Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade

I think it also had to do with the situation over in Japan, where the Mega Drive did pretty badly throughout it's lifespan (1988-1995) and was unsupported and/or poorly supported by the big Japanese companies like Capcom, Konami and others. Once the Saturn came out in Japan in late 1994, the developers either used that as an excuse to completely abandon the MD or just blatantly jumped ship immediately, killing the MD pretty quickly in Japan before Sega decided to can all non-Saturn Sega systems here in the U.S in fall 1995.

Just to touch on something Aarzak said, why DO so many Sega cartridges have Acclaim shells? Does anyone know what the agreement was, and why Acclaim?

I just recall hearing that Sega and Acclaim took a big financial hit due to warehouses of unsold cartridges in the mid-'90's when 16-Bit was dying out. And then there's Majesco's Genesis re-releases right up until the beginning of this decade, often using Acclaim's cart shells (w/their logo covered up).

I got my Alien Soldier in a Acclaim case (which didn't even have the hanger). I almost threw up when I saw it. It immediately received a Sega case and the Acclaim case was sold with some crap game later on.
    New user who wants access to the forum? PM Melf!

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

There are lots of unsold, brand-new Acclaim and EA-games on eBay Germany all the time.

Here's the front cover to the aforementioned issue of EGM I was talking about.........an issue I treasure very much but is falling to pieces. Being a "Mortal Maniac" at the time, I was salivating for a copy of "Mortal Kombat" 3 in any form after reading through this issue, which came true when I received my first Genny later that fall in 1995, and a brand-new copy of the Genesis MK3 port for my birthday in January 1996. Something of note, MK3, a late '95 Genesis game came in a clamshell case and had cheap cart labeling (not to the extent of Majesco's though) that later peeled completely off and a cart shell that looked and screamed "Acclaim/Mexico packaging", even though the publishing duties for the MK home ports were handed over to Williams (subsidiary of Midway at the time?) starting with MK3. Wonder just how long Acclaim held the reigns on the home rights to Mortal Kombat and NBA Jam. They were supposed to have expired sometime in 1995, but Midway's last Genesis releases in late 1996 (UMK3 & NBA Hangtime, both cardboard box releases) reeked of Acclaim/Mexico packaging and labeling still. Back on topic:

There's a couple of Genesis-related print ads/reviews/articles in this issue, but I honestly don't have the time to scan them all (plus my issue is hanging on by the teeth of it's skin so I must treat it carefully) so I'll only be scanning the "Indiana Jones Greatest Adventures" for Genesis article.
    Last edited by Aarzak; 09-09-2007 at 04:16 AM.

<Kel> AW, HERE IT GOES! <Kel>

I busted my ass to scan these. Hell, I had just done my first scan with this magazine. Pretty easy except when trying to keep the scanned page aligned with the weight from the other side of the mag. I'll get used to it I suppose, and improve.

There you have it, the game was complete, set to be released that fall...........nothing. Not even a leaked ROM to this day.
    Last edited by Aarzak; 09-09-2007 at 04:56 AM.

Pity rep is still rep. Raging in the Streets Mr Smith's Avatar

Wow! That's some great scanning and a great shame that it is not available in the public domain, in some guise. Imagine how many awesome/semi-awesome Mega Drive titles were discarded before being released.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamahl
    You my lord, are a poet and a scholar. Of death.

Thanks..............anyone else gonna comment on my scans? Huh? HUH?

They sure took a while to get right, and then the painfully slow scanning and uploading to Photobucket.......

Loves Lori Bazzil! Raging in the Streets 108 Stars's Avatar

Nice scans. I have my own review though.

http://www.pictureupload.de/original...4848_indy1.jpg

http://www.pictureupload.de/original...5552_indy2.jpg

Since I am to stupid to post the scans in the post I must link to them.
    Last edited by 108 Stars; 09-12-2007 at 02:43 AM.

Woah, were they really going to try Mode-7-esque scaling on the Genesis with this title. I HAVE seen it pulled off on the Genesis ("Street Racer") but this sounds like a much more ambitious attempt.

This could've really helped out the Genesis' fall '95 lineup. Instead, the only notable titles that came out then were "Mortal Kombat 3" and "Light Crusader".

Death Adder's minion

the downfall of Sega starting with the Sega cd to 32X to Saturn reads like a text book case of what happens when a company doesn't do enough R&D and just keep putting out products that are flawed and doesn't meet the demands and expectation of the consumers and then worse off had no idea how to even market them. Sega should have learned their lesson from TurboGraphx.

Wildside Expert

I was playing this one yesterday, it was total shit, one of the most horrible games i've ever played on my Mega Drive

Japanese Sonic CD FTW!!! Master of Shinobi Ecco's Avatar

Wow this game is awful! Platforming hell in every possible way

Melf I really hope you were joking when you said to play Instruments of Chaos instead! Man is that a trashy game all around.
    Check out my review channel at GameFaqs here. Then feel free to leave feedback and comment here

Thread Information