Quantcast

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Playstation 3 Custom Firmware installation & Multi MAN

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

Thanks very much for all the help with this DSwizzy145, now I have some more questions... I could Google all this stuff and feel my way through, but if I'm being honest (and cheeky) this will be quicker I bet!

I would quite like to network my PS3 and have it accessible only 'in house' on my own local network, I want to keep it totally insulated from the dirty, outside internet! How could I do this without risking it accidentally connecting to the internet? Thanks all!

Surprised the community is being so supporting to piracy of new games. Pretty clear the person isn't backing up originals and PS3 is still releasing games. Clearly screwing developers.

Quote Originally Posted by cleeg View Post
    Thanks very much for all the help with this DSwizzy145, now I have some more questions... I could Google all this stuff and feel my way through, but if I'm being honest (and cheeky) this will be quicker I bet!

I would quite like to network my PS3 and have it accessible only 'in house' on my own local network, I want to keep it totally insulated from the dirty, outside internet! How could I do this without risking it accidentally connecting to the internet? Thanks all!
    Set up a wireless network without access to the internet.

You could probably configure your router to let a certain device not have access to the internet with your existing network, but I'm not sure if consumer routers have that ability.

Thanks Blades, I'll have a look at that. Also, I may just unplug the router from the internet and proceed to setup from there perhaps...

That would work too.

Now then, I just bought Need For Speed Hot Pursuit Limited Edition (BLES00949 PAL) and copied the game over to my USB HDD. I initially must've had a bad disc, as it would hang at 88 or 96% installation, depending on cleanliness of the disc's surface, as it's cheap I bought a 2nd copy. All I get is a black screen when launched, this is true of the disc as well. There are a few things I can still try but Google has brought patchy results.

One other thing, the PSN version of this game is considerably smaller, is there a considerable in game difference?

EDIT - Just been having a gander about, and I think I have this right: The PSN (around 4GB) version is just a basic edition, to which DLC can be added? I imagine all of this is present on the game disc already? If so, I'd love to get it running from the copy I made from the disc...
    Last edited by cleeg; 05-17-2017 at 06:04 AM.

Sorry for the double post but I got this sorted. In the end I installed fresh after deleting the previous install. I went straight for internal HDD, and after checking found the game was only 7GB in size, so it can stay there. Whether or not the PSN version had something to do with it I don't know, or maybe it was a bad install the first time around...

Either way, sorted!

Recently, I've been having some problems: My PS3 is now stuttering through the XMB, MMan's menu and many games. The internally installed games are the worst affected, mainly music not playing smoothly and sound effects arriving late, that kind of thing. I have followed these steps...

https://stevenbreuls.com/2015/08/fix...tion-problems/

... to some success, but I still have the same problem, I also moved 30GBs of space onto the external HDD, also to no avail after a second file structure restore. I am beginning to suspect my internal HDD might not be up to the task any longer. I have a spare 1TB HDD currently in use for backing up various PS3 stuff, it was new to this task and has had only light use.

There seem to be all kinds of issues (NOR / NAND etc) surrounding swapping HDDs out, I'm confused! My PS3 is a slim (serial number ending CECH -2503B). If I swap the new one in I imagine that the PS3 will format it to its liking; so from there will I be able to install the same CFW from a USB PKG file? I bought it premodded so have not had experience doing this myself. It looked fairly straightforward when I looked into this originally, but it's been a while...

Thanks in advance for any help or advice .

EDIT - Sorted this ages ago, I replaced the HDD and replaced everything manually from the discs. The long way round but it worked.
    Last edited by cleeg; 01-01-2018 at 12:36 PM.

Raging in the Streets EclecticGroove's Avatar

Sorry for bumping an old topic, but I have an old PS3 Phat (CECHB model) that I'm looking to mod up and rip my whole PS1 collection onto. I don't really have any PS2 or PS3 games I care about anymore. But I have a bunch of PS1 games I'd like to use it for. I'm not sure what the state of using it for emulators is, but if it has some of those available it'd just be another bonus.

Problem is it's on a relatively new OFW, and looking around on the best ways to revert it isn't exactly leading me to current relevant info. I've looked at a couple places (even one of the posts earlier in this topic), but lots of the links lead to dead sites, or sites trying to install some garbage add on that I'm not about to mess with.

I think it can be quite tricky, requiring hardware for the task. You may be as well picking up a unit with the correct FW. There can be some good deals had. As far as emus go it's pretty good I think, and PS1 games play nicely as far as I know.

Necro bump! I've googled the pants off this to no avail... I recently took the online plunge with my PS3 having created an account as I want to download a game, and, correlation or causation, who knows, but there have been one or two weird changes I can't fix:

1) The saves folder has changed its name on the XMB to (PS3 BADGE SYMBOL) Modded Saves Fuck Legit (PS3 BADGE SYMBOL).

Not a biggie, but I don't like it. Any way to change it back?

2) BDs would never play, and now DVDs don't. Not a deal breaker, but just a bit weird.

I'm thinking that the PS3 can't access the PSN now?

Any help, as always, is greatly appreciated.

Thread Information