Quantcast

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Panzer Dragoon Saga source code

Raging in the Streets

Quote Originally Posted by Thief View Post
    Shaky emulation I would call PS2 and Dreamcast emulators.

I'm still looking to replace my first Saturn that got lost in a move. But not much in a hurry until I move into a bigger place to be able to actually set if up. And last I checked games on SSF, seemed like I could pretty much play anything without any serious issues.
    Despite it's issues PS2 emulation is really good, i've played through and completed more than quite a few games without anything game-breaking going on.

Maybe I should give Saturn emulation another try

Stuck in the Past Shining Hero The Jackal's Avatar

How hard would it be for Sega to do their own Saturn emulator and release the game that way? Surely they should be able to do it without the same issues as others have faced regarding Saturn emulation; I mean, they created the bloody thing.

Raging in the Streets bultje112's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tower of Power View Post
    When a game goes for 400 or so USD, it makes sense to hope for a re-release, especially something like PDS that would benefit greatly from some higher powered hardware.

Although at this point, I think it would benefit most from a ground up remake.
    if you don't have the money then play it on cd-r

Master of Shinobi midnightrider's Avatar

^If one absolutely has to, I'd say figure out a way to emulate it. (ISO's ripped by Darkwater, usually BIN/CUE's, work better in Yabause than MDF/MDS, if you're not interested in getting disc mounting software needed for SSF[unless the disc is affordable, and you have a disc drive])

I'm surprised there isn't some way to look inside a rom/game iso and see the programming code within.

Banned by Administrators

Quote Originally Posted by midnightrider View Post
    ^If one absolutely has to, I'd say figure out a way to emulate it. (ISO's ripped by Darkwater, usually BIN/CUE's, work better in Yabause than MDF/MDS, if you're not interested in getting disc mounting software needed for SSF[unless the disc is affordable, and you have a disc drive])

I'm surprised there isn't some way to look inside a rom/game iso and see the programming code within.
    Source code is the language for said code. It got lost in a hard drive crash, I believe? So reverse engineering is the only way.

I've also never used Yabause. Always SSF.

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

What if you're only interested in playing the game legitimately?

And you can see the "programming code" within a rom/game ISO, but it's usually very difficult to read because it's obfuscated machine language of some sort. Fans have reverse engineered some games like this (like Sonic 1), but it usually takes a lot of effort, moreso for a system like the Saturn that's very complex and not widely understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Tower of Power View Post
    What if you're only interested in playing the game legitimately?
    A weak question for a game several decades old costing several hundreds of dollars. If someone cares about "legitimacy," then spend the near half-a-grand on the discs and the flimsy crappy case that housed them. If not, it's 2016 - there are options.

Sad to say, but I also doubt there are as many interested people in a PDS rerelease or remake as there are original US copies of the game.

I would always play on the actual hardware above any form of emulation

Framemeister Expert Hedgehog-in-TrainingOutrunner Tower of Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorIng View Post
    A weak question for a game several decades old costing several hundreds of dollars. If someone cares about "legitimacy," then spend the near half-a-grand on the discs and the flimsy crappy case that housed them. If not, it's 2016 - there are options.

Sad to say, but I also doubt there are as many interested people in a PDS rerelease or remake as there are original US copies of the game.

There's another option: a legitimate re-release or remake of the game, which is exactly what people have been asking for. I'm not desperate to play through the game, I've played it once, but would like to play it again. It's cool that the piracy option exists, but it's not for me.

I think it's disingenuous to say there's only as many people interested as there have been copies released. The game has near legendary status in the gaming community, because it's both very rare and very good. There's a lot of people interested in it, but not many that can actually get their hands on a copy.

pretty much no one has ever heard of panzer dragoon saga. it's nothing but a grain of sand in the desert.

they will never do a release and rightfully so. people need to step up to reality.

Raging in the Streets EclecticGroove's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bultje112 View Post
    pretty much no one has ever heard of panzer dragoon saga. it's nothing but a grain of sand in the desert.

they will never do a release and rightfully so. people need to step up to reality.
    People have. But it's not like Final Fantasy to be sure.
    It has a following, and several people who are in the "well, if I could ever get it cheap" or "I'll pirate it and try it" camp.

If Sega did a proper re-release of it, it would absolutely gain some interest... but you are correct that it's likely to never happen unless someone at Sega goes the Shenmue route and crowdfunds it.
    It just doesn't have the massive following/hype to make Sega think it would be worth the money.

jet set radio is far more well known and has more cult status and the re-release flopped big time. and that is a game that still looks great. panzer dragoon saga will look rough

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    They did make a solid effort of making an HD version of REZ for the Xbox 360.
    Rez was on the DC though. Sega has whoring out DC games for years.

Wasn't the last PD Orta which was released in 2002 for the Xbox of all systems. I have no doubt in my mind that Sega could re-release and remaster PD but would it make financial sense on there part? I mean people have been clamoring for another Streets of Rage games and all we got was compilations. If you really want to play this game you either have buy it (like I did last year) or go the cdr route. And IDK why people call it piracy the game has been discontinued since 98 almost 20 years and Sega isn't getting any money if you pay 350 dollars for a legit copy or 1 for a burned copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoltor View Post
    Japan on the other hand is in real danger, if Japanese men don't start liking to play with their woman, more then them selves, experts calculated the Japanese will be extinct within 300 years.

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da_Shocker View Post
    Rez was on the DC though. Sega has whoring out DC games for years.

Wasn't the last PD Orta which was released in 2002 for the Xbox of all systems. I have no doubt in my mind that Sega could re-release and remaster PD but would it make financial sense on there part? I mean people have been clamoring for another Streets of Rage games and all we got was compilations. If you really want to play this game you either have buy it (like I did last year) or go the cdr route. And IDK why people call it piracy the game has been discontinued since 98 almost 20 years and Sega isn't getting any money if you pay 350 dollars for a legit copy or 1 for a burned copy.
    My condolences to your wallet if you really bought PDS last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

who cares about money over far more important things like experiences or health? that's what's so wrong with society. people will not look twice if you throw away a bread, but if you throw away a primarily meaningless item that costs 100 euros, they will

Thread Information