Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Continuing Old Threads, what is the problem?

  1. #31
    Wildside Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Having to resort to posting threads from neo-geo.com just reinforces the fact that there was nothing wrong with the thread in question:

    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...-U80-S-VHS-VCR

    Also saying that people aren't interested in that content here is absurd. That was a 5 page thread full of dozens of interested comments and discussion on what Tasuke had posted (aside from a few thread-shitting comments from, surprise surprise, Gogogadget).

    There was no justification for locking the thread, which I'm sure is the reason BonusKun is not replying to this one. It was a poorly thought-out move on his part and deprived the forum of interesting content that apparently a large number of users were interested in.

    It would be nice to have a moderator who did not carry shit over from other forums and feel the need to be pro-active when locking popular threads without justification. Melf has never run this place that way.

  2. #32
    Raging in the Streets
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,150
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    I love how i'm suddenly being lumped in with the edgier/trollier members of the forum like I do nothing but start shit with people, yet i've not been PM'ed once about pointlessly starting arguments or fights in threads, and i've been reped quite a fair few times.

    Maybe i'm giving Tasuke a bit of a hard time but i've been registered here near on 6 years, I know the kind of shit he posts. That VHS thread is an example of a Tasuke thread that isn't an absolute trainwreck.

    EDIT: Other than criticising the picture quality of a VHS I fail to see where i've shit all over the thread, sorry if i've ruined a 'safe space' or something or other.

  3. #33
    Wildside Expert
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    I love how i'm suddenly being lumped in with the edgier/trollier members of the forum like I do nothing but start shit with people, yet i've not been PM'ed once about pointlessly starting arguments or fights in threads, and i've been reped quite a fair few times.

    Maybe i'm giving Tasuke a bit of a hard time but i've been registered here near on 6 years, I know the kind of shit he posts. That VHS thread is an example of a Tasuke thread that isn't an absolute trainwreck.

    EDIT: Other than criticising the picture quality of a VHS I fail to see where i've shit all over the thread, sorry if i've ruined a 'safe space' or something or other.
    You have been outspoken in this thread stating that the locked thread was garbage. That's not the case. It was an intresting thread, at least for the quite few people who posted in it.

    So I guess your point is that Tasuke's threads should be automatically locked because he was trolled by neo-geo.com and continues to be trolled by neo-geo.com users here? Or what exactly?

  4. #34
    Raging in the Streets
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,150
    Rep Power
    66

    Default

    If you found the thread about A/V gear interesting why not go to the off topic section and post an A/V thread?

  5. #35
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    54

    WTF

    You know I had no idea this thread even existed since somehow the forums had already marked this section as read. I had an idea a few people were butthurt about me locking that thread but I guess I really rustled some jimmies more then I realized.

    Oh yeah and bump! lol


    On a more serious note, I have no qualms about a thread being bumped but only when it's something relevant to the topic at hand and more then a one liner post which doesn't add anything to the discussion. I've let a lot of threads get revived simply because people are bringing something fresh to the topic. I don't need to see a thread with a "Oh yeah me too!" in reply to something over 5 to 8 years old since the last damn post.

    Also the market is something I have zero tolerance for old thread bumping. Unless it's something about someone didn't ship goods or a scam of some sort, nobody needs to be screwing around with the market section.


    P.S. As far as Tasuke goes, You guys already know I'm creeped out by the guy for many obvious reasons yet I have never once banned him or fucked with his account.

    P.P.S. Crom, If you ever read this which I doubt you may or may not, You need to holster your huge hard-on for me. I can't recall the last time I had someone hanging off my nuts as much as you have ever since I've been here. You've been attacking me like a rabid gerbil and not once have I cared enough to "ban" you which you seem you want me to do in some weird sort of martyrdom to be the hero that proves how evil I am towards the masses. Just please stop.
    Last edited by BonusKun; 12-21-2017 at 09:33 AM.
    05/05/15

  6. #36
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Locking threads is stupid.

  7. #37
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Locking threads is stupid.
    So is making stupid threads nobody wants to read.
    05/05/15

  8. #38
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Nobody is BS. There's always someone who wants to participate in locked threads but can't because it's been locked. Myself included.

    If someone doesn't want to participate in a thread, fine, don't participate. But doesn't have to mean you have to ruin for others who might want to just for your selfish reasons. Just like how the internet should have net neutrality.

  9. #39
    Death Bringer Raging in the Streets Black_Tiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Vancouver
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,513
    Rep Power
    103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Nobody is BS. There's always someone who wants to participate in locked threads but can't because it's been locked. Myself included.

    If someone doesn't want to participate in a thread, fine, don't participate. But doesn't have to mean you have to ruin for others who might want to just for your selfish reasons. Just like how the internet should have net neutrality.
    Telling someone what can and can't be done in their own forum, home, etc is the opposite of the purpose of net neutrality and is legitimately selfish. So is ignoring and and intentionally breaking the rules. This isn't a free public forum.

    You're arguing that people who come here for appropriate gaming and on-topic discussion and follow the rules should instead pay the toll of sifting through spam threads in order to find what they're looking for.

    Which of course leads to people not finding an existing thread on a topic, starting their own when there are already a dozen and only contributing further to the cycle.

    You'll find many more people interested in blanket bombings of similar subject facebook style threads on facebook. You'll also find much less "net neutrality" there. Which seems to be what you're looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by year2kill06
    everyone knows nintendo is far way cooler than sega just face it nintendo has more better games and originals

  10. #40
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Topics either continue off topic or end on their own. Heck, this forum even has a fear of starting new topics stigma.

    But whatever, you guys want a less social environment, be my guest. But it's only speeding up the migration to other places.

  11. #41
    Underground Sega Nut BonusKun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,491
    Rep Power
    54

    Master System

    Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Nobody is BS. There's always someone who wants to participate in locked threads but can't because it's been locked. Myself included.

    If someone doesn't want to participate in a thread, fine, don't participate. But doesn't have to mean you have to ruin for others who might want to just for your selfish reasons. Just like how the internet should have net neutrality.
    This forum isn't a "safe space" when it comes to certain things being done. I'm sorry if you don't like it but this isn't a democracy. I'm not here to beat people up but at the same time, I'm here to make sure the majority of members here are welcome & able to participate in open discussions. However at the same time I have to help keep the boards clean which means making pointless topics or bumping threads from years ago I have to look into & make sure it's not causing any problems.

    Keep in mind Thief that I've let many old threads get bumped but some of them I've locked because it's obviously either a cry for attention or someone bored off their ass trying to troll the boards. If you have any real issues with a thread you think I've moderated or locked then by all means I'm willing to listen to your reasons of why I should reverse my decision.


    P.S. Off topic: I hope you've finally gotten something good going in your life Thief. I've been made to understand that you've been out of work for awhile and have been in sort of a rut with which I can understand how that goes so in turn you spend a lot of time on the forums. Just remember, this place will always be here but you should focus more on your own personal life because a lot of people have started to notice you seem to be "stuck" in a bad place.
    05/05/15

  12. #42
    Banned by Administrators
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    spaghetti
    Age
    38
    Posts
    5,994
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Alright, will keep that in mind.

    Job wise I should be getting something part time when summer comes. In the meantime I've got a new gym membership at a pretty great place, so that should keep me busy until then.

  13. #43
    The Gentleman Thief Baloo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,461
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    I'd personally rather see old topics get bumped than a lot of new clutter get created.
    Quote Originally Posted by j_factor View Post
    The Sega Saturn was God's gift to humanity. This is inarguable fact!
    Quote Originally Posted by llj View Post
    Count me as someone who never liked the Turbo/Hyper Fighting iterations of Street Fighter 2. The speed ups always struck me as too "Benny Hill".


    Feedback Thread: http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ack&highlight=

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •