Quantcast

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: XGM player on Megadrive

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold101 View Post
    java platform se binary stopped working

i tried already to uninstall and re download, do the same, its even crashing when i click on java in control panel in windows

ps. where i can download more bin file with xgm player compilations?
    Not sure which you are using, but I would first Uninstall ALL JAVA that you have through control panel first.

Then only install one version of Java in your system. As was stated, version 6 is required, but always best to go with the latest version. So I would install Java 8 but try the 32-bit version first. Again, only have just the one Java version installed initially. Then see if you can click on the xgmrombuilder.jar file just like running an application. That is how I use it. If that still fails, then uninstall java and try a different version, switching between the 32bit and 64bit versions. Also make sure you are not only installing the .JRE but also the .JDK. This way you not only have the standard runtime files that most people have already, but also have the development files installed just to be sure. I usually install the .JDK and then the .JRE.

Let us know...

Puzzle Bobbler Wildside Expert smokemonster's Avatar

I've used it on several systems (Windows 10, Windows 8.1) and it's perfect. Must be a user error.

Wildside Expert

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Not sure which you are using, but I would first Uninstall ALL JAVA that you have through control panel first.

Then only install one version of Java in your system. As was stated, version 6 is required, but always best to go with the latest version. So I would install Java 8 but try the 32-bit version first. Again, only have just the one Java version installed initially. Then see if you can click on the xgmrombuilder.jar file just like running an application. That is how I use it. If that still fails, then uninstall java and try a different version, switching between the 32bit and 64bit versions. Also make sure you are not only installing the .JRE but also the .JDK. This way you not only have the standard runtime files that most people have already, but also have the development files installed just to be sure. I usually install the .JDK and then the .JRE.

Let us know...
    already done that. maybe there's a utility that remove all java things better?

where i can find vgm of real songs done in ym sound or from other non sega videogames?
    stef can you make an spc player but for snes too?
    Last edited by Arnold101; 09-01-2017 at 05:27 PM.

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Has anyone tested much on PAL? I suffer some major slow down on my MD. I'm going to try the ROMs off this thread and see what I get.

YM2612 in soul Hedgehog-in-TrainingRoad Rasher Peeteris's Avatar

What do you mean?
    No problems on PAL
    It's just that on PAL XGM Player sets speed automatically on 50 not 60, but you can increase speed with Start+UP

Wildside Expert

there are any new roms ready to listen? please share

Puzzle Bobbler Wildside Expert smokemonster's Avatar

Media

Stef asked for feedback on problematic titles in another thread so I'll post some observations. It seems to calculate the correct length for all tracks but cuts out prematurely on many, sometimes crashing the gui.

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker: All music: Sound is off and has a constant clicking sound
    Battle Mania Daiginjou (AKA Trouble Shooter 2/Vintage) Track: Burning Heart: Music cuts out prematurely at 00:54
    Battle Mania Daiginjou (AKA Trouble Shooter 2/Vintage) Track: Smoking Head: Music cuts out prematurely at 00:42
    Battle Mania Daiginjou (AKA Trouble Shooter 2/Vintage) Track: Shrine: Music cuts out prematurely at 01:06
    Biohazard Battle Track: Title Theme: Cuts out prematurely at 01:02 and crashes the player momentarily
    Castlevania Bloodlines Track: The Discolored Wall (Stage 3) Music cuts prematurely at 01:04
    Castlevania Bloodlines Track: Theme of Simon (Classic Tune) Music cuts prematurely at 01:12
    Dragon's Fury Track: Main Table: Cuts out prematurely after a few minutes
    Elemental Master Track: Temptation of the Devil (Stage Select): Music cuts out at 00:33 and completely crashes the menu until console is reset.
    Elemental Master Track: Until the End of the Earth (Stage 3): Music cuts out at 02:10 and completely crashes the menu until console is reset.
    Elemental Master Track: Blood-Stained Lake (Stage 4): Music cuts out at 01:22
    Mega Bomberman Track: Title Theme: Cuts out at 00:21
    Mega Bomberman Track: Staff Roll: Cuts out at 01:17 and temporarily freezes the gui
    Mega Bomberman Track: Battle Theme: Cuts out at 01:21 and crashes the menu until console is reset.
    Psy-O-Blade Track: Arthur - Music cuts out prematurely at 00:26
    Phantasy Star IV Track: Behind the Circuit - Music cuts out prematurely
    Phantasy Star IV Track: Motavia Village - Music cuts out prematurely at 01:29
    Phantasy Star IV Track: The Black Blood - Music cuts out prematurely at 01:02
    Phantasy Star IV Track: Land Master AXV-25 - Music cuts out prematurely at 00:52
    Thunder Force III Track: Venus Fire (Stage 2: Gorgon) Music cuts out at 01:26
    Thunder Force III Track: Twin Vulcan (Stage 2 Boss) Music cuts out at 00:31
    Thunder Force III Track: King Fish (Stage 3 Boss) Music cuts out at 00:42
    Thunder Force III Track: Off Luck (Stage 7) Music cuts out at 00:44 and completely crashes the menu until console is reset.
    Thunder Force III Track: Welcome ! ! Music cuts out at 00:25
    Thunder Force IV Track: Evil Destroyer (Stage 1 Boss) Music cuts out prematurely at 01:14 and freezes the menu momentarily
    Thunder Force IV Track: Attack Sharply (Stage 2 Boss) Music cuts out prematurely at 00:30
    Ys III Wanderers Track: Dark Trap - Music cuts out prematurely at 00:46

I'm testing all of these in the SmokeMonster Boss Battle Mix, which was built on XGM Player V3. Im using a Nomad and Mega EverDrive X7.
    Last edited by smokemonster; 09-19-2017 at 01:08 PM.

Perfect ! Thanks for your report, that will be really useful for me

Ok i tested the list you reported and so far i didn't experienced all these issues.
    I believe you used an older XGMPlayer v3 (a buggy one) in which looping was completely broken.
    The only issue i saw is with Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, it seems to have an issue with music extraction indeed, i need to investigate that.

Raging in the Streets SEGA.GENESIS1989's Avatar

Media

Music composers for the Mega Drive may be interested in viewing this video:

A new flexible edition (FlexEd) version of Dual PCM, now with pitch control, volume control, looping, and a few other improvements.

Cheers!
    "There's nothing to fear, except fear itself"
    http://i1054.photobucket.com/albums/s486/link2link2link/YUZOKOSHIROISAGODNEOSEEDEDITION.gif

16-bits is all he needs Master of Shinobi matteus's Avatar

Why does that guy not make his videos publically listed???

I'll just leave this there.
    https://files.fm/u/cgyy55cc#_

Have fun.
    Checked first 25 tracks, so far only data select, marble garden zone 2, azure lake and chrome gadget sound normal or doesn't crash player.
    Well, I know that these vgm's maybe are terribly recorded but they are the only ones available on the net + XGM player is the only one who doesn't play them as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Peeteris View Post
    I'll just leave this there.
    https://files.fm/u/cgyy55cc#_

Have fun.
    Checked first 25 tracks, so far only data select, marble garden zone 2, azure lake and chrome gadget sound normal or doesn't crash player.
    Well, I know that these vgm's maybe are terribly recorded but they are the only ones available on the net + XGM player is the only one who doesn't play them as intended.

Did you tested with the last XGM Rom builder tool available here :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zej372op6b...ilder.zip?dl=0

So far i didn't meet all these problems.
    Also do your VGM files comes from ym2612 project web site ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stef View Post
    Did you tested with the last XGM Rom builder tool available here :
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zej372op6b...ilder.zip?dl=0

So far i didn't meet all these problems.
    Also do your VGM files comes from ym2612 project web site ?
    Yes, I'm using the latest XGM builder, you sent me it 8 months ago if i'm not mistaken.
    Downloaded the one from dropbox site now - the result is the same.
    First 4 tracks - title screen(pcm is just terrible), data select (sounds normal), angel island zone 1 (pcm is even worse), angel island zone 2(crashes player)

Yes, VGM's are from Project2612.

Thread Information