Quantcast

Thread: WTB: Mega Drive Gley Lancer (loose cart)

Default FOUND! WTB: Mega Drive Gley Lancer (loose cart)

I ended up finding a good condition loose cart on ebay for $135 USD. I bought it. Then about two weeks later I found one on ebay for 60 Euro (~$64 USD)! DOH!

I was not patient enough... but we live and we learn. Luckily Gleylancer is a really fun shooter.

---

Hey all,

I'm looking to buy a loose authentic cart for the Japanese Mega Drive game Gley Lancer.

Doesn't need to be mint but needs to be in good shape and working.

Thanks!

Cartridge:
    Gley Lancer Cart.JPG
    Last edited by thesegadude; 11-29-2016 at 04:19 PM.
    Sega Dude

Visit my Instagram @RetroMegabit or RetroMegabit.com

Bump!

I know it's a hard one to come by. But... no one has a loose cart for sale?
    Sega Dude

Raging in the Streets xelement5x's Avatar

Getting an authentic loose cart is gonna be a tall order, even the ones from Japan now are kind of suspect since the bootlegs are rampant anymore and there isn't any easy way to get them apart to inspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by StarMist View Post
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

I agree. I am concerned boots. And that rear sticker on Japanese Mega Drive carts doesn't help much.
    If I suspected a boot I would use a hair dry to heat the rear label and see if I could get at the screws without causing damage.
    And even though I can spot a ROM vs ERPOM and stuff like hand soldering I don't actually know what the Gley Lancer PCB looks like.
    Sega Dude

Quote Originally Posted by thesegadude View Post
    I agree. I am concerned boots. And that rear sticker on Japanese Mega Drive carts doesn't help much.
    If I suspected a boot I would use a hair dry to heat the rear label and see if I could get at the screws without causing damage.
    And even though I can spot a ROM vs ERPOM and stuff like hand soldering I don't actually know what the Gley Lancer PCB looks like.
    Well, most boots are just using glob tops so once it's apart it probably wouldn't be too hard to tell but yeah still not trivial. If you get one someone here probably has a legit copy and could at least take a picture of the bottom of the PCB copy for you.
    A spine card is the hymen of a new game assuring its first owner that he is truly her one and only, and of a used game assuring its new owner that whilst she has been played with in the past that play has never been too careless or thorough.

Man in Black Master of Shinobi IrishNinja's Avatar

^are boots really as big a concern with paypal refunds so easy to do nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    ^are boots really as big a concern with paypal refunds so easy to do nowadays?
    Maybe not if you're buying from ebay, but when I buy stuff from Japan I'm normally using a friend or proxy which means I buy the item, they receive it, and then eventually it makes its way to me. By the time I've received it quite a lot of time has passed so making a claim concerning the validity is much harder to do.

Found a loose cart. I edited my original post.

Thanks for the comments guys. Without opening the cart I am comfortable that it's legit.
    Sega Dude

Thread Information