Quantcast

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: Mass Effect Andromeda

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by QuickSciFi View Post
    I'm going to link this in here for Thief, cuz I don't want to bump the random thread:
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/06/04/how-i-...ature-6681078/

P.S.> I was one of those Dual Shock haters bitd. Primarily during the PS1 and early PS2 era. But it grew on me. Honestly, if there is a game I want to play, the gamepad of choice has never been a detractor. I love all my consoles.
    While I certainly agree that the previous Dual-shock controllers were a bit small, I don't think that the DS4 is small at all. I get a sense that this guy let his personal bias get in the way of the well thought out design of the DS4. You can see in the photo I've attached, that the Xbox 360 controller is not bigger than the DS4.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Antiquing Hedgehog Lord QuickSciFi's Avatar

^Ditto. I find the PS4 to be one of the most comfortable controllers I've played with. And it's definitely a step up from the previous design.

Raging in the Streets EclecticGroove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    While I certainly agree that the previous Dual-shock controllers were a bit small, I don't think that the DS4 is small at all. I get a sense that this guy let his personal bias get in the way of the well thought out design of the DS4. You can see in the photo I've attached, that the Xbox 360 controller is not bigger than the DS4.
    I never found the PS controllers too small... just not comfortable.

The only "small" controller issue I had was the GC.

It was fine and dandy in short bursts, so fighting games, arcade styles, etc.
    But going through one of the tales games on it, or any game that I could spend an hour + constantly using the controller with no real breaks... I found that the size and way my hands had to be formed on it got seriously uncomfortable.

When I got into a game and could spend a good 3-4 + hours on it, I found I'd have to stop often because my hands would start cramping up.

The GC controller is the only one that's ever happened to me on. The PS ones, while not a favorite, I've put some serious stick time into without a single hitch. I just vastly prefer the xbox design.

So finally some insight to the game's troubled development. Here's the Kotaku link, and below is a video doing a great job going through that article. Choose your poison.

Yesterday was a big day for new multiplayer content with the introduction to Batarians and new much requested Platinum difficulty. Was entertaining for about a day and a half, but back to retirement for me. This game just doesn't have the staying power. At all. So many issues at the core of it all.

Anyway, back to resuming my Mass Effect 2 playthrough.

Thread Information