Quantcast

Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 28343536373839 LastLast

Thread: Digital Foundry (Official Thread)

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Then it just looks similar because mine upscales them to 1080P. I played them to know.

Life!? ... What console is that on?

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Your display light have a really good upscaler. I had a 23 1080p desktop display that had a VGA port. The DC looked like ass on it.
    Last edited by gamevet; 04-15-2019 at 08:53 AM.
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Monitors usually have garbage scalers. My Toshiba HDTV with a VGA port has an excellent scaler and the DC looks great on it.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

I bought my new 4k hdr15 tv specifically for it's internal scaling abilities. that's why I also choose qled.

dreamcast looks like a god on it. even my extreme pc-nerd friend can't believe it's graphics.

Quote Originally Posted by SegataS View Post
    I have used this for the past 3 years and it's been amazing. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...4D0HKA8F&psc=1
    Which VGA cable are you using? Do the colors look bright and more like the non-Pound options shown in the video? I'd like to use DC HDMI in the future, but I just want to get my console running again and this looks like a good, quick, and cheap fix until then.

End of line.. Hero of Algol gamevet's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Monitors usually have garbage scalers. My Toshiba HDTV with a VGA port has an excellent scaler and the DC looks great on it.
    Yeah, my 52" Samsung LCD from 2009 has a VGA port. I should probably try hooking up my DC to it to see how it looks. I know the GC looks pretty good using component cables and the widescreen option in games that support it.

Here's Metroid Prime on it.

Attached Images Attached Images
    A Black Falcon: no, computer games and video games are NOT the same thing. Video games are on consoles, computer games are on PC. The two kinds of games are different, and have significantly different design styles, distribution methods, and game genre selections. Computer gaming and console (video) gaming are NOT the same thing."

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

The Future Is Yesterday Hedgehog-in-TrainingRaging in the Streets SegataS's Avatar

Lol, I have a certain nostalgia for that game. During a weird time in my life. I was getting into all kinds of trouble. Petty theft. Vandalism. Drugs. Playing Hooky. When we were not out raising hell we were in my friend's basement smoking pot or dropping acid. He had an N64 and a PC and while high we played both a lot. One of the games we took turns on was Castlevania 64. I liked at the time the novelty of exploring a horror game like Castlevania in 3D. Exploring old mansions and such. The part that drove us nuts was the nitro bit. I didn't play any other horror-themed games at the time. Yeah one of our weed suppliers had a PS1 and we hung out sometimes but all he had on it was V8 & Twisted Metal which we played when slacking off from school. Castlevania is bad, real bad but not always as awful as people make it. It can be fun at moments to explore the environments at the time. Had good music like any CV game (what little music there is) SoTN is a much better game even if I am not a big fan of it. I would put CV Adventure below CV64 tho. C64 IMO can be a entertaining bad. CV Adventure was just boring.

I believe I said this before on some topic over here but here we go again, Castlevania 64 is a resonably good game. It was praised by critics and people on the release and the ones I remember complaining about it were PSX owners who already played SotN because it was not like it, ironically doing the same on the release of Chronicles years latter.

Raging in the Streets Team Andromeda's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxi View Post
    I believe I said this before on some topic over here but here we go again, Castlevania 64 is a resonably good game. .
    I wouldn't quite go that far, it wasn't great, but not all bad and I was always impressed with the music in the game (good for a N64 game) I liked Curse Of Darkness a lot more; that's for me, where the team started to get grip on a half decent 3D Castlevania game.
    Lord Of Shadows was utterly brilliant too (and also great on the 3DS), but what on earth happened with Lord Of Shadows II? That was horrendous and more or less killed the IP.
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is
    one of the best 3D shooting games available
    Presented for your pleasure

Raging in the Streets Thierry Henry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soviet View Post
    We believe! SEGA Empire will live again! As the Jews re-established their Israel, GOD will never forget his people, SEGA will never forget her fans!

I still love the first two Turok games. Turok 2 ran like shit on N64 even with the expansion pack but boy if I didn't play that game a hundred times over. Still, have them on N64. Waiting for a physical re-release. Didn't like GoldenEye or Perfect Dark but Turok I also was shirtless screaming I AM TUROK!

I loved the 1st Turok Games on the N64 and even enjoyed the reboot on the OG Xbox truth be told. I have to say that back in the day, the N64 was the console for FPS and its laughable now to see so many of the Nintendo faithful lambast the FPS genre.
    What I have to say too, is how amazing it was that Exhumed beat the likes of Turok and Prime for adv in FPS's on consoles. Such a shame most (including EDGE mag) simply called it a Doom clone in an Egyptian setting
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Hedgehog-in-Training Hedgehog-in-TrainingSports Talker Virtua Hunter's Avatar

Turok dinosaur hunter was great on PC, the sequels not very much.

The real king of FPS on console was Exhumed, undefeated until Halo 1 (and even than I continue to prefer the Lobotomy masterpiece).

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua Hunter View Post
    Turok dinosaur hunter was great on PC, the sequels not very much.

The real king of FPS on console was Exhumed, undefeated until Halo 1 (and even than I continue to prefer the Lobotomy masterpiece).
    Exhumed is still the KING. The best level design ever seen in any FPS, even the AI was way ahead of its time. I used to love if any enemy fire attack hit another enemy by accident (when trying to kill you) they'll fight against each other. LOBOTOMY was GODs and one of SEGA biggest ever screw-ups was not making that team an In-House studio
    Panzer Dragoon Zwei is

Thread Information