BY MY BALLS GIRL!

And 3D as in the fad that died years ago and I needed 10 aspirin to get rid of a headache? Yeah..no. That boat has sailed. Nintendo even gave up 3D on 3DS with the new models.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert OmegaMax's Avatar

I had that on Wii,not good.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingNameless One Epyx's Avatar

I enjoyed the Wii version actually!!!

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert OmegaMax's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Epyx View Post
    I enjoyed the Wii version actually!!!
    So you were the one person that bought it...just kidding,everyone has different tastes in games.

I liked the remake on the PS2 release. My boys and I loved to play it co-op and eventually beat it. Was an awesome day full of high fives!

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    I liked the remake on the PS2 release. My boys and I loved to play it co-op and eventually beat it. Was an awesome day full of high fives!
    I did too! A friend an I used to play that version now and then. Sometimes we would place our dual shock controllers on the floor and watch them dance, as something exploded at the end of a mission.

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert bertodecosta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parallaxscroll View Post
    Not counting emulators, the best home version was made (of course) for the Sharp X68000 home computer.
    Well, since the 3D classic version is already out now,
    the best home version was M2's version for the 3DS.
    It's 100% as System 16 arcade version, plus a stereoscopic 3D feature which made it more awesome.

Too bad it's only released in Japan.
    I had to import it and bought myself a second (Jap) 3DS since 3DS is region locked.
    Of course I could always make it region free with CFW, but I don't wanna go down into that road right now.

Page for 3D Alien Syndrome : http://archives.sega.jp/3d/archives3/alien/index.shtml

WCPO Agent

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    Didn't work out so well last time the series went 3D...Same with Goldenaxe. BY MY BALLS GIRL!

And 3D as in the fad that died years ago and I needed 10 aspirin to get rid of a headache? Yeah..no. That boat has sailed. Nintendo even gave up 3D on 3DS with the new models.
    Is that cover by Mark Choi + Sonia Oback?

Thread Information