Quantcast

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Miniplanets

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Curious how the 3D planet rotation was done? Is that using multiple sprites with priorities on them for the overlapping and then the player object is using the foreground?
    Pretty much (the planet eats up 80% of the sprite table in fact). Other objects are also sprites on top of the planet, I was kind of surprised that sprite overflow never happens given how many sprites end up on the same line thanks to the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by CrossBow View Post
    Eitherway, it is very impressive to see in reality while playing and pretty darn convincing for a 3D effect. Also are there 5 total planet sets? And do you call each set a planet system with the miniplanets contained within, or perhaps they are mini galaxies? I'm trying to find the best way to describe it all terminology wise.
    Planet = miniplanet
    Planet set = planelago
    Everything = planelago system

Planelago = planet + archipelago :​P (a planelago is a group of small planets much like how an archipelago is a group of small islands)

[Planelago = planet + archipelago :​P (a planelago is a group of small planets much like how an archipelago is a group of small islands)[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't that be... a Planelago is a group of Miniplanets? LOL just messing with you. Excellent game as the 3.5 hours I put into last night would seem to indicate.

*leaves this here*

Also the game is one year old already WTF

Mega Driven Raging in the Streets cleeg's Avatar

What's this then?

Released REV03 since some consoles seem to not like REV02:
    https://sik.itch.io/miniplanets (same itch.io link as usual)

I have no idea if it works though (I just changed something that I think is likely the cause, from experience). The problem is that there exist a few bugs that are specific to a few revisions but their exact behavior is not well documented (other than seemingly Sega having met them at some point and warned about them in addenums, but nobody could exactly prove them in homebrew times). Gotta start being more strict about this.

Also something to be said about cartridges. This is one of those bugs that are a lot more prominent if the cartridge is too slow. Not enough discussion about how cartridge response time affects hardware behavior (sadly, Mega Everdrive turned out to be very slow for this particular issue and glitch the fuck out).

What is the main issue or bug that came up? I played quite a bit of it (never quite finished it...) but didn't seem to encounter anything odd. No lock ups or anything like that anyway.

Escape 2042 was a different story. That game gave me some issues, especially when trying to use my SegaCD with it for the background music tracks.

Most consoles are not affected by it, but a few of them will have the water occasionally flashing red or the like (or in severe cases, glitched graphics overall).

Training-in-Hedgehog Hedgehog-in-TrainingWildside Expert tokay's Avatar

You can pre-order miniplanets alongside other games here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...UqsZQ/viewform

Thread Information