Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Continuing Old Threads, what is the problem?

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I'd also rather have old topics bumped than noobs posting the same topic a dozen times because they're too lazy to use the search function.
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...he-forum/page7

You've heard it straight from the man himself. /Thread

Raging in the Streets

Pretty sure theres a difference between someone bumping an old thread to add some relevant & new infomation, than someone bumping a dead thread to post more pics of shitty 80s junk he bought off the internet.

Banned by Administrators

Starting a new thread to post a shitty picture is better?

Raging in the Streets

Not posting them at all is preferable.

Banned by Administrators

Ah, and I was hoping you were going to say "Well, you've got me there. /shrug"

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

so the best thing would be give dude his own thread for anime dolls & 80s tech, and just consolidate it all there, then?

Raging in the Streets

I might of considered it for literally any other member than Tasuke tbh, he's been ran off from practically every video game forum because they can't be bothered to put up with his nonsense.

For whatever strange reason we've banned people like Kogen and Eddiespruce (deservingly, absolute cretins those two) yet we keep him around for whatever reason, of course on Sega-16 we are all probably an odd bunch, I mean we are signed up on a forum where we all discuss and celebrate the successes of a video game console thats older than people who have just finished college, but theres surely a limit no?

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Prince Talmit's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gogogadget View Post
    Not posting them at all is preferable.
    Why does it matter to you?
    Just don't click the thread. WTF the problem?
    Your creepy avatar pic creeps me out, but I'm not on a high horse trying to censor you, as you seem to be inclined toward the VCR guy.

Hero of Algol

The ignore list feature exists for that one purpose.
    When you have members that you can't/don't want to deal with and whose posts aren't offensive, harmful to the community nor anything against the forum rules; you simply add them to your ignore list and move forward.

But some people here, instead, simply chose to whine and campaign non-stop for the banishment of this or that guy whose posts they dislike for whatever frivolous reason. This fact, alone, is already sad and ridiculous.
    However, on top of that, you have the very same people repeatedly insulting the guy, derailing all his threads and reporting all his posts for no good reason. And these acts are actually the ban-worthy ones.

Wildside Expert

This has nothing to do with messing up the forum database. It involves a select few forum members waging a campaign against Tasuke because he posts weird shit. Gogogadget and BonusKun in particular have been very vocal against him. This seems to stem from some drama on neo-geo.com. Since BonusKun became admin here, he has locked 4 or 5 of Tasuke's threads, threatened to ban him, and generally shit all over him for the simple act of posting weird shit. The last time I spoke out against this injustice I received an infraction from BonusKun so I won't be surprised if I get banned now.

The worst thing is that Baloo defended Tasuke and gave him permission to post, but BonusKun told him to piss off too.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo
    Your argument doesn't hold up. Everyone wants to be a supporter of free speech, UNTIL you have to read or listen to someone or something you don't agree with. That's why everyone whines on internet forums, because unlike real life, where if you don't like someone's coversation or think that they're weird, or really don't want to talk about something, it's easy to walk away. But on an internet forum, you have to read it because you have to read everything and wade through the shitposters (Like those who invaded this thread) to actually read the conversation.

Let's say you're sitting with a group of 10 people in real life at an organized club gathering for video games, and you're trying to have a conversation with all of them at once. Four people are talking about the topic on-hand, three are shouting obscenities and nonsense because they think it's funny, and another three are talking about a totally different subject than what's on-hand. And of the four people actually talking on topic, one is calling another one an idiot because he disagrees with his opinion. And then the group leader comes in and tries to right the conversation, and the other three people who are having a good conversation get annoyed that it stopped and complain. And unlike real conversation where if ten people are talking at once you can't all understand them, you can fully understand all ten people and HAVE TO hear them simultaneously. You cannot move out of the room to silence people altogether, just around the room and try to ignore them...until they start moving closer to you and you have to hear their conversation while you try to make yours.

That is what having a conversation on an internet forum is like.

Now do you see what I mean?
    http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthr...ress-ver/page3

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Talmit View Post
    Why does it matter to you?
    Just don't click the thread. WTF the problem?
    Your creepy avatar pic creeps me out, but I'm not on a high horse trying to censor you, as you seem to be inclined toward the VCR guy.
    Install Adblock then you muppet

Banned by Administrators

Install Adblock then you muppet
    I just have (AdBlock Plus) for the first time 2 days ago, and it is so good for YouTube.

The Gaming Gangsta Master of Shinobi profholt82's Avatar

From what I can tell, Tasuke bumped his own off topic thread to post something related to the subject of the thread, and the new mod locked it. Yes? Unless there is more to the story, this seems an extreme reaction by the mod. I understand that it's not cool when a user bumps someone elses B/S/T thread from ages ago as that's not just bad etiquette, it's BS. But I don't see why someone shouldn't be able to bump an old thread when they have something relevant to post to it, particularly in this case as it was Tasuke's own thread. Is there more to the situation that I'm missing?

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    I just have (AdBlock Plus) for the first time 2 days ago, and it is so good for YouTube.
    I very much recommend adblock for those people who find pink hair creepy.

Also for literally everything else, the internet is practically unusable without it.

Quote Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
    From what I can tell, Tasuke bumped his own off topic thread to post something related to the subject of the thread, and the new mod locked it. Yes? Unless there is more to the story, this seems an extreme reaction by the mod. I understand that it's not cool when a user bumps someone elses B/S/T thread from ages ago as that's not just bad etiquette, it's BS. But I don't see why someone shouldn't be able to bump an old thread when they have something relevant to post to it, particularly in this case as it was Tasuke's own thread. Is there more to the situation that I'm missing?
    If you're unaware of the whole fun story, the Neo-Geo forums has a few threads that basically sum everything up.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...asuke-Revealed
    http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showth...rowd-goes-mild

Whilst the extreme action may be a little bit far, my issue with Tasuke threads is that is perfectly sums low quality content, he just sort of goes away for a while and then comes back with like 5000 images of the same old VCRs. I guess I just don't get it, maybe someone in the off-topic section could start an actual A/V Equipment thread that everyone posts recommendations & their current setups but not once has that actually happened. That would actually be a good thread.

he just sort of goes away for a while and then comes back with like 5000 images of the same old VCRs.
    This is exactly my issue with Tasuke. I have no problem with his collections, and I think its good that we live in a world where people can engage in such a diverse range of interests. I also have nothing against him personally, and I think some of his stuff is pretty cool, but I don't think this is the place for his strange behaviour. If he just wants to make the occasional post about a new addition to his collection, maybe the best places for it are his accounts on DeviantArt and photobucket.

If I come across as nasty, I'm not trying to be. But sometimes I can't tell if he's reaching out to the wrong people to share his hobbies with, or if he's just trolling.

Thread Information