Quantcast

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: Mass Effect Andromeda

Player Met works for all players encountered in an online match. You must have some setting for Friends only.

Wait, so you have a PS4 and have it working right now? Because that forum I linked says it was working at PS4 release, but some update broke it and has been broken since.

How long does it say it's been broken? I haven't used it since Oct/Nov last year during Dark Souls III DLC.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    I'm just telling you what I seen from personal experience and pugging with pugs for 3000rs. On top of constant chat with lots of forum folk who play too constantly play and discuss their pugging experiences. But yeah, in a nutshell game had a crazy high learning curve for most of us. There's a reason why many break the 1000hrd mark playing this game, and it's not because lack of depth/variety and learning curve. Another bonus is that it's an online game, and how other players play also bring's a very nice random factor in question too, which too contributes to replay value.

Also, take a guy like me who has been playing videogames all his life since NES era, still does, yet ME3mp is by far my most played game.
    I wish I had the luxury of being able to sit on my arse playing games as much as you obviously do, Thief! Seriously, I really do but, alas, life intrudes. Oh to have the carefree time of my childhood back again...

Yeah, sorry to hear that, Mega Drive Bowlsey. By the way, I liked all the recent posts you've made today.

Back to this player met issue, Gentlegamer, googling it is showing me all kind of time stamps. The most recent one I found is on the Dark Souls III GameFAQs forum. Says that they've fixed it and ever since it hasn't been working properly now. I'm trying to google to see if there's a fix for my issue then because it has never been working for me. Players met is a very nice feature because you can quickly look up the players you've played with if you want to send them a quick message, instead of having to remember some weirdo name with a telephone numbers in them + having to type them in.

I also had some trouble shooting trying to get that cheapo mic/headset that comes with PS4 to work. At first I thought maybe I had to push it in more but felt like I would break something if I added any more pressure, so didn't. Well, turns out I really did have to jam it in there. Got it to recognize, but still no one could hear me. Turn out I also have to set it to output through TV, because when you put it in, it automatically outputs all sound through that tinny speaker. Even when I set the switch on that speaker to act as a mic, defaults all sounds to tinny speaker, forcing me to change it in options every time I plug it in. Really annoying, because I tried pinning it on my chest, and when I have to get up to piss or eat, I unplug it from controller. It's also a very bad mic because it picks up way to much sound around a house. I have no experience with X-Box default mics as I've always used a Turtle Beach on that, and it always did a great job blocking sounds around the house. Cause I was always asking other players if they could hear certain sounds around the house and they always said no. Not like it's much of an issue on PS4, because everyone else might hate it or can't figure it out, since it's pretty quiet on PS4 land as very few player show that they have a mic plugged when playing MEA. And when someone does have a mic plugged in, it's always some annoying background noise or picking up everything they do or some loud mouth breather, etc. So I mute them all, lol. Welcome to Mute City.

Also, Gentlegamer you played DSIII, why didn't you say so. Lol, thought I was the only one who plays DS series on this forum.

I play Dark Souls, and I play it on PlayStation as the Furtive Pygmy intended.

End of line.. ESWAT Veteran gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Yeah, sorry to hear that, Mega Drive Bowlsey. By the way, I liked all the recent posts you've made today.
    I believe he's being facetious.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Road Rasher

Well I had an awesome day playing a great multiplayer game called Real Life today. Did some shooting with my camera and took some awesome photos of my son in the Texas Bluebonnets and checked out a local flea market (I did a ton of In App Purchases too - very easy payment system - called cash ). Got home and read about poor Theif complaining about his sore fingers and thumbs. (You might want to take a break and go outside and play real life instead Theif!)

On to ME:Andromeda I read a first look at the game on VentureBeat. To say I'm not impressed is an understatement. (Might contain spoilers)

https://venturebeat.com/2017/03/21/m...d-and-the-bad/

Quote" Then, once I reached the center of the world, it got a little confusing. The map wasn’t that good at telling me where to go as there were multiple missions to undertake. I was supposed to find a colleague named Greer, but I couldn’t get up to the place where he was supposed to be. I found that the map was particularly bad at conveying 3D locations with its 2D landscape. Early on, that was OK. But later, it became pretty messy."

Sounds pretty shit to me, I guess they rushed so hard to push this turd out that they forgot to play test it properly.

Quote " As I explored the area with my companions, we found there was another alien race that must have created the artifacts in the world that the Kett were after. We found Sarah’s father, Alec Ryder. He was an impressive figure with a deep voice, and he liked saying big things like, “These are the moments that make it all worthwhile.” But in the dialogue choices, Sarah could respond to him either in a professional or casual way, but not so much emotionally. That told me that they didn’t really get along.In any case, the relationship between Sarah and her father is supposed to be the emotional hook. But I wasn’t really feeling it. And when a really big moment comes early in the game, you have to decide whether Sarah feels detached or emotional about her dad. In any case, the remainder of the first act deals with this particular story within the larger epic. And Sarah learns what it means to have a responsibility, not just for herself and immediate companions, but the whole human race."

Ugh emotion in games again. I don't give a fuck how she feels about her Dad, just give me shit to shoot at
    Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    I believe he's being facetious.
    I don't think Theif can tell the difference, I was being sarcastic the other day about him playing games all day and he gave me rep ..lol

Thread Information